Two Players No Longer On The Roster

I wouldn't retire a number ever, we've got the Ring of Honor for that kind of thing. I'd establish a committee where they approve a coaches request to allow certain numbers to be worn their junior or senior year. So a sort of retirement, but if you earn it, you can have it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You meant to say "Germans" right?
monsters inc aww GIF by Disney Pixar

Advertisement
Fifth-year offensive lineman Cleveland Reed Jr. and fourth-year linebacker Sam Brooks, who were not included on Miami's fall camp roster, are no longer on the team. No other details at this time.
Needed this
Slowly keep trimming the jags

Advertisement
Does Christobol think that number should be retired?

“I don’t know if numbers should be retired in general. They should be honored. I do believe that. Because if you start retiring numbers at the University of Miami you could retire 40-plus numbers in a hurry. Then everybody is wearing 65 and then you got everybody ****ed off at me.
I thing against ST, but Mario has a point here. I don’t think we should retire numbers. I will say that maybe we don’t give 26 to a FR anymore. I’m fine with giving it to a kid who’s earned it on the field.

Needed this
Slowly keep trimming the jags

Less and less of those these days. I have us under 10 for the first time since Coker. Next season I expect that number to be near to zero.

Advertisement
Brooks was my SFL hope when was recruited.
Need someone(s) from tri-county area to lead this team and be the bell cow
Kelly, Bissainthe, James Williams and Kinchens
Brinson, George, Chaney and Knighton

Nothing would make me happier than to see this team dominate led by the hometown boys
Ok Homer, but if there’s a guy in France or Burma who can lead this team to greatness, he’s my guy.

I wouldn't retire a number ever, we've got the Ring of Honor for that kind of thing. I'd establish a committee where they approve a coaches request to allow certain numbers to be worn their junior or senior year. So a sort of retirement, but if you earn it, you can have it.

Retiring numbers is an antiquated way of honoring someone, especially at a school where you have had so many greats like the U, you'll run out of numbers :)

Advertisement
Back