Two Players No Longer On The Roster

Does Christobol think that number should be retired?

“I don’t know if numbers should be retired in general. They should be honored. I do believe that. Because if you start retiring numbers at the University of Miami you could retire 40-plus numbers in a hurry. Then everybody is wearing 65 and then you got everybody ****ed off at me.
He's right. The Steelers kind of do what I believe Mario is doing with the "honor" language here though. They don't officially retire numbers but there are certain numbers that guys simply don't get.

Advertisement
Brooks was my SFL hope when was recruited.
Need someone(s) from tri-county area to lead this team and be the bell cow
Kelly, Bissainthe, James Williams and Kinchens
Brinson, George, Chaney and Knighton

Nothing would make me happier than to see this team dominate led by the hometown boys

Advertisement
Does Christobol think that number should be retired?

“I don’t know if numbers should be retired in general. They should be honored. I do believe that. Because if you start retiring numbers at the University of Miami you could retire 40-plus numbers in a hurry. Then everybody is wearing 65
Did Mario seriously just disrespect Martin Bibla?

Hope he doesn’t lose the fan base over this. Smh.

Brooks' body is not meant for further football activity. If that hasn't been clear for a long time, consider withdrawing your medical school aspirations/applications.

And this is y I don’t get this new narrative of devaluing scholarships, like they don’t mean chit. A lot of these guys won’t make it, or something happens. Again, I’m all for the appropriate use of NIL, but it’s also why I’ve been an advocate to stop devaluing a kid getting a full ride on a school’s dime for playing a sport. Yes, these student athletes are benefiting the school financially, but in turn, their abilities are giving them an opportunity to reach higher goals IF sports don’t work out

Advertisement
And this is y I don’t get this new narrative of devaluing scholarships, like they don’t mean chit. A lot of these guys won’t make it, or something happens. Again, I’m all for the appropriate use of NIL, but it’s also why I’ve been an advocate to stop devaluing a kid getting a full ride on a school’s dime for playing a sport. Yes, these student athletes are benefiting the school financially, but in turn, their abilities are giving them an opportunity to reach higher goals IF sports don’t work out
I wonder what the total evaluation would be? Scholarship + Dorm + Meals +Nutrition + Strength and conditioning + Healthcare

I wonder what the total evaluation would be? Scholarship + Dorm + Meals +Nutrition + Strength and conditioning + Healthcare

Well, it’s like my boy Chris McFoy told me while he was at SC:

His ride at SC was handsomely paid for & he received more perks than the avg. student. He said of course he wished he played in the NIL era, but that full ride allowed him to eat better than he ever had growing up, gave him an opportunity to make a NFL practice squad for several yrs, and put him in touch w/ an alumni base that helped jump start his business after his NFL dreams were done.

Schools invest a lot in student athletes; and we’re not talking 1 player; we’re talking hundreds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back