Two NFL caliber throws

He gets more decisive each week with this throws, he's coming along well.

I thought he was a bit off the first quarter and a half, but he got rolling. Lets hope he, along with the rest of the offense can keep building momentum before UVA

Advertisement
Saw this live and couldn't wait to watch on film. Jarren is trusting it more and these throws man......

... yet there were some people on here post-game calling for Perry to be in and saying he throws a better ball than Williams. GTFOH.

Williams is going to be Miami's biggest difference-making quarterback since Dorsey rolled out of town. (No disrespect to Brock Berlin, but that all-worked defense saved his **** all to often in 2003-2004. Without them, kid isn't a 20-5 starter with five wins over Florida and Florida State in his career.)

Jarren is the best QB we’ve had since Vinny. That said, until he can learn to be accurate with the deep ball, he’s not an NFL caliber QB.

Lot of NCs and a Heisman in between so you might want to hang on just a little. I thought Rosier 2017 was the best since Berlin simply because he won and won from behind in games that mattered. Needless to say, 2018 took lot of bloom off that rose. I do like Jarren and based on the beating he has taken and NOT turned into a INT machine, I am prepared to go best since Berlin and if he can manage to win 9 or 10 with a couple come from behind wins and one last minute one, I go beyond to best since Ken. Beyond that requires an NC and nothing short if it.

Advertisement
Jarren is the best QB we’ve had since Vinny. That said, until he can learn to be accurate with the deep ball, he’s not an NFL caliber QB.
I don't think the lack of deep ball has been his fault. Its mainly Enos doesnt call alot and when he does the OL allow pressure and throws off the timing. It will come though once the defenses realize he is quite good at attacking the short to mid range coverage.

Advertisement
Perry can? He hasn’t shown that he can outside of 2 plays in his time last year and under threw several balls when doing so. Let’s give Williams more time before we try to proclaim what he can’t do

Perry makes some throws better than Williams...and His release has gotten quicker.

Look at that 15-17 yd. out from the far hash that He threw to Hightower on a frozen rope in a tight window...that's an NFL throw.

Just because Kosar started doesn't mean that Testaverde was some scrub.

Assuming Perry's decision making has gotten better, somebody's getting a very ,very, very, very, very, very good QB out of the portal next year.

Perry makes some throws better than Williams...and His release has gotten quicker.

Look at that 15-17 yd. out from the far hash that He threw to Hightower on a frozen rope in a tight window...that's an NFL throw.

Just because Kosar started doesn't mean that Testaverde was some scrub.

Assuming Perry's decision making has gotten better, somebody's getting a very ,very, very, very, very, very good QB out of the portal next year.
Good luck to Perry wherever he goes next and he can make SOME throws better than Williams but definitely not all or anywhere near the consistency that Williams displays. A potentially stronger arm doesn’t mean a better arm either, there’s a difference

Advertisement
Lol at NFL caliber.. those were two routine throws

Really? The ability to anticipate the break and thread the needle with 4 defenders nearby. (extremely tight window ) And then read your read properly on quarters coverage (I simply called it cover 2 in the breakdown) know that you have a dino concept called (which obliterates quarters coverage) make the right read on the back 8, don't blink, don't hesitate and throw a perfectly thrown ball with a defender draped on the back of your guy for a TD with only 14 seconds left when you started the drive. Yup pretty routine if you ask me.

N'kosi has a stronger arm. He does. I think this week when Perry throws the ball outside the hash he just has that extra gear and throws it with more straight line authority. Much more to this then arm strength though. Where Jarren Williams succeeds is his ability to make confident throws in most situations and especially in the middle of the field. He is also insanely accurate with the football these three games and that really was his calling card all spring when you talked to coaches.

And if you ask me what is the most undeniable arm trait that a quarterback should have? Accuracy. Need the arm to get it there but without the accuracy, what does it matter....

Advertisement
N'kosi has a stronger arm. He does. I think this week when Perry throws the ball outside the hash he just has that extra gear and throws it with more straight line authority. Much more to this then arm strength though. Where Jarren Williams succeeds is his ability to make confident throws in most situations and especially in the middle of the field. He is also insanely accurate with the football these three games and that really was his calling card all spring when you talked to coaches.

And if you ask me what is the most undeniable arm trait that a quarterback should have? Accuracy. Need the arm to get it there but without the accuracy, what does it matter....
Agreed Nkosi has a stronger arm that's evident but he isnt nearly as accurate. All I care about is accuracy, decision making can be improved as the game slows down.Saying all that Ive been #Team Jarren since last year but Jarren is still holding the ball a little too long, that TD throw to Osborn although nice was a tad bit late. Dont think its gonna improve as much as I would like untill next year

Advertisement
Back