Two NFL caliber throws

Advertisement
Good luck to Perry wherever he goes next and he can make SOME throws better than Williams but definitely not all or anywhere near the consistency that Williams displays. A potentially stronger arm doesn’t mean a better arm either, there’s a difference

yes. And that throw to Hightower was going to him from the moment Perry stepped up to center. There was no decision making to be had. He was always going there. Two separate times you could see that. That is what get's Perry in trouble.

Yes I agree those were 2 impressive "NFL"? throws, however, I believe you could go through a number of QB's tapes and find similar throws. Scott Covington, Ryan Clement, Kenny Kelly, Brock Berlin, Frank Costa. They all made some tight window throws, and they barely sniffed the NFL.

Williams looks good for a young red shirt freshman, but this was against Bethune with zero pressure of winning the game. He definitely has potential to develop into something, maybe even an NFL QB, but those odds are slim. That's just the nature of making an NFL roster

He still can’t throw the deep ball for **** though. With his arm you would think that would be the easiest for him. We need to take the top off the D more to keep them on their toes. That will really open things up!

Advertisement
He still can’t throw the deep ball for **** though. With his arm you would think that would be the easiest for him. We need to take the top off the D more to keep them on their toes. That will really open things up!
I think he can he just hasn't had the opportunity from our Line. He cant step into his deep ball.

Dont think its gonna improve as much as I would like untill next year
With how much improvement we've seen over the course of 3 games, I'm not sure I agree with this. He's getting better each week. Trusting his eyes and being more decisive, IMO.

On the long Pope throw, he held it for a tick longer than he prob wanted to... The anticipation is still under development. But, that release and those mechanics, man. Slick.

Advertisement
Saw this live and couldn't wait to watch on film. Jarren is trusting it more and these throws man......

He’s still taking too long to let it go. He needs to get to the point that he’s throwing before the wr is going into his break. That’s what special ones do.
I will continue to monitor to see if it happens.

He’s still taking too long to let it go. He needs to get to the point that he’s throwing before the wr is going into his break. That’s what special ones do.
I will continue to monitor to see if it happens.
Trevor Lawrence still doesn’t do that on every play and he had an amazing true freshman. Jarren is still learning and growing

And since Lawrence considered the gold standard for qbs I advise Everyone to go look at most of the deep balls he has completed this year, they are not being thrown in stride, underthrown and a lot of times his excellent 6’4 plus receivers are bailing him out. It would be nice to have some of our bigger receivers like Hightower, Wiggins, Payton etc more on some of these deep balls tbh

Most talented QB we have had since Dorsey and he has twice the physical tools of him. Can't wait to see him as redshirt sophomore .

Trevor Lawrence still doesn’t do that on every play and he had an amazing true freshman. Jarren is still learning and growing

And since Lawrence considered the gold standard for qbs I advise Everyone to go look at most of the deep balls he has completed this year, they are not being thrown in stride, underthrown and a lot of times his excellent 6’4 plus receivers are bailing him out. It would be nice to have some of our bigger receivers like Hightower, Wiggins, Payton etc more on some of these deep balls tbh

I don’t care about Lawrence. We’re talking Jarren.
I want to see Jarren get better. A **** corpse could lead Clemson to an undefeated season.

Advertisement
I don’t care about Lawrence. We’re talking Jarren.
I want to see Jarren get better. A **** corpse could lead Clemson to an undefeated season.
That’s not the point, the person at or near the top of the game at qb still has inconstancies in his game which means it can happen to anyone including Jarren. Pretty asinine to not expect for him to not have things to grow from just 3 games in. He’s going to continue to get better with more experience

Good luck to Perry wherever he goes next and he can make SOME throws better than Williams but definitely not all or anywhere near the consistency that Williams displays. A potentially stronger arm doesn’t mean a better arm either, there’s a difference
His first pass 5 yards into the turf was evidence that he is a better passer than Williams

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back