Two honest Gator insights . . .

Advertisement
2019 gators = 2018 hurricanes.

Coming off a good, unexpected season where there were nice wins but also very concerning losses or coin flip wins. Now a full off-season of everyone telling them how great they are and a top 10 preseason ranking.

Not every team climbs and improves from year to year. There is no rule that says this year has to be better than last year. UF will fall flat on their faces this season. If Miami beats them, it’ll be a 7-5 year for them and they’ll be the team everyone is talking about at the end of the season as the biggest disappointment, just like Miami was last year. I see so many similarities it’s crazy.
One can only dream my friend! Hope they get an extra helping of booty rape on the football field this next season...Karma

Big difference is Mullen ain't Richt. If we ran a competent offense last year, we win a couple more games.

I don't expect them to be nearly as bad on offense as we were.

Funny you say that. I think the teams are mirrors of each other. Miami had a ton coming back on defense in 2018 and was excellent, but the offense was awful with (aside from scheme) the losses of Herndon, Richards, Berrios and a few pieces on the OL. I see the gator as the same. They’ve got a lot coming back on offense, but that defense was gutted and IMO takes a big step back.

I think their offense will be pretty decent, albeit inconsistent with Franks leading it. But the defense will be average, at best. Much like Miami in 2018....excellent defense with a terrible offense.

Again, mirrors. They’re not a great football team by any means. And Mullen runs a very simple scheme. I think having 8 months to prepare is a huge advantage.

Oline looked terrible and their dbs looked fsu 2018 bad and I’m not kidding.... They were terrible especially at safety. Should be able to exploit that early and often.

No impact players in the front 7 outside off Zuniga either and I guess Greenard but who knows how he will come back after sitting out last year. Not sure he’s the same player and he’s no where near as good as polite as a pass rusher.

Franks was pretty good but uh that secondary looked down right pathetic yesterday so hard to glean pretty much from that

Receivers looked good but it’s not like our dbs don’t see more talented receivers everyday.

Rb Perine looks slow still but he get yards. Not really concerned there
You really believe we have more talent at WR? If anything we're possibly as talented ..if you count our TEs.......they return lots of production in the passing game....also, Hendo, Marco and Dean are solid CBs....very good frosh class on paper backing them up....i agree we are definitely better at safety tho...

You really believe we have more talent at WR? If anything we're possibly as talented ..if you count our TEs.......they return lots of production in the passing game....also, Hendo, Marco and Dean are solid CBs....very good frosh class on paper backing them up....i agree we are definitely better at safety tho...
Don’t forget in their 10-3 season uf only passed for 2400 yards last year. Leading receiver van Jefferson 506 yards 6 tds, trevon grimes 360 yards 2 tds. **** rosier had 3120 yards passing in his 2017 season

Uf has
Trevon Grimes
Van Jefferson
Tyrie Cleveland
Kadarius toney
Freddie swain
Josh Hammond
Jacob Copeland
Areij Henderson?

Miami has
Jeff Thomas
K.J. Osborn
Mark pope
Brian Hightower
Jeremiah Payton
Evidence Njoku
Mike Harley
Dee Wiggins

Probably splitting hairs but I’d take Miami group honestly. When you add in tight ends Miami’s receiving corps>>>>uf’s

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t forget in their 10-3 season uf only passed for 2400 yards last year. Leading receiver van Jefferson 506 yards 6 tds, trevon grimes 360 yards 2 tds. **** rosier had 3120 yards passing in his 2017 season

Uf has
Trevon Grimes
Van Jefferson
Tyrie Cleveland
Kadarius toney
Freddie swain
Josh Hammond
Jacob Copeland
Areij Henderson?

Miami has
Jeff Thomas
K.J. Osborn
Mark pope
Brian Hightower
Jeremiah Payton
Evidence Njoku
Mike Harley
Dee Wiggins

Probably splitting hairs but I’d take Miami group honestly. When you add in tight ends Miami’s receiving corps>>>>uf’s
Don't forget Hammond had 28 for 369.... Swain 14 -265 Toney 25-260....they definitely have more proven talent...

Don't forget Hammond had 28 for 369.... Swain 14 -265 Toney 25-260....they definitely have more proven talent...
More proven receivers yeah for sure but I think Miami has more talent in terms of quality. Wouldn’t trade my receiver group for that

Do you think this game is as simple as whoever's O Line holds up more? I've felt that way for a while.

I think that'll more than likely the biggest factor in the game (obviously not the only factor). I don't expect much issues with our interior OL as that's where the most experience returns at but the OT's are definitely a question mark.

The spring game was nothing but an offensive showcase so there's nothing to take away from that as far as how the defense as a whole and offensive skillplayers looked. I wonder if having a year in our system will help us get off to faster starts offensively. Outside of the Idaho and CSU game, Tennessee was the only game where we scored double digits in the 1st quarter.

Advertisement
I don't think you're doing your offense any favors by purposely telling the defense to play at 50% (or whatever). I guess it's fun for the fans but I'm more interested in my team actually improving than putting on a show in an exhibition game.

I don't think you're doing your offense any favors by purposely telling the defense to play at 50% (or whatever). I guess it's fun for the fans but I'm more interested in my team actually improving than putting on a show in an exhibition game.

I'm sure those kind of things were answered in the practices and scrimmages leading up to the game. Saturday was just a give back to the fans type of thing and generate more offseason interest blah blah blah.

I unfortunately go to that school up north and went to the game to see what they looked like. They ran a few gimmick plays, their O-line had their 2nd string QBs under pressure all game when Franks was in it wasn’t nearly as bad but not perfect, their secondary couldn’t tackle and got blatantly beat. Their tight end Pitts scares me though.

More proven receivers yeah for sure but I think Miami has more talent in terms of quality. Wouldn’t trade my receiver group for that
I wouldn’t say that. I think both groups are talented. I **** sure wouldn’t trade any of our guys. But hopefully our group matured a lot. No lie UF has more proven guys. Or talent is there tho

Advertisement
I unfortunately go to that school up north and went to the game to see what they looked like. They ran a few gimmick plays, their O-line had their 2nd string QBs under pressure all game when Franks was in it wasn’t nearly as bad but not perfect, their secondary couldn’t tackle and got blatantly beat. Their tight end Pitts scares me though.

He has all of us exicted as the HB/TE/WR role. Again though, he hasn't proven a thing yet so it's nothing to really be too concerned about.

I'm sure those kind of things were answered in the practices and scrimmages leading up to the game. Saturday was just a give back to the fans type of thing and generate more offseason interest blah blah blah.

Basically. Spring Game should be the time to open the playbook up a little to appease the fans.

JT and Osborn are better than their top 2 - IDGAF what their stats were compared to JT last year, he'll be the best WR on the field and Osborn was a Biletnikoff nominee. The rest of theirs are more proven but we have quite a bit of potential. Factoring in the TEs it's a close nod to Miami. I think our TEs (both are NFL picks in a few years) edge out their returning proven production at WR and TE.

Advertisement
He has all of us exicted as the HB/TE/WR role. Again though, he hasn't proven a thing yet so it's nothing to really be too concerned about.
Flagator, what are your honest concerns with your team at this point? O Line? D Line? Both, etc.

JT and Osborn are better than their top 2 - IDGAF what their stats were compared to JT last year, he'll be the best WR on the field and Osborn was a Biletnikoff nominee. The rest of theirs are more proven but we have quite a bit of potential. Factoring in the TEs it's a close nod to Miami. I think our TEs (both are NFL picks in a few years) edge out their returning proven production at WR and TE.
I have to see it to believe it.... Jt4 is our only returning big-time WR....Osborn still has to show me more at this level...UF has proven SEC caliber WRs .....I also "think" we have future NFL talent at both WR and TE....but what we have right now as a group is plenty of unproven "potential"...

Flagator, what are your honest concerns with your team at this point? O Line? D Line? Both, etc.

OL as far as the tackle position is a concern due to just lack of game experience and also QUALITY depth on the OL. That seems to not have been answered this whole spring.

Put it this way.....

After Saturday’s showing, Mullen put the speculation to rest, saying the addition of a experienced offensive lineman was high on the team’s list of priorities.

“We still need to hit the road recruiting, because we are not complete at that position yet for this season,” Mullen said of the outlook regarding UF’s offensive line.

In my opinion, if we had to play a game today it would be:

LT: Stone Forsythe
LG: Brett Heggie
C: Nick Buchanon
RG: Chris Bleich
RT: Jean Delance

Internet chatter was/is that our David Reese, our MLB, his brother Stewart Reese is a starter along the Mississippi State OL and graduates this summer and that we may be a preferred destination for him.

Defensively, quality depth at LB and at CB (probably going to hope that. If #12 is EVER out there at CB, i'd fire whoever your OC is on the spot if they didn't throw at him everytime. He's not good. He tries, but he sucks. Our safties....they're good, but how can I put it, none of them has made me feel "secure" with them back there. Talented but inconsistent.

If you're bored....

https://247sports.com/college/flori...art-after-spring-ball-131215049/#131215049_10

Advertisement
Back