Two honest Gator insights . . .

from this week's Orange and Blue game:

Not as pumped up as most you can read . . .

Advertisement
I too believe that will pass it more. Their offense actually might be a mirror image of ours (albeit less talented).

They're going to get the ball to guys like Grimes, their TEs, and their RBs on short passes in space and set the defense up to take strategic shots.

One thing that was a little concerning was that there was a few OL yesterday that we are looking to being players this year got absolutely owned at times yesterday. I counted Zuniga getting hugged atleast 3 times on one drive

Oline looked terrible and their dbs looked fsu 2018 bad and I’m not kidding.... They were terrible especially at safety. Should be able to exploit that early and often.

No impact players in the front 7 outside off Zuniga either and I guess Greenard but who knows how he will come back after sitting out last year. Not sure he’s the same player and he’s no where near as good as polite as a pass rusher.

Franks was pretty good but uh that secondary looked down right pathetic yesterday so hard to glean pretty much from that

Receivers looked good but it’s not like our dbs don’t see more talented receivers everyday.

Rb Perine looks slow still but he get yards. Not really concerned there

One thing that was a little concerning was that there was a few OL yesterday that we are looking to being players this year got absolutely owned at times yesterday. I counted Zuniga getting hugged atleast 3 times on one drive
Do you think this game is as simple as whoever's O Line holds up more? I've felt that way for a while.

Advertisement

That shouldn't be a problem for you guys. Our DLine couldn't buy a holding call even if they had Mark Emmert's wallet

I think if we can contain their running game and get our offense to get to the magic 28 points mark, we will win. I'm concerned that they will scheme their running game to success and gash us there. I'm also concerned we can't get our offense peaked up in time, however, it's only spring and I don't think the scrimmage was as bad as some other posters think it was.

anigif_sub-buzz-24446-1514395325-4.gif

Oline looked terrible and their dbs looked fsu 2018 bad and I’m not kidding.... They were terrible especially at safety. Should be able to exploit that early and often.

No impact players in the front 7 outside off Zuniga either and I guess Greenard but who knows how he will come back after sitting out last year. Not sure he’s the same player and he’s no where near as good as polite as a pass rusher.

Franks was pretty good but uh that secondary looked down right pathetic yesterday so hard to glean pretty much from that

Receivers looked good but it’s not like our dbs don’t see more talented receivers everyday.

Rb Perine looks slow still but he get yards. Not really concerned there
I think Mullet had the D easing up so I'm not sure how good they are on O. I've heard that Stiner isn't doing so well at Safety and they're already weak there. I think that a good chunk of their fanbase is over-confident about their DLine and RB room

Advertisement
Based on the highlights of different games I’ve seen here and there, I think coaches now more than ever, except maybe at Miami, using spring games as a showcase for their offenses. And possibly even more important, to pump up their fan base with a fake show of offensive superiority.

I’m seeing DBs running at 50% speed, and people softly arm tackling. Those are not real defenses they are going up against

Wait, this is a thing? It sure looked like Willie was playing up the crowd as well...
Screenshot_20190414-153142.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the highlights of different games I’ve seen here and there, I think coaches now more than ever, except maybe at Miami, using spring games as a showcase for their offenses. And possibly even more important, to pump up their fan base with a fake show of offensive superiority.

I’m seeing DBs running at 50% speed, and people softly arm tackling. Those are not real defenses they are going up against

Agreed, plus Mullen in particular loves to inflate his offense for spring games. Their Defense is obviously not going to be that bad, and their Qbs are not going to look that good

Advertisement

How ironic that their weakest link our the ones mouthing off on Twitter. JT 4 is about to roast those clowns.

2019 gators = 2018 hurricanes.

Coming off a good, unexpected season where there were nice wins but also very concerning losses or coin flip wins. Now a full off-season of everyone telling them how great they are and a top 10 preseason ranking.

Not every team climbs and improves from year to year. There is no rule that says this year has to be better than last year. UF will fall flat on their faces this season. If Miami beats them, it’ll be a 7-5 year for them and they’ll be the team everyone is talking about at the end of the season as the biggest disappointment, just like Miami was last year. I see so many similarities it’s crazy.

2019 gators = 2018 hurricanes.

Coming off a good, unexpected season where there were nice wins but also very concerning losses or coin flip wins. Now a full off-season of everyone telling them how great they are and a top 10 preseason ranking.

Not every team climbs and improves from year to year. There is no rule that says this year has to be better than last year. UF will fall flat on their faces this season. If Miami beats them, it’ll be a 7-5 year for them and they’ll be the team everyone is talking about at the end of the season as the biggest disappointment, just like Miami was last year. I see so many similarities it’s crazy.

Big difference is Mullen ain't Richt. If we ran a competent offense last year, we win a couple more games.

I don't expect them to be nearly as bad on offense as we were.

Advertisement

Bama absolutely does this w their spring games.

Florida's Spring game last year was 35-30 and they raved about their QBs after the game. This year it was 60-35. Mullen tried showcasing the offense last year and they didn't exactly set the college football world on fire offensively when it actually counted.

Advertisement
Back