Two games that could make or break the season

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
At Wake Forest
Bye
UNC at home
At Wake will be a real test for this team, if they can stick together and persevere it could really help them mentally.
Home for UNC after a bye week could determine who wins the division and will be a good measuring stick for us.
If we go 2-0 in those games it could easily give this team a real shot of confidence and motivate them to preform well through the rest of the season. 1-1 depending on who we lose to will effect us different ways, a loss at wake would be a blow to the team’s psyche, but would keep us in the race in our division. A loss to UNC could keep us from winning the division and really take the energy out of this team. 0-2 would probably get Manny fired because after these games we have the next 4 out of 5 games on the road with FSU in there and we have seen how easy it is for our team to quit recently. The rah-rah side of me thinks we could go 11-1 and winning at Wake and home against UNC and dropping some random game. The realistic side of me thinks we drop the Wake game and hopefully it kicks the team in the *** and helps us beat UNC and hopefully we can win our division with 2 or 3 conference losses, just not to FSU. What do you think?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
all games will all be tough, CMD crashed and burned badly last year 3 losses as a double digit favorite a mail it in effort vs. La.Tech in bowl game. CMD needs to have team ready to compete each week for 60 minutes, tall task for CMD and team.Biggest issue CMD must change is culture which is awful at the moment.... to many HC changes and player entitlement has led to a ME attitude with players as in a couple of years on South Beach then on to NFL riches...... how did that work out for Garvin who floated thru JR season,,,, tape don't lie
If they show up prepared to play every game and compete it will be a successful season.... not drinking CMD's kool aid
8 wins if they are prepared is low water mark
FWIW CMD was ranked #58 out of 65 coaches big issue on sidelines

Huh? Diaz and team just finished 6-7...every game will tough until players and coaches prove otherwise. It first starts with commitment to excellence. Yes, I'm borrowing the canned line from the great Al Davis. Commit to your job. Trust your teammates. Believe in your coaches. Eliminate distractions both internal and external. Work harder than the previous day.

T-rust
E-ffort
A-chieve
M-otivate

Advertisement
Every game will make or break the season.

Until proven otherwise, each contest is a real risk of earning the L.

Grim but correct. Almost every game last season could have gone one way or the other if not for a handful of plays. I want to assume with steadier leadership on offense in the huddle and the sideline it should improve. Until I see it actually happening, I have to assume each game will be a battle.

Advertisement
At Wake Forest
Bye
UNC at home
At Wake will be a real test for this team, if they can stick together and persevere it could really help them mentally.
Home for UNC after a bye week could determine who wins the division and will be a good measuring stick for us.
If we go 2-0 in those games it could easily give this team a real shot of confidence and motivate them to preform well through the rest of the season. 1-1 depending on who we lose to will effect us different ways, a loss at wake would be a blow to the team’s psyche, but would keep us in the race in our division. A loss to UNC could keep us from winning the division and really take the energy out of this team. 0-2 would probably get Manny fired because after these games we have the next 4 out of 5 games on the road with FSU in there and we have seen how easy it is for our team to quit recently. The rah-rah side of me thinks we could go 11-1 and winning at Wake and home against UNC and dropping some random game. The realistic side of me thinks we drop the Wake game and hopefully it kicks the team in the *** and helps us beat UNC and hopefully we can win our division with 2 or 3 conference losses, just not to FSU. What do you think?

Wake Forest on a Friday night is a quirky venue—as we Chestnut Hill a few years ago under same circumstances.

Virginia Tech in Blacksburg worries me more than North Carolina at home. Lane Stadium will be rocking that night.

Advertisement
Back