Two Friday thoughts

Advertisement
2 thoughts...2 enormous LOLs.

I will never root for FSU, ever...

If Toledo worries you then hand over your Cane card now...

I guess you only watched games between 2000-2002. BYU in 1990, ECU in 98, UNC in 03...the list goes on. Talent in college isn't the only determining factor. I'm trying to point out that we've let FSU beat us more than once the last couple of years and Toledo is probably the 3rd or 4th best team we will face.

they're better than Ark State & BCC.

Last edited:
I'm sure this will **** people off:

1. I want FSU to beat Bama, so we go into the game playing the #1 team. Every year I want FSU to be undefeated going into the Miami game, so the victory will be that much sweeter. After they play us, they can lose every game they play.
2. Toledo game scares the crap out of me. Win or lose against FSU, it is a let down alert, and Toledo is no push over. They are the second best group of five school, behind, USF, with one of the hottest names in coaching. They are not App. State. This is a ranked team. If we show the maturity to win this game, we should rfair well the rest of the way.

FSU has beaten us more than once in the last seven years and it needs to stop!

Rooting for FSU to lose every game after playing Miami would diminish the victory over them so what's the point? They can lose all their games for all I care. When FSU plays the Turds, somehow I would wish for both of them to lose.

Anyone who roots for F$U is a closet Seminole fan.
There is no reason to ever root for them. Even in 2000/2001 I felt a bit dirty rooting for them to beat OU so we might get an AP National Championship.

Also, people keep on saying they want F$U to win against Bama but they don't really give proper logic as to how it will happen.
It is like wishing a river was filled with chocolate.You may like it to happen but it probably won't.

Advertisement
I know Canes fan should NEVER, EVER cheer for FSU but a FSU win actually benefits us if we can beat them. 1) tired of this SEC hype.. Would die instantly if FSU beat Bama. ACC would get all the attention and we won't have to search all over the **** play to find the Canes game. 2) If FSU beat Alabama then would FSU is instantly thrown into the NCG picture. Us beating them with a career backup or true freshman QB would hurt them almost as bad. So, so bad. OMG, can you imagine the pain? Thinking they'll go undefeated after beating Bama only for them to lose 2 weeks after to us, who they've beaten 7 straight time, at home against a career backup or a true freshman QB. That would hurt as bad as losing 7 straight to us. 3) They'd be ranked #1 and we'd probably be ranked #15th so a win would put us into the top 6 or 7, maybe top 5, with only ND and VT (both at home) in our way of going undefeated. Thats how you make noise. REAL NOISE.

Last edited:
You really think a loss is going to make the media shut up about the SEC?
I stopped reading after that.

1. I want FSU to beat Bama, so we go into the game playing the #1 team. Every year I want FSU to be undefeated going into the Miami game, so the victory will be that much sweeter. After they play us, they can lose every game they play.
2. Toledo game scares the crap out of me. Win or lose against FSU, it is a let down alert, and Toledo is no push over. They are the second best group of five school, behind, USF, with one of the hottest names in coaching. They are not App. State. This is a ranked team. If we show the maturity to win this game, we should rfair well the rest of the way.

This again? FSU winning a game that big just helps FSU. It puts them on spotlight to every recruit for winning a prime time game against Bama. We need them to crash and burn at every opportunity.

Two good points... that has me split... but I will have to lean on the point that a win against Bama... will improve their recruiting against us. I vote FSU is 1-2 after our game.

Advertisement
This is FSU we're talking about.

If they win, the media will suck them off.

If they lose -- 100 - 0 --, the media will STILL suck them off. In fact, I doubt their ranking drops much at all with a defeat and they'll still be ranked in the Top 10 when we see them.

The national media has ALWAYS loved FSU. ALWAYS.

So with that said, I hope (and expect) Bama to give it to them with no Vaseline.

I know Canes fan should NEVER, EVER cheer for FSU but a FSU win actually benefits us if we can beat them. 1) tired of this SEC hype.. Would die instantly if FSU beat Bama. ACC would get all the attention and we won't have to search all over the **** play to find the Canes game. 2) If FSU beat Alabama then would FSU is instantly thrown into the NCG picture. Us beating them with a career backup or true freshman QB would hurt them almost as bad. So, so bad. OMG, can you imagine the pain? Thinking they'll go undefeated after beating Bama only for them to lose 2 weeks after to us, who they've beaten 7 straight time, at home against a career backup or a true freshman QB. That would hurt as bad as losing 7 straight to us. 3) They'd be ranked #1 and we'd probably be ranked #15th so a win would put us into the top 6 or 7, maybe top 5, with only ND and VT (both at home) in our way of going undefeated. Thats how you make noise. REAL NOISE.

yeah, I get all that but *****'em. WE take care of business MIAMI > sec.

No real cane should ever root for Fsu, UF, ND or Taint.

Even when UF/Fsu play I root for a huge asteroid to hit the field.

Advertisement

I've often thought the same thing about wanting FSU staying undefeated until we play them...and then as soon as I see any them on tv every bone in my body wants them to get their *** beat...I am functionally incapable of hoping anything good happens for them at anytime..A tornado could destroy Tallahassee and all their homes the night before the game, and I would still want the damage on the field the next day to be worse than the storm...I can't fight it, it's innate

Advertisement
OP can you stop thinking so much? It smells putrid in here

I don't understand the delusions of this fan base...you'd rather beat a 1 loss FSU team vs. an undefeated team? Makes zero sense. Not saying you wearing garnet and gold down the street, but it benefits our program to play the #1 team.

Also, don't mention the recruiting impact. FSU under Jimbo has made it clear that he wants to have a national recruiting footprint, not just Florida. DMoney even called it on the podcast that it will end up biting them in the ***.

Advertisement
Back