Two differences between Malik and Perry

Advertisement
It was FIU. Your post finishes like a store bought cheerleading card.
perry threw 22 more passes than malik and was still more accurate at the end of the day. for his career, rosier has had exactly 2 games throwing 10+ passes with a higher completion percentage than kosi had in his first real action.

I noticed perry’s eyes arent closed on the sideline like he is sleeping. Also Perry doesnt throw from a baseball wind up to then deliver an ephuss

Last edited:
Advertisement
Said it when reviewing highschool film of our qbs, both Perry and Williams excel at throwing on the run on film

Craziest thing about that play, was that outside shoulder drop and escapability. When I was watching, mind process was like "Ah **** another sack, ouuu alright, oh nooooo dammm."
I was so used to Rosier on that play on getting held up by an arm or running for two yards.
That play showed me that the floor of the Miami program has officially been raised, where these 10 win seasons are gonna be a regular thing.

Really just wished the oline could pass protect better, have seen many young qbs broken because Oline cant block. What sucks is recruiting young olineman wont help as that is a position they need time to mature, you dont want to depend on young olineman. But we lack an even one lockdown tackle it seems.

A few notes:

Perry puts the ball on target a lot better, allowing our skill guys to get more yardage. Rosier is not good at this

He keeps his head up better while scrambling

The skinny posts and TE seam (Brevin TD) Rosier could not even make. These throws the Perry made I have been starving for and need more of.

Side note, glad to see Homer get going. Where are the guys calling him a JAG?

Although not perfect (4th and 2 call) Richt did a nice job mixing up his play calling. I want more TE screens to our freshman and skinny posts to Cager and AR82.

It might actually be true that Richt is opening up the playbook with having a competent QB.

Looking forward to Thursday

Yeah, was a bit premature to call Homer out. Dallas is better when the play breaks down, but when the OL does there job Homer does his.

Is Richt opening the playbook or is Perry just trying the throws Rosier wouldn't? Just a thought.

Very important difference to me I do not see mentioned here. Perry in the game opened up the running game. Yes I realize it was FIU but just look.back to Sav St. They were a FCS school.that did not even have a full FCS roster because they are going down to div 2 next year. They stacked the box against the run because of no respect for the passing game. With Perry teams.will no longer be able to do that and my guess is the running game will look much better going forward simply because teams will have to respect our passing game.

Advertisement
Really just wished the oline could pass protect better, have seen many young qbs broken because Oline cant block. What sucks is recruiting young olineman wont help as that is a position they need time to mature, you dont want to depend on young olineman. But we lack an even one lockdown tackle it seems.

In most cases what you’re saying is true but Darnell Wright and Evan Neal are definitely plug and play guys. If we land them our O-Line IMMEDIATELY gets SIGNIFICANTLY better.

I don't know how this will all play out but two major differences that I really like.

1. Perry has some major zip on his ball.
2. Perry continues looking downfield when he is scrambling.

The lack of zip on his passes is something that has always driven me nuts about Rosier. It was a huge issue in the LSU game. He'd have someone wide open, but by the time that floaty, weak pass reached a receiver, there'd be a DB there ready to nail the guy.

Is Richt opening the playbook or is Perry just trying the throws Rosier wouldn't? Just a thought.

Def the latter IMO. I saw him go for guys who were deeper in his progression on a lot of plays...he was constantly going through his options. He wasn't perfect, but I don't recall seeing Rosier do that very often. That's the constant eyes downfield thing that the OP was talking about.

Yeah, was a bit premature to call Homer out. Dallas is better when the play breaks down, but when the OL does there job Homer does his.

I wondered the same thing. In 2018 there has been a dozen plays a game where to the average fan we can plainly see a open man but Rosier forces it somewhere else or scrambles.

Advertisement
A few notes:

Perry puts the ball on target a lot better, allowing our skill guys to get more yardage. Rosier is not good at this

He keeps his head up better while scrambling

The skinny posts and TE seam (Brevin TD) Rosier could not even make. These throws the Perry made I have been starving for and need more of.

Side note, glad to see Homer get going. Where are the guys calling him a JAG?

Although not perfect (4th and 2 call) Richt did a nice job mixing up his play calling. I want more TE screens to our freshman and skinny posts to Cager and AR82.

It might actually be true that Richt is opening up the playbook with having a competent QB.

Looking forward to Thursday

While I am all for the change and do agree our offense looked different with Perry and a few throws were perfect I am trying to temper expectations. If rosier threw that pic we would all call for his benching, if rosier missed a wide open cam Davis on that wheel route. Ditto. His one post to Harley where Harley made a great catch, that’s a pic with a better defender. He started 12-13 but finished 5-12. We also rushed for over 250 yards and it seems whenever we do that Richts offense looks ten times better.

Advertisement
More times than not the players will catch short passes and have time to secure it and do something. Thats how TEs make their living. Brevin Jordan is a weapon. He should be getting games like yesterday more often. And ain't it funny that before the mass subs the D was balling. Bunch of long drives to keep them fresh.

I don't know how this will all play out but two major differences that I really like.

1. Perry has some major zip on his ball.
2. Perry continues looking downfield when he is scrambling.
That 2nd point is huge. Perry will probably take more sacks than Malik but the fact that he continues to look down the field is promising. Malik bailing at any sign of trouble was frustrating to watch.

Advertisement
Back