Two differences between Malik and Perry

Advertisement
And Perry can still throw a nice ball on the run - like the 2nd TD to Cager.

Perry throw a tight and fast spiral. Doesn't hang the ball. His interception was just a dumb mistake. Tried to throw across his body 40+ yards down field while scrambling.

Advertisement
We all know that he has the talent it was more of the mental, maturity, and grasping the playbook that were his issues.
Props to him for stepping up and leading this team to victory.

Last edited:
The difference I see in their scrambling is that Perry keeps the ball in his throwing hand. Rosier tucks and runs in his left hand which means he is automatically committed to running. Perry wants to throw it. Both his passes to cager are something we would never see from Rosier.

A few notes:

Perry puts the ball on target a lot better, allowing our skill guys to get more yardage. Rosier is not good at this

He keeps his head up better while scrambling

The skinny posts and TE seam (Brevin TD) Rosier could not even make. These throws the Perry made I have been starving for and need more of.

Side note, glad to see Homer get going. Where are the guys calling him a JAG?

Although not perfect (4th and 2 call) Richt did a nice job mixing up his play calling. I want more TE screens to our freshman and skinny posts to Cager and AR82.

It might actually be true that Richt is opening up the playbook with having a competent QB.

Looking forward to Thursday

Advertisement
We all know that he has the talent it was more of the mental, maturity, and grasping the playbook that were his issues.
Props to him for stepping up and leading this team to victory.
It was FIU. Your post finishes like a store bought cheerleading card.

Advertisement
Perry is a legit D1 prospect with huge upside.

Rosier wasn't, but we had to make it work.

No comparison really. One you're trying to see how high the ceiling is, the other you're trying to keep the floor from being too low.

Just seeing Brevin & Cager's 2nd TD where NP had touch on his throws was so refreshing. #12 was miserable to watch. Yesterday was actually enjoyable. Hopefully we turn the page on the Maweak era. After the world now saw what NP can do if he goes back to #12 thats crazy. That's the type of shït you loose locker rooms over.

Advertisement
I don't know how this will all play out but two major differences that I really like.

1. Perry has some major zip on his ball.
2. Perry continues looking downfield when he is scrambling.

The throw to Harley over the middle of the field in the 2nd quarter is the throw that sealed it for me. The velocity on his balls are something else.

Perry throws the bubble slightly ahead of the receiver which allows him to make the catch and start running in one motion. Rosier could not throw a correct bubble to save his life. His throws were always low or behind the receiver causing them to stop, adjust to make the catch and then start running again. Ball placement was night and day difference.

Perry throws the bubble slightly ahead of the receiver which allows him to make the catch and start running in one motion. Rosier could not throw a correct bubble to save his life. His throws were always low or behind the receiver causing them to stop, adjust to make the catch and then start running again. Ball placement was night and day difference.

As many had said, Rosier was never a major prospect and was playing beyond what anyone even thought he was capable of.

Perry was a top prospect. And that graphic they showed of the top 4 dual threat guys from his class speaks volume. When you see what each of those guys is doing, so it was time.

Perry is the point guard this team needs to distribute the ball to the playmakers in positions where they can do something with it.

Even Andre Ware was impressed with Perry’s touch and accuracy. Speaking to what you mentioned, on that swing pass to Dallas he puts the ball in front of him to he can continue his forward motion.

Advertisement
Back