Two areas to fully trust Mario in

THE RELENTLESS PERSUIT OF EXCELLENCE.

Attachments

• COACH CRISTOBAL.jpg
    COACH CRISTOBAL.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
All Mario has to do to take the next step is get the **** out of the way of hid coordinators. He seems to have that level of trust in Guidry but not Dawson. Resist the urge to mettle and watch out. TVD's failures had a big impact on the offensive direction for the 2nd half of the year but a narrative exists and it's Mario's responsibility to change it with on field results. The talent acquisition is getting there. We now have a legit qb and the trenches, linebacker room has been completely retooled. Rb, wr, and TE are solid albeit missing a gamechanger in those rooms but pretty solid. The only area left subpar is the secondary.

Stack this Portal QB win with the OL haul year one and DL haul year two while menstruating canes fans cried about missing all of the "whales" for 6 months or so- everyone needs to shut the **** up about recruiting moving forward. ***** about taking knees and bro ball but talent acquisition is elite.

and Bro ball just won the NC

larry david television GIF

Game management is something that Mario needs to address. I hear all the talk about our offense but let’s look on how we were play calling and scoring before our qb took a **** that offense was not the same Mario offense we’ve always seen. While yes of course everyone would like a better offense it’s a step in the right direction. That’s what you got to look for in our situation we have been in keep moving forward

We’ll see what Mario does when he assembles his roster..we don’t know if it means he’ll get us to the mountain top..but we don’t get to the mountain top with out it. Talent acquisition will never be an issue.

if Mario doesn’t win after assembling an elite roster it doesn’t mean Miami CANT win..but it proves even with 20 years of mediocrity, Miami can still recruit & attract championship caliber talent..it might not be Mario who gets atop the mountain top..but he’s showing if it’s run right, we can attract the talent needed at an elite level..that the program is bought in to do that..Coaches around the nation, too coaches, will pay attention to that..fellas just enjoy the process
It was always a long process. That’s from the horses mouth. I always felt let him get the roster that is needed to win at a big level. It’s still not there for next year (championship level). It’ll take 3+ years to get to the Georgia/OSU type level). Especially from a depth standpoint. After next year let’s let the jury decide. If we win 10 games next year. In the ACC championship. Or get CFP (now 12 so much easier). The past two years are mute and it was “apart of the process”. Roster is where it needs to be and the x and O need to be figured out.

Riley is X and O guy. Put up big numbers. Had a generational QB prospect. Heisman winner. And had the same regular season record as US…. Mario was gonna do it with roster and talent. That’s a process that takes a few years.

Now, if he fails to reach those goals and only wins 8 games ( excluding catastrophic injuries) and we blunder expected Ws there is plenty of cause for serious concern. He won at Oregon. And will probably have more talent than he had there after 2 full cycles.

Will be a fun year

Advertisement
We all know my gripes with Mario on gameday. His resume speaks for its self. His game management is frustrating and has been an issue going back years. Same with his offenses. Those areas are more than fair to be critical of the guy. Even the biggest homer would agree. That said the areas where I’ll continue to blindly follow him is roster management and recruiting. He’s earned that.

The whole Ward soap opera got frustrating with all the up’s and down‘s. It dragged out much longer than I’d ever have expected. I’m even on record saying I would have moved on after the first week. To his credit he held his cards close and refused to fold. His hard head is his biggest strength and his biggest weakness.

During the process I kept saying i’d wait until it’s over before giving my take. I remained confident he’d get a quality qb ( receipts below ) . It ‘s year three and anyone with sense knew he’d go all out for his qb.

I think some here should learn to do the same rather than stressing for no reason. Imo he deserves better on that front.
I trust Barry Jackson. Sorry Cribby. **** autocorrect

Recruiting sure, roster management, no. He went through last year without addressing the QB room situation. We saw what happened when **** hit the fan. He hasn’t addressed the CB room. It’s similar to the QB room of last year. You’re one guy away from disaster. You could say the same about Safety. Zero proven talent, Also true of the DT room. Hopefully the transfers this year are better than the ones from last year.

Game management is something that Mario needs to address. I hear all the talk about our offense but let’s look on how we were play calling and scoring before our qb took a **** that offense was not the same Mario offense we’ve always seen. While yes of course everyone would like a better offense it’s a step in the right direction. That’s what you got to look for in our situation we have been in keep moving forward
Before we even go to the point we had to take a knee in the GT game , with about 2-4 minutes left in the game with a running clock TVD was breaking the huddle at like 30 or more seconds and hiking the ball with like 15-20 seconds still on the play clock it was bonkers

Advertisement
I haven't been concerned with talent acquisition since Coker's last years basically and I saw it didn't win you games. Talent has never been the problem, it's what you do with it. We haven't had national championship aspirational talent, but we've consistently had better talent than our records indicate.

It why I remain pretty even keel when we land someone or don't. That day doesn't matter, it's the days, months, and years that follow.

I’m not resting easy until he is ENROLLED. With the way this recruitment has gone.

I’m happy but not resting easy
I think it’s a safe bet he’s coming. If he flip flops again, it will reflect poorly in his draft interviews as he’ll come across as indecisive and selfish.

Yoyo, I ain't mad at ya.

I just want to point out, it is easy for people (NOT talking about you specifically) to say "I was wrong" and "I'll eat crow" after the fact.

It is more challenging, and less common, for people to hold their emotions at bay for a few days or weeks, and exhibit more cautious patience as the process plays out.

Again, even the biggest insiders and moistest slurpers had concerns over the past month. I've got the texts to prove it.

That is all. I've simply been troubled to see all the scathing name-calling directed at Mario and Cam and Reese during this QB recruitment. I'm bothered by knee-jerk hot-take absolutism when it comes to simple discussions.

Nobody has said "never be critical". But in a complicated recruitment, there is a lot going on behind the scenes that cannot be conveyed in real time.

Recruiting is not for the faint of heart. We have to be prepared to ride the rollercoaster.

Go Canes!
I will withhold any QB killer commentary from now on (pending the results of Cam Ward this season).

However, I still reserve my right to be critical of his:
Gameday management
Lack of adaptable/dynamic/multiple offense.

But will save all that for another day 😁.

Advertisement
My Top 5 list of Mario Qualities:

1. Considers it his life mission to make Miami great
2. Relentless 24x7 melee trench warrior
3. Elite Recruiting
4. Very good evaluation -- and where he gets it wrong, he is always trading up
5. All of the above mean the smart money backs his plays

I’d love to understand where this notion of Mario interfering with coordinators comes from.

There is a reason Dawson didn’t make it at Kentucky and why he had success at Houston (Holgerson). Dawson is hopefully evolving and improving
He was thrown under the bus at Kentucky. Patrick Towles was awful. Not like Kentucky's offense was good after he left. Stephen Johnson was at best mediocre.

I'd like to see what Dawson will do with a quarterback he has confidence in. There was no concern the first 4 games. It changed once TVD started to imploded. He was very limited with Williams. Same with Brown which was unfair because that kid did not take a live snap all year and our line was a shell of what it was during the season

Advertisement
"What are the odds the Canes win the title this season?"
I'd say about one in a million...
"So you're saying THERES A CHANCE!!!"
Canes were 20,000 to 1 as of one week ago. I placed a $40 bet for ***** and giggles (8K). I'd suspect it moves to around 2,000 to 4,000 range in the next few days..

UGA is +375
Fspoo + 1800
Gaytor + 15000

My Top 5 complaints against Mario:
1. Meddles in the offense (knees and all)
2. Defaults to Brofense when in doubt
3. Plays blockers over playmakers
4. His portal evals are significantly less robust than his HS evals
5. IDGAF that he's not taking up a scholarship, you don't start nephew in the bowl game

I don't think 1-4 entirely go away even with Ward and the improved talent across the board. I think he can't help himself. But I do think they'll get less pronounced over time as we start winning and he develops more experience-based trust in Dawson and his other coaches.... Zo and the recruiting staff need to upgrade their portal game. No more Roberts, Lichtensteins, Gores and Kirks.

Fans need to trust and verify like they would anything else. Mario did an incredible job of closing.

If there was no back and forth related to recruiting ups and downs the board wouldn’t exist. Fans would simply wait for the alert to pop on the screen and move on with their lives.

“Never” is the opposite of “always” — saying never doubt or always criticize is unreasonable.

Discussion happens recruit by recruit. Win some and lose some. “Miami feels good here” about Stone, doesn’t mean people can’t call that a win or a loss, while at the same time acknowledging Mario won’t rest to win that battle or the next one… its the inability to take an L or celebrate a W without being complete ***** that creates the polarizing board dynamics…

People hate polarizing takes, but then add “if Mario doesn’t win here, no one will” …

Message boards get clicks, insiders get their followers and attention and fans support, critique and shoot the **** about their programs day by day, up and down….

Preview: there will be people that sell kool aid in the spring, and there will be those that buy extra and others that say “fool me 20 straight times, nah man, I’ll hit the bar instead”…

Get ready… and Just Win

My Top 5 list of Mario Qualities:

1. Considers it his life mission to make Miami great
2. Relentless 24x7 melee trench warrior
3. Elite Recruiting
4. Very good evaluation -- and where he gets it wrong, he is always trading up
5. All of the above mean the smart money backs his plays
Spot on.

Here is an example of Mario’s ability to identify top talent. As I recall, Lew was initially a 3 star but Mario and Mirabal treated him like a 5 star.

…that’s a frosh against SEC DTs…not too shabby.

Advertisement
Back