Two areas to fully trust Mario in

I always say I'll never get too up or down with recruiting especially with Mario at the helm. However, it did get frustrating when the dominoes started falling I felt like he should have went with Dawson's choice but that'll be my last time doubting him lol

Advertisement
At the end of the day, it’s about talent. Mario is relentless and has identified/fixed most roster shortcomings. Also shown a willingness to quickly deal with staff issues. When things are close to in synch, he hopefully won’t have to be Knute Rockne on the sidelines.

We all know my gripes with Mario on gameday. His resume speaks for its self. His game management is frustrating and has been an issue going back years. Same with his offenses. Those areas are more than fair to be critical of the guy. Even the biggest homer would agree. That said the areas where I’ll continue to blindly follow him is roster management and recruiting. He’s earned that.

The whole Ward soap opera got frustrating with all the up’s and down‘s. It dragged out much longer than I’d ever have expected. I’m even on record saying I would have moved on after the first week. To his credit he held his cards close and refused to fold. His hard head is his biggest strength and his biggest weakness.

During the process I kept saying i’d wait until it’s over before giving my take. I remained confident he’d get a quality qb ( receipts below ) . It ‘s year three and anyone with sense knew he’d go all out for his qb.

I think some here should learn to do the same rather than stressing for no reason. Imo he deserves better on that front.
"His hard head is his biggest strength and his biggest weakness."

This ⬆️

Advertisement
I learned my lesson, I never doubted Mario's recruiting except for the QB position. That's gone now.

I overreacted and I'm ready to get the **** I deserve for this month of incessant moping.
I mean, let's be real, if they don't land a top WR from the portal you'll probably be right back here saying that no WR worth a **** wants to play in Mario's offense

Advertisement
@Cribby and @TheOriginalCane - 2 of the best posts lately.

1. Mario is top notch for recruiting and roster management. Never doubt him and anyone thinks this guy doesn’t work hard or isn’t grinding like a mad man to make this program great is crazy. Totally agree game day needs improvement but I’ll say one thing our team never quits. Patience is a virtue sometimes and this whole new era of college football needs a bit more of that but ultimately Mario should never be counted out.

2. Recruiting is not for the faint of heart and the scathing name calling and knee jerk reactions need to stop. People need to grow up and it’s a process and things take time. Not to mention we only get snip it’s of what’s going on. There’s a lot more behind the scenes that happens, but one thing is certain Mario will never not go down without a fight and he is very calculated on recruiting and roster management. This guy for all his faults I argue has many more positives and I’d take that all day long.
But with some posters, that’s their thing.
That’s who they are and I don’t get it.
Unfortunately, there’s no changing that.

We all know my gripes with Mario on gameday. His resume speaks for its self. His game management is frustrating and has been an issue going back years. Same with his offenses. Those areas are more than fair to be critical of the guy. Even the biggest homer would agree. That said the areas where I’ll continue to blindly follow him is roster management and recruiting. He’s earned that.

The whole Ward soap opera got frustrating with all the up’s and down‘s. It dragged out much longer than I’d ever have expected. I’m even on record saying I would have moved on after the first week. To his credit he held his cards close and refused to fold. His hard head is his biggest strength and his biggest weakness.

During the process I kept saying i’d wait until it’s over before giving my take. I remained confident he’d get a quality qb ( receipts below ) . It ‘s year three and anyone with sense knew he’d go all out for his qb.

I think some here should learn to do the same rather than stressing for no reason. Imo he deserves better on that front.
So Cribby, do I remember correctly that you were going to share a story or details concerning the recruitment of Ward? Something that's not there or some funny details.......just cannot remember the context. Thanks for all that you do for all of us Canes fans out there.

Can he please hire a true assistant coach to help with game management, Timeouts etc…

My gripe with fans is the polarizing opinion and how it changes from day to day. In the summer the complaining on recruiting and DL line specifically. Then it turns around. The the portal and QB situation. It’s like the same dance and show all year and now 2+ years running. “Mario can’t get WR, can’t get QB” “He can’t recruit DL”

I understand and agree on the Game-day issues and improvements he needs. But the “fly the banner” “I was never a fan of him” is unnecessary. I always have felt and still do, if Mario can’t win here, we will never win again.

That man will stop at nothing and do whatever he can to make sure the roster, talent, and development is what it should be. Let’s hope that maybe age and experience he learns to lean on others with the X and O’s stuff. HC that call plays don’t win NC. CEO’s of well oiled teams/organizations do.
We’ll see what Mario does when he assembles his roster..we don’t know if it means he’ll get us to the mountain top..but we don’t get to the mountain top with out it. Talent acquisition will never be an issue.

if Mario doesn’t win after assembling an elite roster it doesn’t mean Miami CANT win..but it proves even with 20 years of mediocrity, Miami can still recruit & attract championship caliber talent..it might not be Mario who gets atop the mountain top..but he’s showing if it’s run right, we can attract the talent needed at an elite level..that the program is bought in to do that..Coaches around the nation, too coaches, will pay attention to that..fellas just enjoy the process

Advertisement
Mario’s relentlessness is commendable.

Episode 8 Money GIF by The Simpsons

Advertisement
I mean, let's be real, if they don't land a top WR from the portal you'll probably be right back here saying that no WR worth a **** wants to play in Mario's offense
No, I always thought that the portal WR recruiting was directly linked to the QBs. We don’t have that problem anymore, I expect many WRs to be interested in Miami simply because of Ward.

Also I reserve myself the possibility to be critical when/if there is the reason. As you all should.

Having said that hopefully by the start of the season you will be banned again and I won’t have to deal with your bi-polar porsts anymore.

Now just get out of your coordinators ways and let them cook
THIS!

Mario, just recruit and be the face of the program. Continue to bring in the horses and leave the game day prep/management to your coordinators.

Just give them the talent to work with and get out of their way!

I'm just more impressed with the fact that in one of your posts, you got the word **** in without it, getting crossed out.
That's what I call good work

Advertisement
Back