TVDs lack of awareness in a nutshell

TVD is a good quarterback. He’s not incredible. He has flaws but he’s generally done a good job when healthy. You can comb through Caleb Williams’ film and find plays where he didn’t see a wide open receiver and he’s going to be the first pick in the draft. It happens. The issue is when he was hurt, we had no choice but to keep playing him because we have nothing else. Our coaches have not recruited the position well and haven’t taken a transfer. For a guy who supposedly isn’t good, our team relies on him to win games for us a lot. If he’s not playing well, our entire offense struggles to score points at all.
That’s it. Exactly.

Advertisement
His struggle to stay healthy was also not his doing. Last year he had no shot behind that OL.
This year, between practice and getting drilled making a huge throw at UNC, he took some shots. Not sure anyone would have gotten up from that hit at UNC and come back to play like he did...
Did he get hit a bunch at practice?

That play was TVD in a nutshell. It happened the next play two, sitting in the endzone you could see plays develop. They ran a TE cross where both linebackers ran into McCormick in the middle of the endzone (and I mean like a loud pop that was audible) and Williams was wide open. TVD was locked in on George the whole play and faded to his right to wait for him to come open and attempt a pass. It was an easy 6 otherwise had he just scanned from the pocket. He has all the physical tools, but he lacks the full set of intangibles.

Advertisement
TVD also dropped an absolute dime in the bucket to George in the back of the end zone that he dropped that should have been a TD. Should probably mention that throw too. He has played pretty well the last 2 weeks.

That was not a dime it was a good pass but if George did not have to check for his feet in the back of the end zone and he could keep running he catches that pass with ease....he just ran out of real state.

There is a problem with this line of thinking. In a one score game, which almost all of our games were. Those plays he's missing are the difference between winning and losing. People on this board talk about Mario and Dawson killing the offense in almost every post. With decent qb play our record would be 10-2 or 9-3 at worst.
💎💎💎💎💎

Advertisement
That was not a dime it was a good pass but if George did not have to check for his feet in the back of the end zone and he could keep running he catches that pass with ease....he just ran out of real state.
lol you’re a clown. It’s the only place it could be put that the defender had no play on it and it hit George directly in the hands. Theres plenty of other things to complain about with TVD, but that was a dime.

He used his feet this game. That was the biggest difference. He turned a couple of drive killing sacks into 3 yard gains. We were screaming for that all year. I can only assume health was a factor in why he just did that yesterday.

Advertisement
He used his feet this game. That was the biggest difference. He turned a couple of drive killing sacks into 3 yard gains. We were screaming for that all year. I can only assume health was a factor in why he just did that yesterday.
He also used his legs in the first 5 games. He got drilled at UNC running and throwing. After that, he was immobile due to the leg and other injuries.

colbie has to be so frustrated in how often he's missed

he was also running free down the middle earlier and Tyler missed him

lol you’re a clown. It’s the only place it could be put that the defender had no play on it and it hit George directly in the hands. Theres plenty of other things to complain about with TVD, but that was a dime.

Yo momma a clown....I never said it wasn't a good pass I said it was not a dime. If you go back and look at the play he would have been out of bounce if he extended for the pass.

Advertisement
Yo momma a clown....I never said it wasn't a good pass I said it was not a dime. If you go back and look at the play he would have been out of bounce if he extended for the pass.
IMG_7940.jpeg
IMG_7942.png

Lol just stop. Which angle you want? Hits him right in his hands with plenty of room to get his feet in. Both feet too.

View attachment 267674View attachment 267675
Lol just stop. Which angle you want? Hits him right in his hands with plenty of room to get his feet in. Both feet too.
Yeah the ball hasn't hit his hands yet and a guy diving at his back foot. Good story with at screen shot, but things in motion tends to stay in motion....you know that whole energy theory!!

Advertisement
Back