TVD

Advertisement
I don’t have the stomach to discuss what happened yesterday so I’m not going to just talk about the same things

To me yesterday was more proof that TVD is the guy

It’s impossible to write up a scenario that could have been worse for him

Bad reads. Missed throws. Both at the same time. We blinked and on the road against FSU the game was basically over

But things just don’t bother this kid

He didn’t let an epically horrifying first quarter snowball and he just kept letting it rip

So in some ways it was his worst game, but as far as the rest of his career goes, I think this may have been the most impressed I’ve been with him

I’m a huge Garcia fan but I don’t see this kid ever letting go of the job

I’m just looking for something here….thanks for listening
TVD gets a bit too greedy at times. It’s ok to check down sometimes but that comes with experience. He’ll be ok with the next staff. Hopefully they’ll get him in rhythm earlier in the game. Some like Herman, Kiffin, or Freeze would get him to be top 5 pick.

Kids a leader..he showed that on the field and on the sidelines….been a while since we’ve had a leader like this kid is.

I wish we had several more just like him…..
u saw him on the sidelines talking to his offense!! Major Major plus!! I think he's won the job for next yr if Lashlee stays, otherwise it's up for grabs with new offense coordinator

The thing that stands out the most to me about tvd is he keeps his eyes downfield and has a quick release with pressure in his face. On several red zone touchdowns this year I fully expect him to simply fold and take a sack like every other qb has for the last decade and he somehow finds a man. It’s a small thing that has and will when games just like all the small things elsewhere that lose them for us.

Advertisement
I hate to use the generic “it factor” thing but whatever it is, he’s got it

He’s got the mental toughness
One of the reasons I was quick to defend him after the UVA and UNC games.

In order to be an effective QB you have to be an alpha between your own ears regardless of your exterior demeanor. You can have all the physical tools but if you doubt yourself, or if you think your coaches or teammates doubt you, you'll likely fail.

Forget about knowing the playbook, making pre-snap reads, making sure everyone is lined up correctly, being cognizant of down and distance, the playclock, crowd noise etc. The second you let doubt creep into your mind you're ****ed.

You're correct, he definitely seems to have "it". That doesn't mean he's immune to having a bad half or making an incorrect read, but it tells me he's capable of shaking it off and bouncing back the very next play. That is an invaluable trait to have in a QB.

Some of the throws he made in the 2nd half after being just about irrelevant in the first half were big boy throws. You don't come back like that unless you're a mental badass.

/soapbox. It's been a long time since we've had hope at the QB position, and TVD was largely written off in favor of Garcia, who I'm also very high on (and loved seeing how excited he was on the sideline after we took the lead).

He has all the traits and skills to be the guy!

Hopefully with experience, he gets better with handling pressure, being erratic, and not constantly throwing off his back foot. Him and Lashlee have clicked but an even better OC would be special

Second half TVD showed back up. He is good, and will be really good if he continues to develop, but there is no excusing his first half performance yesterday. Like I said after the UNC game, you can’t win games when your QB only shows up to play half the game. No matter how bad the other team is.
Bad turnover and some pretty bad misses.

Advertisement
In the first half of the game CIS porsters in the Game Day thread were calling for his head, saying "bring Garcia!". Not understanding this was his first big, rivalry game in a full hostile and loud stadium in his first year playing QB. The kid has the goods and he is a star QB in the making. Yeah I said it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the first half of the game CIS porsters in the Game Day thread were calling for his head, saying "bring Garcia!". Not understanding this was his first big, rivalry game in a full hostile and loud stadium in his first year playing QB. The kid has the goods and he is a star QB in the making. Yeah I said it.
Gameday threads are filled with nonsensical overreaction, BUT The first half was too similar to UVA and UNC for some.

Mentioned before - and someone said it here - if he needs to get punched before the game or throw a bullpen- do it….

Dude has been completely carrying this team since he took over which is a ton of pressure. There's no real run game (unless he opens it up by torching teams through the air) and he knows that, the defense is also complete dog**** as we all know. What he's done has been extremely impressive.

Advertisement
Back