TVD vs TAMU, VT, & Duke 2022

No disrespect to individuals on the team or the coaches, but I havent seen a lot of fight in them during adversity. When they get punched in the face, they need to learn to weather the storm, trust each other and learn to fight back. There have been too many games in recent years where something happened in the 1st quarter and we all just knew we werent going to recover from that. Q1 against FSU last year..that pass interference on the 1st drive...absolute killer.
Straight out of TVD's mouth from an interview with Manny Navarro earlier this month:

“I think we have a lot of depth now compared to what we used to,” Van Dyke said. “I think it comes down to depth and staying positive and not folding when adversity hits. I think that was a big thing, too, last year. We’d fall behind even by a touchdown and get down. Two years ago, it wasn’t like that. I remember Florida State — we lost the game –— but we were down 20-7 and came back and took the lead.

Advertisement
Straight out of TVD's mouth from an interview with Manny Navarro earlier this month:

“I think we have a lot of depth now compared to what we used to,” Van Dyke said. “I think it comes down to depth and staying positive and not folding when adversity hits. I think that was a big thing, too, last year. We’d fall behind even by a touchdown and get down. Two years ago, it wasn’t like that. I remember Florida State — we lost the game –— but we were down 20-7 and came back and took the lead.
I like the self awareness. Thats hopeful. Now show it. Especially from him as the leader

There is a huge difference in the accuracy of a QB who is thinking too much in a more complex slow developing offense vs a QB who is perfectly comfortable in a less complex faster paced offense. Getting the crap knocked out of him constantly didn't help either. The improved OL and offense will play a huge part in fixing TVD's accuracy issues from the previous year.

That parrish drop and redding miss on the crosser hurt my soul

Also i thought this was one of gattis well called games, from 20-20 he was solid then redzone we played scary
Meh
He never threw the ball past 30 yards though smh. Not one pass was thrown into the end zone either. That in itself was terrible

Advertisement
Gattis called plays that would have worked just the players couldn't execute them
On the other side of the coin he called plays that put guys in awful positions. That’s the bad thing about his offense , there’s not many easy throws or route concepts that creates separation for wr’s. Running constant 5-7 step drops with a horrendous Ol was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen from an oc. Also running mesh concepts to death , to the point he almost got wr’s murdered. That’s how uncreative he was, defenses sat on everything and t’d off on the Ol.

Meh
He never threw the ball past 30 yards though smh. Not one pass was thrown into the end zone either. That in itself was terrible
Thats not his offense lol i was saying that before the season started. I thought the playcalling 20-20 was good enough to win, but the playcalling inside the redzone is what lost it imo. We played like we were happy with a close game, i put alot of that on mario too

Thats not his offense lol i was saying that before the season started. I thought the playcalling 20-20 was good enough to win, but the playcalling inside the redzone is what lost it imo. We played like we were happy with a close game, i put alot of that on mario too
this is true in the A&M. Not so in the MTSU game. Gattis was clueless how to respond when MTSU attacked with a stacked front and hidden blitz's vs our tight sets regardless of field position.

That TAMU game was about as good as it's going to get for the foreseeable future until we decide to fire Mario and hire Messi.

Advertisement
I like the self awareness. Thats hopeful. Now show it. Especially from him as the leader

Brother, I actually didn’t take that comment that way. He compared what happened under Diaz & Lashlee vs. Mario & Gattis. He said “two years ago, it wasn’t that way.” Two years ago, Diaz was the HC. He then digs further by using FSU from two yrs ago as an example of being down big, but still fighting.

So I don’t think I’m speculating, but let me add 2+2 together:

1. He talks about always wanting to play for Bama & what his thought process was

2. He was really leaning towards Bama, but wanted to see who the OC would be

To me, that shows a kid who didn’t want to be here last season & if imma keep it real, his body language & on-field play showed a kid who didn’t want to be here.

So now, I’m really going to be paying attention to the dynamics of this team. The fact that TVD also insinuated that some of the players that left weren’t really the problem, I dunno, playboy.

I’m hella anxious to see how this team gels from top to bottom.

Edit: My fault; I re-read his interview w/ Manny & misread the Bama situation. He said he really wanted to be here “as in Miami” but he was waiting on the OC situation.

Last edited:
this is true in the A&M. Not so in the MTSU game. Gattis was clueless how to respond when MTSU attacked with a stacked front and hidden blitz's vs our tight sets regardless of field position.
Southern miss did this week2 and we didn’t adjust all year lol. I remember someone asked him about condensed formations and he said u bring more people closer so u can have more blockers lol it was sum dumb ****t like that

Brother, I actually didn’t take that comment that way. He compared what happened under Diaz & Lashlee vs. Mario & Gattis. He said “two years ago, it wasn’t that way.” Two years ago, Diaz was the HC. He then digs further by using FSU from two yrs ago as an example of being down big, but still fighting.

So I don’t think I’m speculating, but let me add 2+2 together:

1. He talks about always wanting to play for Bama & what his thought process was

2. He was really leaning towards Bama, but wanted to see who the OC would be

To me, that shows a kid who didn’t want to be here last season & if imma keep it real, his body language & on-field play showed a kid who didn’t want to be here.

So now, I’m really going to be paying attention to the dynamics of this team. The fact that TVD also insinuated that some of the players that left weren’t really the problem, I dunno, playboy.

I’m hella anxious to see how this team gels from top to bottom.
Did i miss him saying that? I read he said he always wanted to be in Miami and yea im pretty sure he cool with some guys that left so thats why he said not everyone who left was a problem. We really reading into this **** too much lol

Did i miss him saying that? I read he said he always wanted to be in Miami and yea im pretty sure he cool with some guys that left so thats why he said not everyone who left was a problem. We really reading into this **** too much lol

Ooooo chit; that was my fault: I misread the quote from Manny’s interview in the recap. When it said “On The Bama situation” & I read “I always wanted to be here…” I quickly saw that regarding Bama. Re-read the entire article & context, & that was completely my fault.

Advertisement
Ooooo chit; that was my fault: I misread the quote from Manny’s interview in the recap. When it said “On The Bama situation” & I read “I always wanted to be here…” I quickly saw that regarding Bama. Re-read the entire article & context, & that was completely my fault.
Season just needs to hurry up lol

Advertisement
Back