TVD transferring from whisky?

I’d still take him 10/10 over Mc Cormick. TE blocking is incredibly overrated. The best ones aren’t exactly good blockers and the ones that are don’t get drafted.

Mallory couldn’t block but either could Njoku and nobody complained about him.

Mallory was worse, I never saw Njoku get punked by 5'7, 150# nickel backs like Mallory did. Mallory was the softest TE I ever saw at UM and it's not even close.

Advertisement
I’d still take him 10/10 over Mc Cormick. TE blocking is incredibly overrated. The best ones aren’t exactly good blockers and the ones that are don’t get drafted.

Mallory couldn’t block but either could Njoku and nobody complained about him.
Richard gordon got drafted in the 6th round with 62 career yds at Miami. He lasted 5 yrs in nfl. I understand your point. It rarely happens

Advertisement
OK OK, so Mallory was the best of the worst LOL.
They were both really, really bad in run blocking. I'd still take Mallory over Ford and not think twice about it.

I don't really blame Mallory or Ford for all of it. There was enough sample size of their poor blocking that they should not have been on the field in those critical short down situations. Yet, the coaches would keep putting them back out there and run a play to their side. Of course, they would get stonewalled every single time.

Richard gordon got drafted in the 6th round with 62 career yds at Miami. He lasted 5 yrs in nfl. I understand your point. It rarely happens
I mean, this is an extreme outlier. Tight ends that catch but can’t block get drafted every year often times early. Tight ends that block but can’t catch almost never get drafted.
Preeeeeecisely, Richard Gordon is a great example. Matter of fact, an in-line TE is supposed to be the best blocker on your O-Line.
Not sure where you learned that but if your tight end is your best blocker, you have the worst offensive line ever.

Advertisement
Not sure where you learned that but if your tight end is your best blocker, you have the worst offensive line ever.

A TE has numerous blocking assignments, especially a hybrid TE/H-Back. They have to block the edge player on OZ, they have to pull and kick out the edge player on power runs, sometimes they have to pull and wrap thru and block an ILB, and they have go out and catch passes. A good TE is the 2nd most important player on an offense, sometimes the most important.

A TE has numerous blocking assignments, especially a hybrid TE/H-Back. They have to block the edge player on OZ, they have to pull and kick out the edge player on power runs, sometimes they have to pull and wrap thru and block an ILB, and they have go out and catch passes. A good TE is the 2nd most important player on an offense, sometimes the most important.
A RB has numerous assignments too but if he’s your best blocker, you’re in trouble.

Let’s put it this way, if you’re leaving your tight end on an island to block your opponent’s best edge rusher, your quarterback isn’t going to finish the game

Advertisement
Same group of trash bags that celebrated him looking like he broke his neck and then still called him soft when he was on the field like a play later

Miserable ***** I tell ya
I didn't celebrate His injury, but I still He think He played soft here. If He would've blocked like He did in the Senior Bowl practices, then maybe He would'be gone higher in the draft.

Mike Myers No GIF
I Love U Ily GIF by i-love-you

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back