TVD or Perry

Advertisement
This guy gets it.

problem is post snap with defenders barreling down on you hanging in a deep pocket and making your progressions. Seems this offense you are making your reads pre-snap and getting the ball out fast. So I think Perry is better suited in this kind of offense.

As far as I know, the competition for #2 QB is still open. I think if push came to shove and King got hurt, they’d probably go to Perry since he’s been in game situations before. As far as getting blowout reps, I’d prefer they give them to Van Dyke

Advertisement
If we have a game where we start to blow out an opponent who would you rather see in the game?

Perry has more game experience, but the results have been erratic. I think his skill set is better suited to this style of O. Hopefully King’s work ethic has rubbed off.

TVD is the QB of the future. Have heard a lot of good things about him from camp. I think he was 5-6 for 200 yds in the last scrimmage. He did throw one INT.

I think it’s important for next season with the first game against Bama. That’s if King doesn’t come back for 6th season.

I would choose TVD to get him some experience and since he won’t lose his RS. Only problem you would have to manage is would that cause Perry to leave.
It's Perry for me. Would love to see him in this offense because to me, it more suits the type of offense he's use to running. He's earned the right to be the first one to come off the bench. Not many Qb's would;ve been able to be productive under this Crap show of an offense we ran last year. He's had a different OC every year he's been here. He has proven he can be that dude just need consistent OC play calling and decent line play, which I think they will benefit from this OC. Now not dismissing or excusing some of his boneheaded throws, but he has definitely showed growth and maturity which will benefit us going forward next year.

I am Part of the Kosi hive on the backup spot.

He has seen a lot and has made plays for us in the past. He put the team on his back and almost helped us to an improbable win against the Hokies.

I think Lashlee can do wonders with him and seriously would like to see him start two seasons if/when King leaves after winning the Heisman this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perry has stayed here through a lot of **** and hasn't bailed. He deserves respect for that. If Perry is the best he should start, and not moved to 2nd string just for the sake of getting our next guy more experience.
Perry caused personally a lot of the sh*t you speak of. Not necessarily saying you are wrong, but I don't feel like that is a reason to "justify" his playing time. My $.02

Advertisement
I want the guy that is expected to replace King, should he get injured, to get those snaps you’re referencing. I assume that will be Perry. TVD will get his experience at some point and no we don’t know if he’s the future. You believe he is but he’s far from a Cam Newton type talent where there is no question.

Whoever is the better QB and a better chance for the team to win should be the number two QB. Perry had only really one good throwing game since he has been at the U. Over 400 yards with 4 TDs and one interception but we still lost the game against VT. He has had only a few games were he threw just over 200 yards a game and seemed like he was ready to start killing it and then fell apart. The rest he started was under 200 yards and at Miami, we should be throwing over 300 yards every game. A lot of drops from WRs but just plain missed too many of them. To hot and cold. Hopefully, TVD is a better QB and will do much better.

Advertisement
Pick one, likely Perry, and give him enough time to honestly evaluate the results. Give TVD the next opportunity for garbage time. Work this until one separates from the other.

TVD is probably the future, but you give Kosi the nod for now. If God forbid we lose King, you would be throwing TVD to the wolves, which would be Kaaya vs. UL 2.0....

Advertisement
Back