TVD non committal for bowl game and 2024

Advertisement
Let’s get real here & stop the bashing. TVD has been through numerous injuries, 3 OC’s, has no idea if Dawson will return & lastly, who wants to play in the Taco Illegal Bowl in El Paso? I would be thinking long & hard about my decision too. Portal opens Dec. 4. Better start signing some QB’s & fast.

Mario’s prime concern right now is to have a new qb starting next year. Emory to the back up spot. I have to believe Mario is and will pursue a qb from the portal. I dont see a freshman phenom coming to the U although anythin* is possible. Without the qb situation as top priority next year will be worse. TVD is a liability that can’t be afforded next season.

As much as TVD has failed at this program this year, it's still in the best interest of the University of Miami football team to have him here at spring to compete. The problem is that Mario didn't have a suitable replacement ready to challenge/push him and TVD never felt like losing the starting job was a legitimate threat.

That's 100% on Mario and he has absolutely fumbled the QB situation (again).

Now think about the spring. What are we banking on right now so we can have a legitimate QB competition in the spring?
"Emory will be ready"
"We'll get a starter from the portal."

Where have we heard those 2 things before?

If neither happen, like we should all expect, then we'll have Judd Anderson vs walk on QBs for the spring (maybe that's why we recently offered Bailey).

Disaster. Absolutely negligent roster mismanagement.

There was an easy way to keep both TVD AND Jacurri here for the spring as well as bringing in a viable starter from the portal.

torn ligaments in his throwing hand
Degloving injury in his leg
Rib injury
Bruised thigh
sprained ACL in his knee
Shoulder issue reaggravated

Yup, this is the QB you claim failed the program this year. The same one who has been ripped apart for the past month. Imagine playing with those injuries - I doubt any of you who continually bash this guy would have done any better.

You want to blame someone? Blame the staff for putting him out there. Sometimes you are your own worst enemy and the fact he even WANTED TO TRY to play should be commended. I guess it's part of being TUFF and FIZICAL, right?

I don't blame him one bit for not playing in a bowl game. He took more shots last week.

Rumors are Cohen isn't playing this week or the bowl. I wonder who else will hit the bench too?

Advertisement
Rib injury
Bruised thigh
sprained ACL in his knee

Yup, this is the QB you claim failed the program this year. The same one who has been ripped apart for the past month. Imagine playing with those injuries - I doubt any of you who continually bash this guy would have done any better.

You want to blame someone? Blame the staff for putting him out there. Sometimes you are your own worst enemy and the fact he even WANTED TO TRY to play should be commended. I guess it's part of being TUFF and FIZICAL, right?

I don't blame him one bit for not playing in a bowl game. He took more shots last week.

Rumors are Cohen isn't playing this week or the bowl. I wonder who else will hit the bench too?
Put your cape away buddy

According to who? JB or the coaches

If the coaches are sitting him, that's illogical.

If JB refuses to play, that says a lot about him.

Not that hard... if he wants to transfer, its logical he would not be around for the bowl game because he will be out of the program already. If he is around for the bowl game, why would he want to risk injury if he wont be on the team 2 weeks later.

Advertisement
It will be worse than the La Tech bowl a couple years ago
Not sure that is possible but I have said it was not possible to be more depressed about this team every year for the last 12 and only been wrong a few times so I'm sure there are lower lows to experience

That said, the sick part of me that accepts where we are as a team now does want to see a walk on starter cause it would be hilarious at this point.

Last edited:
Rib injury
Bruised thigh
sprained ACL in his knee

I said failed "at" the program..wasn't placing blame on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we end up 6-7 what progress is that?

At the end of the day it’s about W’s and L’s-

Van Dyke should look at UCONN he’s from Glastonbury Ct -UConn’s football stadium is about 10 minutes down the road-

Hope they win the final 2-

I’m not optimistic.
Hey man, 1 more win and the same number of losses. Surely that's worth the obscene amount of money that has gone into paying everyone this season. Im sure Ruiz and the powers that be feel the money was well spent.

Last edited:
That might be right up mario’s alley. A good 9-6 battle
puke GIF

Advertisement
Back