TVD non committal for bowl game and 2024

Advertisement
I honestly would decline the bowl invitation if we’re going to get beat down like that with a walk-on. Chances are guys like LT, James and Kam sit out too to protect their stock. If we don’t have TVD and Jacurri…it’s wildcat, or worse.

I know some will think it’s a beta mentality to sit it out, but I don’t see how getting the doors blown off us would help in recruiting. God forbid we lose to BC, 6-7 would look infinitely worse. Back-to-back losing seasons is literally no better than Billy Napier.

Jacurri might want to play to put some tape out there

Seriously though--who plays QB if we accept the bowl bid and TVD leaves, which seems like certainty at this point?

We have a QB named Jacurri Brown that is healthy (correct me if I am mistaken) and available to help his team. In the event TVD does not suit up, and JB does not play, what does that say about him and / or our HC?

Advertisement
I’d rather have one of the Mauigoa bros play QB, assuming they can play with a flaming spear thing
That'd be good also. I just want to be able to enjoy my leftovers with a Canes win. Put Lou Cristobal in there running Fullback Dives for all I care if we get the W.

Advertisement
This is when I say Mario made a massive mistake by not taking a 4th QB after Garcia transferred.

NEVER start a season with 3 QBs. An NFL roster has 55 spots and they have 3. We have 85! We should have 5 on ship at all times.

We can blame TVD and Dawson but that **** is 100% on Mario.

Advertisement
If TVD and JB hit the portal, they should not play the bowl game. Go ahead and hit me with the, “but Baylor didn’t have a QB and they still won.” Yea well they had offensive coaches who had a clue what they were doing. If this team is forced to play a walk on or a wildcat guy at QB, you won’t see more than 4 plays all game. It will be worse than the La Tech bowl a couple years ago.

You really wanna put that embarrassment on national tv? The so called recruiting guru who can’t even field a team with a scholarship QB? Yea I’ll pass on hearing the commentators try to explain that one for 3 hours.

1700670892967.png

Any of them have the ability to run and throw a forward pass?

Advertisement

Obviously, for some of us this is about as good of an early Christmas present that you can get. Beyond that, this shows me once again that this dude could give two ***** about this team. If you really plan on transferring, ok, but did you really need to come out and say this now when we’re going into our final game, which most can agree is already going to be a tough place to go on the road and win? This guy continues to come across as a someone who would rather be any place but here.
His full response was more than what you quoted.

I honestly would decline the bowl invitation if we’re going to get beat down like that with a walk-on. Chances are guys like LT, James and Kam sit out too, in order to protect their stock. Our Bowl game won’t mean anything. If we don’t have TVD and Jacurri…it’s wildcat, or worse.

I know some will think it’s a beta mentality to sit it out, but I don’t see how getting the doors blown off us would help in recruiting. God forbid we lose to BC, 6-7 would look infinitely worse. Back-to-back losing seasons, especially a 2023 one where you lose five straight (or if you beat BC, lose four of five) is literally no better than Billy Napier.
My only argument against declining the bowl invite is losing those 15 practices. They go a long way in player development.

My only argument against declining the bowl invite is losing those 15 practices. They go a long way in player development.
100%. That’s the tough part and I know Mario won’t decline it because of that reason. It’s not that I blame him because of that, I blame him for the way the QB room looks. Should never be in a position like this, only one of your three QBs is hurt badly enough to miss games (despite TVD being very banged up, plus he’d have a month to rest).

I just fear the repercussions of starting a PWO in a nationally-televised game.

Also on the subject, I saw Emory on campus in a sling. Assumed he had surgery already, but did we ever get an official diagnosis from the school?

Advertisement
Back