TVD news

That’s fantastic…Mario and Dawson disagree. Them taking the knee to end regulation should tell you everything you need to know about how they view him. I’m not saying he’s bad, he’s a true freshman QB who didn’t **** up…it’s commendable

It’s one thing to make a single nice throw. It’s another to be able to digest coverages, alignments, and execute in real time.

So a true freshman - in his first college game - against a really good Clemson team - with really good defensive backs - just happened to make those passes - and NOT see coverages, alignments, and somehow executed - perfectly?

That's like saying, "Yes, he said his ABC's, in sequence - and got all the way to "Z" - but he doesn't know his ABC's."

?????

No one has that kind of luck.

The coaches certainly eased him into his first start - but when the game was on the line - they started to loosen the Kraken, and we all saw some really nice touches.

Advertisement
Fair enough. Let me ask you something. Did you you even think that the team had a shot of winning vs Clemson’s top 5 defense without TVD??? If yes then cool but there was the majority of the TVD fan club talking about a for sure L. Now come the excuses of the defense playing lights out and everyone playing hard to get Emory a W practically saving him and not giving him his due credit. Sad and funny to see all these Canes fans so negative about a win because they feel TVD gives us the best chance to win SMDH. TVD was very healthy going into GTech and he made costly mistakes that eventually focked us! I remember last year’s Texas A&M game which I attended and tell me how those stats for TVD look compared to Emory vs Clemson. Enough said😤

I happen to be in the camp that all the team wanted to play a bit harder so that the entire burden of winning wasn't put on Emory.

I've been in critical situations - and the rest of us agreed to make sure the newbie didn't have to feel that burden nor put him in a place where HE would place that burden.

I think the team - the entire team - really came together for the first time and it was based on expending yourself for others - but when everyone is doing it - hard to beat.

It's an important lesson we lost years ago. But I hope now that we rediscovered it again - they'll want to play that way from now on.

That's what our famous old-timers have been trying to put into words - but never quite explained expending yourself and your full efforts - for your brothers - and with everyone doing the same - for each other - that's why we won, and that's why we are still so close.

I happen to be in the camp that all the team wanted to play a bit harder so that the entire burden of winning wasn't put on Emory.

I've been in critical situations - and the rest of us agreed to make sure the newbie didn't have to feel that burden nor put him in a place where HE would place that burden.

I think the team - the entire team - really came together for the first time and it was based on expending yourself for others - but when everyone is doing it - hard to beat.

It's an important lesson we lost years ago. But I hope now that we rediscovered it again - they'll want to play that way from now on.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with CY. Probably not a coincidence that TVD sits and all of a sudden CY becomes the primary target instead of Restrepo.

You've got a true freshman QB getting his first start against an opponent we haven't beaten in 13 years. The offensive staff deliberately called safe plays to get him used to the environment, build some confidence, and wear down the Clemson defense. That does not in any way reflect bad on Emory. His confidence is sky high right now. It allowed him to get better as the game progressed. The result of those safe play calls and high completion passes was that when it came down to it, he was able to step up and we got a well earned win because of it.

Even more importantly, Emory got an advanced class on being a starting QB and he's not shell shocked because of bad play calls. Anyone trying to take anything away from Emory for his performance is an idiot.

Advertisement

Team unity is key I’m with you, but if Coaches go backwards and give TVD another opportunity it might affect the team especially the receivers. I really hope it doesn’t and I hope TVD if put back in wins but I’m fockin tired of the same results from TVD and tired of the excuses some make for him. I’m sorry but I think it’s time to put the lame horse down.

Yes, you did…he’s this guy:

Village Idiot GIF

The limited playbook scares me more than Emory playing. It only gets harder once film gets out. Anyone that thinks Virginia won't be shooting gaps and blowing up bubble screens is certifiable. If I knew they would give Emory a real chance I'd understand that logic.
This is where we find out much about Dawson. Will he take advantage of the over aggressive nature Virginia is sure to bring to stop the run & WR screens with play action & double moves, other creative plays, or will he just try to pound it against 9 man boxes?

This is where we find out much about Dawson. Will he take advantage of the over aggressive nature Virginia is sure to bring to stop the run & WR screens with play action & double moves, other creative plays, or will he just try to pound it against 9 man boxes?
Pound is the only logical Mario answer.

Advertisement
Team unity is key I’m with you, but if Coaches go backwards and give TVD another opportunity it might affect the team especially the receivers. I really hope it doesn’t and I hope TVD if put back in wins but I’m fockin tired of the same results from TVD and tired of the excuses some make for him. I’m sorry but I think it’s time to put the lame horse down.

Not me. TVD has a role - and he's really played hard for us for many games - and even the best QB's ever to play - have had some off day games. He's taken a beating for us.

I hope he will heal up, and come back and set the ACC on fire.

I think TVD could use a shot of tequila before running out on the field to start a game - and be a tiny bit more - "spirited." And have some fun out there! Get pizzed! Get happy! Get emotionally involved and elevate his teammates.

I also hope - that Emory will get some serious play time THIS year - so he'll be more ready to jump in NEXT year - and take the reins.

Next year is not that many games away . . .

Advertisement
Not me. TVD has a role - and he's really played hard for us for many games - and even the best QB's ever to play - have had some off day games. He's taken a beating for us.

I hope he will heal up, and come back and set the ACC on fire.

I think TVD could use a shot of tequila before running out on the field to start a game - and be a tiny bit more - "spirited." And have some fun out there! Get pizzed! Get happy! Get emotionally involved and elevate his teammates.

I also hope - that Emory will get some serious play time THIS year - so he'll be more ready to jump in NEXT year - and take the reins.

Next year is not that many games away . . .
🤯You are right in every aspect. Honestly now I feel like sh! !t. TVD is a Cane regardless and I want him to succeed because he has taken a beating for us and maybe 🤔 that’s why his equilibrium is off a bit but he’s still Qb1 and whole heartedly I hope & pray he comes back with a fire 🔥 inside. So maybe it’s a wake-up call for him🤔cause now he needs to secure his job because that frosh is a definite contender for the job right now. I seriously just want the team to succeed whichever the staff chooses to lead the team that game.

Advertisement
No no no Dios mío No!!! I pray he goes and enters the draft or the portal
Don't mean to stir the pot but I agree. He's shown me he can be great. He's also shown me he can be pretty terrible. I'm talking clean pocket and making mind boggling throws and interceptions. When he's on he's playoff caliber, but when he's off we're a 5 loss team. And sadly, there's no middle ground him. I'm not hating just ready to move on.

That’s fantastic…Mario and Dawson disagree. Them taking the knee to end regulation should tell you everything you need to know about how they view him. I’m not saying he’s bad, he’s a true freshman QB who didn’t **** up…it’s commendable

It’s one thing to make a single nice throw. It’s another to be able to digest coverages, alignments, and execute in real time.
Wait a minute! So that game was not real time? What the **** happening to me?

The bottom line is we need to run the ball more often...

Not running it for two straight series in the Clemson game is total BS!

Then you don't let him pass in the final drive.

Some serious bi polar play calling,.

Advertisement
Back