TVD news

Emory made a couple great throws and no mistakes in the ultimate pressure situation against a great defense to get his team in a position to win.

Don't take away from that.
I’m not taking that away from him; however, to imply that is enough evidence to play him over TVD today then agree to disagree. This is silly.

Advertisement
I’m not taking that away from him; however, to imply that is enough evidence to play him over TVD today then agree to disagree. This is silly.

One of the dumbest threads we've had here in a long time, and that is REALLY saying something.

Since I'm the one that created this thread, is there a way for me to nuke it? I have gone back here maybe twice since Saturday night for a total of 5 minutes and will be filing a lawsuit to get those back since I've somehow found even more braindead canes fans than I thought existed 48 hours ago.

One of the dumbest threads we've had here in a long time, and that is REALLY saying something.

Right up there with the Jake Garcia fan bus. ... and I like Emory a ton. But kid isn't shaving yet, much less grizzled enough to put the team on his back.

Preach. I understand @Memnon 's feedback that Emory is still a huge WIP. And anyone who thinks he's ready to displace TVD as our starter doesn't understand football. The only QB controversy is on CIS. TVD is our #1 and it's not even debatable.

But as far as TVD playing vs UVA,, I personally think if he's anything less than 90%, you let him heal unless Emory struggles too much.

And regarding the playbook and playcalling this Saturday, Dawson opened it up a notch in the second half v Clemson, and he needs to open it up another notch v UVA. Emory is a bookworm and film room junkie. He can make a TE slant pass or a slip screen to the RB. He can handle a smash route or a EZ fade. Heck, he can certainly handle basic RPO concepts since he did it in HS (IIRC, it's been a year since I saw his HUDL). Not sure he has the arm strength for a go route to Harrell, but man would I like to see him try at least once.

Just let him loose "a little more" against UVA to see what he can do, force the defense to respect the pass, and lessen the pressure on the RBs.
@grover....here's what else I'd do....If Hypothetically Emory has an Excellent 1st 3 quarters, and we're ahead comfortably, I'd bring Jacurri in for a few series.

Remember last year when Brown started against Georgia Tech and Gattis called the most conservative (even for him) game in the history of time and Jacurri got crowned the next Vince Young?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Coaches don't call incredibly conservative games because they believe in the QB.

Advertisement
This offense in my opinion needs to be more run heavy even when TVD gets back. We put up less than 350 yards and won the games. We lost 2 games putting up over 450 because we commit 9 turnovers. Our defense doesnt have to be on the field so much and can rest. I said it in another thread i rather TVD throw 25-30 passes much more than 35-40. He is gonna commit turnovers locking on to players. Run the ball and run more play actions. Yall kill Cristobal for the slow bro style approach but that win v Clemson was prime Bro style with a true FR. We could play a more effective version with TVD throwing more deep passes. Imo. Turnovers negate alot of yardage.

Agree.... but our run game against GT and UNC regressed to Gattis ball.. running into the middle of a packed DL. That's got to change..

Advertisement
I’m not even a big fan of TVD but he gives us best chance to win this season. It’s not even close.

I still say rest TVD for Virginia and have him ready for NC State.

We only needed 3 turnovers, two overtimes, and one of the most inspired defensive performances of the last decade against a bunch of CORPSES on offense to win a home game.....I don't see why you feel he couldn't beat FSU in Doak next month. I say pull TVD's scholarship now, so he can go play all the golf he wants. He's clearly not a leader. Did you see him at the end of the game going nuts on Emory, so excited for the kid? Such a fraud, he knew the cameras where there, he was just excited the game was over so he could get to Top Golf to work on his wedge game. Start Emory going forward, bring in Jacurri for a few series, maybe on some 3rd and longs (defense would never see it coming) and worst case we just go full Wildcat, because we haven't had any Running Backs get hurt yet so we're super deep there.

Right up there with the Jake Garcia fan bus. ... and I like Emory a ton. Kid isn't shaving yet.

I’m not saying Emory should start over TVD… I’m in the @SWFLHurricane camp.

But comparing Emory to Garcia and some of the ways that people are defending TVD and taking credit away from Emory is dumber than wanting to see Emory get another start.

Advertisement
I’m not even a big fan of TVD but he gives us best chance to win this season. It’s not even close.

I still say rest TVD for Virginia and have him ready for NC State.
I agree with this. But I would also add a little note that Emory Williams vs Virginia = a toss up game IMO.

This team is not consistent enough to expect a similar dominant defensive performance we saw this past week against UVA.

Can it happen? Sure. But that 17.5 spread changes drastically IMO if Emory suits up instead of TVD.

I understand we won the game but Emory isn’t exactly the reason why. This is a silly argument.
Ok smoke break. What to choose????😎

Attachments

• IMG_1505.jpeg
    IMG_1505.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
I’m not saying Emory should start over TVD… I’m in the @SWFLHurricane camp.

But comparing Emory to Garcia and some of the ways that people are defending TVD and taking credit away from Emory is dumber than wanting to see Emory get another start.
Back peddle any harder and you’ll give prime rolle a run for his money.

Remember last year when Brown started against Georgia Tech and Gattis called the most conservative (even for him) game in the history of time and Jacurri got crowned the next Vince Young?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Coaches don't call incredibly conservative games because they believe in the QB.
Def think ppl need to dial it down but Emory did what he did against a really good Clemson defense. Brown did his work against a ****** GT team. Cant really compare the two

I agree with this. But I would also add a little note that Emory Williams vs Virginia = a toss up game IMO.

This team is not consistent enough to expect a similar dominant defensive performance we saw this past week against UVA.

Can it happen? Sure. But that 17.5 spread changes drastically IMO if Emory suits up instead of TVD.
Emory just beat our nemesis Clemson, down by 10pts, and Virginia is now a toss up??...I'm not buying that.

Advertisement
Back