Tvd Ken Dorsey Comparisons

Advertisement
Advertisement
The similarity for me is in the apparent maturity. We have seen far too often that immature QBs-unless the talent is just through the roof-usually cannot overcome immaturity. The last guy that we had that exhibited this maturity was Kaaya who was a very good college QB. TVD is more talented athletically than both Kaaya and Dorsey so he may be able to eclipse individually what each accomplished. We'll see . . . still a long way to go.

Thanks I thought so too just a breath of fresh air right now for our program
His rapid progression reminds me of Dorsey. I recall Ken’s performance against Va Tech in 1999 ...by the end of the season he was solidifying his claim to be Miami’s quarterback of the future. That more than anything reminds me of TVD...Van Dyke has progressed VERY rapidly.

Advertisement
He’s gotta better tools but obviously ken was a very successful and clutch player. Also had great talent tho. I think the release may be similar. Kens release may have been quicker. Ken was also a great athlete in his own right even if it didn’t show up at the combine lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kenny was rarely if ever under pressure in 2000 and 2001. He almost always had a clean pocket. Different game today though with RPO and offensive lineman being able to cheat downfield. Long gone are 5- and 7-step drops. Last Saturday is the first time I've seen where both teams were called for illegal man downfield in the same game. Almost unheard of these days.

Really interested to see how TVD is going to perform these next 4 games.

Much different kid than Kenny.

Advertisement
Back