TVD is the problem

Hard to overcome incredibly poor QB play and soft WRs in the red zone.

He was bad against Southern Miss and he was bad tonight.

Right now TVD is the problem for this offense.
**** hath frozen over.

I agree with you.

Canes need TVD to channel his inner Aaron Rodgers and hasn't yet.

Perhaps won't ever.

I feel dirty.

Advertisement
I don’t see a pro QB. He can’t process things fast enough.
That’s a work in progress.

I think one of his biggest issues is his release. It takes too long at times, and that extra half second makes a difference.

The first pass to Aroyo is an example — the A&M safety barely made it there to get his fingertips on the ball and cause an incompletion. If that ball gets there .5 seconds sooner, it’s a big play.

Advertisement
That’s a work in progress.

I think one of his biggest issues is his release. It takes too long at times, and that extra half second makes a difference.

The first pass to Aroyo is an example — the A&M safety barely made it there to get his fingertips on the ball and cause an incompletion. If that ball gets there .5 seconds sooner, it’s a big play.
That’s fair. But I’m not sold that he’s the best QB on the roster, for this offense. That’s my problem.

Advertisement
you guys sound nuts. I made a comment about Garcia but lets be real. there were eat least 6 bad drops. the Parrish drop was a td, brashard keeps us alive. there was a timing issue but our wrs cant get open, run slow and bad routes, and made drops. cant blame it all on him especially 2nd half
We need a whole new WR core, they slow, cant separate and when they do get a little day light, its a rollercoaster if they will catch it.. Even when DB fall instead of running around they try to jump over with no explosiveness.. lol..

If we gonna run thsi 2018 bama playbook, you better go get Ruggs/Waddle/Juedy/ Smith type WR.. SPEEEEEEEEEED Game breakers..

And those nice little runs that always get tackled by the safety, get housed by SPEEEEED backs

"If he is even he is LEAVIN!"

I would have to look it up as well but I believe I counted six. The most egregious were Parrish and of course Smith at the end like you said. When your QB isn’t playing at his highest level you have to be able to pick him up some…
Ah, I meant from TE/WRs. Yes, the Parrish drop was egregious. Our WRs aren’t good enough to pick up the QB. For us, it has to be the other way around. We appear significantly out of sync.

Advertisement
How did he go from what we saw last season to “bad”?
He doesn't have a receiver who can stretch the field like Rambo. Plus, defenses are actively trying to prevent the deep ball. A lot of cover 2 and cover 3 looks so far this year. He needs to show he can consistently get the ball to his underneath guys to open up the deep ball, which was his strength last year

We need a whole new WR core, they slow, cant separate and when they do get a little day light, its a rollercoaster if they will catch it.. Even when DB fall instead of running around they try to jump over with no explosiveness.. lol..

If we gonna run thsi 2018 bama playbook, you better go get Ruggs/Waddle/Juedy/ Smith type WR.. SPEEEEEEEEEED Game breakers..

And those nice little runs that always get tackled by the safety, get housed by SPEEEEED backs

"If he is even he is LEAVIN!"

they are soft too. they get pushed around.

they are soft too. they get pushed around.
Because they have no speed, if they were burners DB would think twice about trying to lock up with them because one mistake, strike up the band.. I was saying it alllllllll offseason and guys said I was overreacting.. You cant lockup with top teams and then be surprised when you cant separate.. I got to find a way to look up those post because multiple people said of you dont need WR in this era.. LMAOOOOO

Advertisement
More than one thing can be true.

The WRs are awful but TVD needs a year in this offense before it gets better.

TVD throwing short when he had a guy wide open in the middle of the field for a first down is not on the OC. He is just not seeing everything yet and trying to go too fast. He looked nervous and panicked all night.

Game management was awful, coaches did awful job preparing this offense. They couldn't figure one mismatch to take advantage of that overly shorthanded D.

Lots of work to be done all around.

Advertisement
Back