TVD front Page of ESPN

Advertisement
They must have prepped a bunch of stuff for game day before it was moved to increase hype
During game 1 one of the announcers stated that there is an interview with Mario talking about coming back to Miami and expectations that will be aired on Gameday leading up to Texas A&M. There are a ton of interviews and segments that were made for this matchup, I still expect a lot of them to be shown on Saturday.

Advertisement
During game 1 one of the announcers stated that there is an interview with Mario talking about coming back to Miami and expectations that will be aired on Gameday leading up to Texas A&M. There are a ton of interviews and segments that were made for this matchup, I still expect a lot of them to be shown on Saturday.
The cafecito segment will look a lot better in hindsight with a W :D

km_20211012_1080p(1)_1.gif

Advertisement
God**** you, Jimbo. Can you do anything right?

This was supposed to be a puff piece for College Gameday and now ESPN has to purge the presentation deck of all the pro-Miami/pro-TAMU props to go give App State their deserved feel goods. Hated you at Florida State, still hating on your goofy *** years later. Get rekt.

When Gattis first joined the staff, he asked Van Dyke how he kept in touch with his receivers during the offseason. Turns out, he didn't. He didn't even have most guys' phone numbers.

"That was just shocking," Gattis said. "How can you build a team of wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and you're not all being a group chat -- all be talking? You're not all throwing, watching film? So we've tried to build that camaraderie."

....Uh what??? Can't believe this wasn't brought up before

When Gattis first joined the staff, he asked Van Dyke how he kept in touch with his receivers during the offseason. Turns out, he didn't. He didn't even have most guys' phone numbers.

"That was just shocking," Gattis said. "How can you build a team of wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and you're not all being a group chat -- all be talking? You're not all throwing, watching film? So we've tried to build that camaraderie."

Wait a second.

Maybe that’s why TVD looked out of sync on Saturday compared to last season. Maybe he does better throwing to guys he never interacts with outside the office.

Advertisement
Good article. TVD is far more upset than any of us as to how he played last game. That’s not in the article but the article does a pretty good job of getting us into his head. Bryce Young was special against Texas. Time for TVD to do his thing if he really wants to be the best.

Advertisement
Throw last week out. It was clear Miami mentally was not in the game the first half. I think we need to run the ball but also Gattis has to get TVD in a rhythm. Take some shots down field. I have to think A&M is gearing up for the run. Show run mix it up and throw the ball.

Somehow, with every staff change, things like this come out. There are always things that seem obvious but the team wasn't doing. It makes me wonder how they functioned at all 3 coaches ago.

Last year was last year. He showed flashes of his skills, mind set and physical ability. This year is the real transformational year for him to greatness and next game is the beginning of this journey.

Advertisement
Back