Official TVD comments on Hard Rock

Advertisement
Man, I want to see Garcia get his shot. I'm not seeing it on the field with TVD. And now he's negative recruiting against us? Send his *** back to Glastonbury and pull his scholly
so you didnt see it last year when we all CROWNED him for putting together what JD4 would say is godo for say the top 30 or so runs by a freshman in 30 years? come on now. Garcia will get his shot but you guys are so quick throw the current guys under the bus (esp the ones that have produced very good results for you). example of that is the Rousseau thread where everyone got salty he opted out and said he wont do **** and cost himself. same w Flagg who's proven that w good coaching that put him in the spots where he can succeed, hes pretty good. TVD isnt elite but we haven't seen anything from garcia against someone who is worth a ****. on top of that, hes played in what? 4 games since his junior season of HS (not all his fault obviously). lets see what happens if we can put TVD and WRs in positions of success with familiar concepts.

Then dont come to miami if you dont want to play at The Crib and our environment
LOL recruits dont come to miami for our environment. they come to miami bc of everything else the program, its success, and the city offers. they come bc its the home of the greatest team ever and some of the greatest NFL players. they come bc it was once known as NFL U. the local kids come bc it is home to them and want to put on for their city, not bc they expect 65k each week.

Advertisement
miami is an event town. you literally made my point. miami only shows up for big games bc its an event. why do you think FSU brings out every canes fan but they all gone every other week. I was also there when it was half empty against GT that same season lol. were literally not a true college environment.

I have season tickets, went to he school, and im here every game. Ive had my tickets since I graduated. where you at every week? also, when everyones favorite point is the literally the biggest home game we've had since 2013 (UF v UM) and in the past 20 years, you kinda make TVDs point too.
You can literally buy a ticket on stubhub right now for Saturday's game for $5. Sorry but if you can't afford $5 you aren't going to pay for a ticket when the big boys are in town. Using cost as an excuse to not go to home games is BS. you can;t find a better value in town for a sporting event.
It’s not the money it’s almost a waste of time to go for ****** games like that. Rather wait and go to competitive ones. If Miami was in the rural south yes but it’s not there’s much more to do that’s why they struggle for attendance same goes for USC

Then dont come to miami if you dont want to play at The Crib and our environment
Cool, because kids not wanting to play at Miami hasn't been a problem for over a decade. No, we'll just fix things with hard work and good intentions, who needs top recruits?

TVD was right on point. what recruit wants to play in that environment? The school and boosters did all they could in the off season but yall still won't go to the game but complain about everything.
I’m sure the stadium will be packed once we get conference opponents for a home game but the first 3 ****** games why would someone go it’s like preseason for nfl there’s nobody there lol

It’s not the money it’s almost a waste of time to go for ****** games like that. Rather wait and go to competitive ones. If Miami was in the rural south yes but it’s not there’s much more to do that’s why they struggle for attendance same goes for USC
And I agree, I love watching my team stomp a weaker team out, but I don't want to leave the house to watch it. But can you fault kids for wanting more? If you were a player, you might find it attractive that bama could sell out a game against a middle school team.

Advertisement
TVD simply told the truth. This fan base just run their mouths on message boards and Twitter but don't actually go support the team and then have the nerve to get offended by facts.

I would bet that 90% of the people on boards and social media that claim to be fans aren't students or alumni, so why point that out when it comes to filling the seats.

We know it's a small school but there's over 6 million people in the metro area so there's no excuse.

And please stop with the if we win they will come. 2001 team was winning and still didn't sell out.

I'm sick of hearing about how electric the Notre Dame game was, that **** was 5 years ago.
I mean why was the Nd game a sick atmosphere bc it was a good team. Sorry most people aren’t going to go see blowouts. Bama fans leave before halftime for their **** games too

A few points I’d like to make:

1.) The city of Miami has a long history of casual and fair weather attendance to their local sports teams. Miami Heat only draw...when they’re winning. Dolphins only draw...when they’re winning. Marlins, well, they never draw lol. If you look at all the cfb programs that draw a full house every week they are in small towns with nothing else going on. USC has a similar problem to us.

2.) 20 years of apathy and losing have greatly infected this fan base. Even though I think Mario can turn this around I think many of us are in a wait and see approach. Last Saturday we were let down, again. For 20 years now you have a fan base that wants to believe but we’ve continuously been disappointed over and over and over again.

3.) I think the answer for Miami is a small, compact stadium that’s seats 40-50k. Make the environment similar to Cameron Indoor and focus on acoustics and making it extremely loud, warm, and inviting. Serve some good Cuban food, etc.

I've never been feeling TVD. Last year was full blown AIDS so I stopped watching. Garcia is better.
Star Wars Dummy GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Given the small size of our student body, we'll rarely be able to have the same crowd energy we saw at Kyle Field last weekend. The numbers just aren't there for us. We can get that degree of passion up for maybe one game a year -- an FSU, ND, etc.

TVD was right on point. what recruit wants to play in that environment? The school and boosters did all they could in the off season but yall still won't go to the game but complain about everything.
You got season tix? Are you part of the solution alongside a bunch of us on here?

A few points I’d like to make:

1.) The city of Miami has a long history of casual and fair weather attendance to their local sports teams. Miami Heat only draw...when they’re winning. Dolphins only draw...when they’re winning. Marlins, well, they never draw lol. If you look at all the cfb programs that draw a full house every week they are in small towns with nothing else going on. USC has a similar problem to us.
How about UCLA at the Rose Bowl? Crowd shots there look like maybe 5-10,000 max in that huge stadium (88,500) for many games. UCLA has an undergrad enrollment of 32,000 -- 2.7x ours. USC's undergard enrollment is closer to our 12,000 at 20,000.

Advertisement

Why our fan base blows encapsulated in one post.

That’s why a stadium on or near campus will have zero impact on attendance. I swear even our own fans know nothing about the actual university. They think there are 50k students with no way to get to the games
Bro, there are schools up north that are probably better suited to your fandom, since you're putting your driving convenience over stadium accessibility for the rest of the city. If Orlando or Tampa are closer driving distance to your house than some proposed stadium sites, give their football team a look. Go cause traffic in N FL.

Advertisement
Back