TVD and our OCs

Advertisement
He had a good 2021 and we all thought we had our QB! But once teams had him on film, it was………
Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

Tyler with Gattis.
Excellent point.

Those two big games came after horrendous offensive performances in which we lost to Texas A&M and Middle Tennessee State. Gattis felt the pressure and opened up the offense more. Tvd then had pretty solid numbers. Then got hurt versus Duke and it went downhill again with no qb.

Pretty wild that with a little pressure in the pot, even trash *** Gattis got something good out of TVD.

Advertisement
Excellent point.

Those two big games came after horrendous offensive performances in which we lost to Texas A&M and Middle Tennessee State. Gattis felt the pressure and opened up the offense more. Tvd then had pretty solid numbers. Then got hurt versus Duke and it went downhill again with no qb.

Pretty wild that with a little pressure in the pot, even trash *** Gattis got something good out of TVD.
That is one way to view it. Another way is Tyler has bright spots with all 3 OC. He also has duds with all 3 OC. We were told Gattis "opened it up" however much stock you put into that is up to reader.

That is one way to view it. Another way is Tyler has bright spots with all 3 OC. He also has duds with all 3 OC. We were told Gattis "opened it up" however much stock you put into that is up to reader.
Anyway, I'm not here defending TVD. He's played horrible.

But I have no patience for slow plodding, bunched up, non creative, no space, no pace, no pre snap movement, 1980s offensive schemes. So I'll continue putting more blame there instead of any QB. If we had a modern offense and the qb was still making mistakes like he is now, then yea hebderserves all the blame. But this BS isn't modern at all except for 1 game.

I haven't seen Emory light **** up the way other freshmans do throughout the country and even the way TVD did his freshman year.

And thats not to slight Emory. Thats to point out, that's 2 qbs who haven't done **** in this offense.

If were expecting Drake Maye to forego the draft and come play his senior season for Cristibal in order for this offense to be competent, were ****ed.

This season shows that Gattis was like a cancer. He was killing us, so we cut him out to save us. But he spread to TVD. And that’s what we are seeing, a re-emergence of the cancer. And it’s sad it spread to him, but we just like last year, we gotta remove.
Once TVD is gone, Dawson will be able to fully start fresh

Gattis has nothing to do with the **** poor playcalling in 2023

Was it Gattis calling all of the first down inside zone runs straight into the FSU run blitz everytime in the 2H?

Was it Gattis showing absolutely zero redzone creativity outside of Texas AM?

Advertisement
Anyway, I'm not here defending TVD. He's played horrible.

But I have no patience for slow plodding, bunched up, non creative, no space, no pace, no pre snap movement, 1980s offensive schemes. So I'll continue putting more blame there instead of any QB. If we had a modern offense and the qb was still making mistakes like he is now, then yea hebderserves all the blame. But this BS isn't modern at all except for 1 game.

I haven't seen Emory light **** up the way other freshmans do throughout the country and even the way TVD did his freshman year.

And thats not to slight Emory. Thats to point out, that's 2 qbs who haven't done **** in this offense.

If were expecting Drake Maye to forego the draft and come play his senior season for Cristibal in order for this offense to be competent, were ****ed.
I would love just one week to see some tosses or stretches plays or outside zones or anything requiring the RB not to run directly up the middle.

I would love just one week to see some tosses or stretches plays or outside zones or anything requiring the RB not to run directly up the middle.
Is that honestly too much to ask for? Like idc if Mario wants to run in 40 times a game. Thats great.

But put the players in a position to succeed doing that.

I can't imagine how excited a DC is when they see us on the schedule rn. Game prep is like a kindergarten coloring lesson.

To me, it seems like common sense if you want to run down the pipe, spread out the defense. If you want to run outside, then bunch them up to create space outside. We do the inverse of that only.

He was great in half the games he played in 2021 as well. CIS just conviently forgets that part. He's been inconsistent for 3 years.

How many points did the offense score in 2021 in the games you would consider him not great?

Was it 6 points?

Advertisement
How many points did the offense score in 2021 in the games you would consider him not great?

Was it 6 points?
So one idiot changes my post from not great, to played bad. Now you are changing it to the amount of points the offense scored? Is my college different?

Advertisement
Gattis has nothing to do with the **** poor playcalling in 2023

Was it Gattis calling all of the first down inside zone runs straight into the FSU run blitz everytime in the 2H?

Was it Gattis showing absolutely zero redzone creativity outside of Texas AM?
Dawson was forced to be ultra conservative because he can’t trust TVD and he is playing a true freshman QB against the two best defenses on our schedule! Also Emory was struggling throwing the ball the FSU game.

Him not being able to trust TVD boils down to what I said. Gattis poisoned TVD’s football playmaking/potential

Patrick Towles stats....check out the Interceptions and take a guess who his OC was in 2015 lol

Screenshot_20231116_201228_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Back