TVD and our OCs

fraggle

Senile Senior
Forget 2022 but think on 2021. Lashlee ran a wide open lots of receivers rapid attack offense and TVD was as good as any QB in the nation. Skip 2022 and jump to 2023, our OL is supposed to be a strength yet our coaches have no faith in it so they keep an RB and lots of 2 TE but there to block put the onus on our wide outs to get open versus lots of double coverages. TVD had to react quickly in 2021 but had lots of options. TVD CAN find an open receiver but he cannot create an open receiver so he passes into tight coverages. For the life of me I cannot understand why we haven't used Chris Johnson, Riley Williams out to receive passes giving TVD more options and have the OL do their job since they are a STRENGTH! Someone send Dawson the "Offense for Dummies" book. When is the last innovative play we've run.

In another area, I cannot remember a blocked kick, does anyone expect X to score returning punts? Does our return game scare anyone? Our kicker is great but our holder has screwed up 3 kicks (or the center's hike).

We are so vanilla and predictable DC's must love scheming to play us. WHY! We scared we might lose...Hurricanes play balls to the wall who gives a **** unpredictable hard nose football...whoops, used too! If the offense screwed up the defense fixed it and if the defense got beat the offense got it right back...I think our defense is there with a few adjustments, we play prevent on 3rd and 4th and long and get beat. We should be attacking and then if we get beat applaud the other team not beat ourselves.

Remember this punt, do we need one "C'MON MAN" for this year

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly… without looking at film I don’t remember what exactly TVD did in 21.
But I do remember 22 and his lack of consistency and poor reads. CIS blamed it on Lashlee then Gattis. So I guess Dawson sucks too… But my eyes don’t lie to me… TVD’s job is to find open receivers… progressions he doesn’t employ.

Advertisement
If you have to ask a stupid question in a snarky way. Google.com is a better source. Take care.
we both know your *** got caught saying stupid ****. TVD started nine games in 2021, threw for 2900 yards, 25 TDs and 6 INTs. 160 QB rating. Miami went 6-3 in those games with all three losses three points or less. TVD maybe had 2 bad games. You hate the team so much that you just completely make up **** to take a dump on them.

we both know your *** got caught saying stupid ****. TVD started nine games in 2021, threw for 2900 yards, 25 TDs and 6 INTs. 160 QB rating. Miami went 6-3 in those games with all three losses three points or less. TVD maybe had 2 bad games. You hate the team so much that you just completely make up **** to take a dump on them.
K.

Which games in 2021 are you claiming were bad?

UVA & UNC for sure....I'd also say FSU was an up and pretty down performance that year.

We also can't discount just how much Rambo and Harley bailed him out and made great plays on not so great passes.

We're so starved for great QB play that when we got average to above average at times play the fanbase collectively got ahead of ourselves on TVD being the next coming.

The national media just looked at the numbers/highlight reels and didn't actually watch full games so they started to parrot Miami's 1st rd QB who truly never was.

Back to the drawing board we go.

UVA & UNC for sure....I'd also say FSU was an up and pretty down performance that year.

We also can't discount just how much Rambo and Harley bailed him out and made great plays on not so great passes.

We're so starved for great QB play that when we got average to above average at times play the fanbase collectively got ahead of ourselves on TVD being the next coming.

The national media just looked at the numbers/highlight reels and didn't actually watch full games so they started to parrot Miami's 1st rd QB who truly never was.

You hate Miami.

Advertisement
Angry Hate GIF

the only "bad" game TVD had in 2021 was the UNC game. UVA was his first start vs a power 5 team. 15/29 for 203 yards, 1TD 0 turnovers isn't bad. It's what you expect for a freshman in his first start vs a power 5 team. As a True Freshman, TVD played in 1 game and had two passing attempts. The bad QB in 2021 was King, not TVD. CWAY is full of ****. TVD played remarkable in 2021 as a freshman taking over during the season behind a ****** offensive line, no running game, although he did have Rambo. And the argument could be made that TVD helped Rambo instead of the other way around.

In 2021, Rambo vs:

Alabama 7 receptions 34 yards 0 TDS
App St. 5 receptions 52 yards 0 TDS
Mich. st. 12 receptions 156 2 TDS
Central Conn. 2 receptions 46 yards 0 TDS

Other than MSU, Rambo cooked with TVD as his QB. Not at Oklahoma with Riley and two heisman qbs. But with TVD.

I get it. TVD has completely **** the bed in 2022 & and after A&M this year, but to say that half of his games in 2021 were bad is complete dog **** as well.

Advertisement
the only "bad" game TVD had in 2021 was the UNC game. UVA was his first start vs a power 5 team. 15/29 for 203 yards, 1TD 0 turnovers isn't bad. It's what you expect for a freshman in his first start vs a power 5 team. As a True Freshman, TVD played in 1 game and had two passing attempts. The bad QB in 2021 was King, not TVD. CWAY is full of ****. TVD played remarkable in 2021 as a freshman taking over during the season behind a ****** offensive line, no running game, although he did have Rambo. And the argument could be made that TVD helped Rambo instead of the other way around.

In 2021, Rambo vs:

Alabama 7 receptions 34 yards 0 TDS
App St. 5 receptions 52 yards 0 TDS
Mich. st. 12 receptions 156 2 TDS
Central Conn. 2 receptions 46 yards 0 TDS

Other than MSU, Rambo cooked with TVD as his QB. Not at Oklahoma with Riley and two heisman qbs. But with TVD.

I get it. TVD has completely **** the bed in 2022 & and after A&M this year, but to say that half of his games in 2021 were bad is complete dog **** as well.
Making excuses 3 years later is dog****. 🤡

The fact that Lashlee's scheme allowed to undrafted WRs to "bail" out a QB is the Beauty in itself.

Yall focusing on TVD too much. Same TVD put up good numbers with a modern scheme. Two years later, same TVD looks like *** juice.

Ladies and gentleman, it is the same player. Just like Bo Nix looked like *** at Auburn, and now he is a Heisman candidate at Oregon.

Certain schemes will make players look good and certain schemes will make those same players look bad, vice versa.

Yall can waste all the time in the world arguing about TVD's talent, but who gives af. The main issue is scheme.

The fact that Lashlee's scheme allowed to undrafted WRs to "bail" out a QB is the Beauty in itself.

Yall focusing on TVD too much. Same TVD put up good numbers with a modern scheme. Two years later, same TVD looks like *** juice.

Ladies and gentleman, it is the same player. Just like Bo Nix looked like *** at Auburn, and now he is a Heisman candidate at Oregon.

Certain schemes will make players look good and certain schemes will make those same players look bad, vice versa.

Yall can waste all the time in the world arguing about TVD's talent, but who gives af. The main issue is scheme.
Screenshot_20231116_093000_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231116_093028_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116_093054_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_093054_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back