TVD’s Time to Shine

Nobody on this site was in TVDs corner more than me at the beginning of last yr....All I heard was Garcia this, Garcia that....I kept saying don't sleep on this kid...People in the know were telling me he soaks up coaching like a sponge....
8B342DEF-B133-454F-A563-17EF99ADB9E9.gif

Advertisement
I started a long thread last MAY (long before the season) stating he was better than King and needed to start against Alabama. People called me crazy.

After he second start against UVA, I said he was the next Josh Allen. People laughed and called for García

The guys talent jumps off the screen and it’s easy to say. He has every single intangible you want in a QB, including great size, and his ball placement is elite
I actually specifically remember your post and thinking oh boy they're gonna come for him big time

TVD had the best passing season statistically in UM history last year despite only starting 9 games. A full season would have obliterated every single UM passing record.

Hopefully he gets a chance to do so this year.

We have a lot of talent right now, and lots of room to grow. When I look at our backfield, and I hear about all of the strides we are making there, I get crazy excited. Knighton is absolutely electric in the open field...Parrish, Franklin, Citizen, and Chaney coming off injury, WOW.

WR, we have some crazy speed right now, its going to be fun to see how we use all of these guys. I like Ladson to be a dark horse here, with the freshman TE to make some waves also!

Advertisement
I think our tight end play will hopefully cover up some of the potential weaknesses of not having a true #1 receiver. That being said....one of these WRs could break out (Key, Restrepo, George, Ladson, etc.) and this becomes a moot point.

The heisman finalist quarterbacks had elite receiver talent. Jameson Williams and metchie(not elite but very good), Jordan Addison, and stroud had Wilson olave and jsn. If Tyler is a heisman finalist this season I’d say he’s either a god or one or two of our guys break out into all ACC level

Nobody on this site was in TVDs corner more than me at the beginning of last yr....All I heard was Garcia this, Garcia that....I kept saying don't sleep on this kid...People in the know were telling me he soaks up coaching like a sponge....
I was in neither corner having not seen either play...How can you be in anyone's corner unless you are out there at practices?

Advertisement
We now have a wealth of talent in the area Championship Miami used to be known for QB's..... Its really been a while.

Having good QB's in the program elevates everything around them and pays great dividends with recruiting.

Wishing TVD the best year possible .....and hoping Garcia continues the upward trend.

Can’t wait to watch him ball out this year. I’m hoping the defense is good enough to not blow games so we can make the ACC Championship game.

That throw for a first down on 3rd and long from 8 yards deep in the end zone was big boy stuff. **** most pro quarterbacks don't throw that pass. Usually dump it to the TE or RB at the 5 and get some room to punt.

It was crazy how you could watch TVD progress and improve week by week. His first two P5 starts vs UVA and UNC were a little shaky, but he dropped in a few nice plays. After that it was off to the races. Even vs VT, people criticize and say he was sub 60% completion, but that game was played in a monsoon, and he still averaged 10.8 YPA! And he wasn't doing it on all bubble screens going the distance either, dude was pushing that ball downfield. That's averaging a first down every time he drops back, in horrible weather? Absolutely insane. He's going to be an absolute gem in the draft next year

Advertisement
This is just too much excitement for me. I’m gonna get a cardiovascular exam before the season starts…

Advertisement
Great story from practice yesterday. Ferman and Shodell shared it in their daily podcast.
Apparently they were working a drill where the TE lined up next to the QB and they did some blocking drill. It was Garcia’s turn but the TE who was up was not there when Garcia was ready. Apparently TVD sprinted from where he was talking to Ponce and lined up as the TE next to Garcia and told him to go. The coaches promptly stopped the play but I think it just shows why the whole team respects him and the kind of leader he is. He k ew they needed to keep the rhythm and pace of practice and he just jumped in.

Advertisement
Back