TV Ratings for the National Championship Game.....

Peruche

Sophomore
Premium
What do you guys & gals think.....

Does Georgia vs Alabama TV ratings go up or down compared to previous National Championship Games.....

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
E$ECPN miscalculated this time. Sure, the huge Atlanta numbers will help, but the past tactic of making Alabama the Patriots of CFB is nowhere near as strong because of recent politics. Politics? Truth be told, E$ECPN has used 'Bama as a lightning rod or getting the casual fan to tune in, one who wants to see "that backward, redneck state" (and all that entails) get it's comeuppance. Daniel Tosh has two of his funniest bits playing on the stereotype.

Lo and behold, we had a special election which got huge media attention for months and one whose results painted Alabama in a different light to many casual fans predisposed to Alabama hating.

I just don't see the interested for an ulterior motive numbers being anything close to the past. As for the casual fans? Steely Dan said it best:

[video=youtube;2A0wGO3c2T8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0wGO3c2T8[/video]

Advertisement
LSU ba alambama was one of the lowest rated championship games in the BCS. But they had already played earlier that season so who knows. Tend to think that despite what ESPN promotes, most of the country aren’t big fans of th SEC

I can't remember being less interested in a national title game. First time I can remember not really wanting to watch.

Down is my guess, I'm giddy with anticipation of hearing Tom Rinaldi do a titillating story on Saban...again.

Advertisement
thru the roof
we all will be watching..

SEC ships are always above other games and they play at 4pm....
so this will be a highly rated game could be best ever

Advertisement
DOWN! Two teams from the same region is never good thing for viewership. They will try to drum up the master vs pupil angle but ppl aren't going to care. Everyone is tired of Bama and the SEC.

Advertisement
As soon as the Sugar Bowl ended last night Georgia gained a few million more fans for next week. I know that.

No interest in this game at all. We all know how this ends. Clemson last year was an aberration . Unless you’re some chitkicker, sister kissing, turkey gobbler redneck, who cares. These yahoos have ruined CFB and the Powers That Be let them do it. Disgusting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back