TV Ratings for the National Championship Game.....

Advertisement
I have two jobs, so I won’t make time to watch. I was excited to see mayfield vs one of those Ds. I was a whining baby in my house when it was clear baga was gonna win.

There’s literally nothing I care about less in football than a red SEC team winning another ship.

Advertisement
There’s a story line here; but honestly, I’m not watching this. The fact that Bama is here irks the ish out of me b/c they didn’t win their conference OR DIVISION. This SEC bias crap has been going on for way too long. I don’t mind if a SEC team makes it, but stop w the all SEC national championship games when a team is not deserving; same back in 2012 or so when LSU faced Bama in the BCS title game and Bama didn’t win the division or conference and LSU already beat them in the season. Mark Emmert gotta go and this sham of a CFP committee gotta go too.

How could you be a fan of college football and not watch the championship and last game of the year? If Ohio Taint was playing Notre Lame for the natty I would watch! I'd hope the blimp would crash into the stadium but I'd be watching!!!

It's a CANES thing. You wouldn't understand.

Advertisement
There’s a story line here; but honestly, I’m not watching this. The fact that Bama is here irks the ish out of me b/c they didn’t win their conference OR DIVISION. This SEC bias crap has been going on for way too long. I don’t mind if a SEC team makes it, but stop w the all SEC national championship games when a team is not deserving; same back in 2012 or so when LSU faced Bama in the BCS title game and Bama didn’t win the division or conference and LSU already beat them in the season. Mark Emmert gotta go and this sham of a CFP committee gotta go too.
Something has to be done about Mark Emmert and his $EC and Bama bias. It's ruining CFB for the rest of the country. With one team having the kind of advantages Bama and (frankly) that whole conference have at this time, the sport is being ruined. People are sick and tired of watching these schools get a free pass to give their recruits cars, money, and God knows what else while other schools would be buried in NCAA sanctions for anything close to this kind of cheating. The rest of us are getting sick of this BS. "Gotta feed the family", my ***! GET RID OF EMMERT and his damned NCAA!.

I'm watching until the game turns like the 2011 LSU-Alabama Championship game because I think this is how this game will end up. I got 24-10 Alabama.

Advertisement
Something has to be done about Mark Emmert and his $EC and Bama bias. It's ruining CFB for the rest of the country. With one team having the kind of advantages Bama and (frankly) that whole conference have at this time, the sport is being ruined. People are sick and tired of watching these schools get a free pass to give their recruits cars, money, and God knows what else while other schools would be buried in NCAA sanctions for anything close to this kind of cheating. The rest of us are getting sick of this BS. "Gotta feed the family", my ***! GET RID OF EMMERT and his damned NCAA!.

As I think I posted in another thread, his contract is through 2020. Now two things could effect that: If the FBI basketball probe reveals widespread NCAA corruption and the Condoleezza Rice Committee reports back similar findings (even though he formed it to give himself some cover, see Louie Freeh/Pedo State) he is probably terminated early.

Second is the new tax on investment earnings of richly endowed (think BILLION$) private colleges/universities. The big names include mainly basketball ivies, i.e. Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth (along with Richmond). However, Notre Lame and Stanford (along with Rice) who are are FBS/major D1 basketball, are also affected by this tax. Do these privates, joined with others who almost were included (Duke, Wake, Northwestern, Vandy, USC) petition the NCAA for an association "tax" on the other schools not affected, to "level the playing field?" Isn't that the NCAA' mission (LOL)? Emmert could re-buff them, but doing that to the Domers invites a Northeastern media backlash. That is another possible way to get ole Marky Mark to abdicate quickly and avoid a fight which reveals his true colors.

Both are long shots and Saban continues to "roll" for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
The "do girls who go to popular tailgates" metric should be telling. Ask your mothers, sisters and lady friends. If they're not watching or even know about it, you'll get an idea of what the national rating will look like.

Advertisement
I can't remember being less interested in a national title game. First time I can remember not really wanting to watch.

I strongly agree. I don't want either team to win and hope they both at least look lousy.

So you think the last two natl champions from the ACC are playing fairly?

Advertisement
Back