Turnover Chain Cristobal Era

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Advertisement
totally disagree with this

so everyone else gets to keep theirs, some while winning nattys ( bama / uga ), but we gotta get rid of ours when we are the ones that truly popularized it in the first place?

is this supposed to make these kids be more disciplined?

mario better win games, stuff like this is gonna get brought back up in a hurry ala, "oh good thing you got rid of that chain, that really helped losing vs virginia today."

totally disagree with this

so everyone else gets to keep theirs, some while winning nattys ( bama / uga ), but we gotta get rid of ours when we are the ones that truly popularized it in the first place?

is this supposed to make these kids be more disciplined?

mario better win games, stuff like this is gonna get brought back up in a hurry ala, "oh good thing you got rid of that chain, that really helped losing vs virginia today."

The turnover chain was everything that was wrong with the program, all flash no substance. Why would they bring it back?

Advertisement
Get rid of it. Part of the all bark no bite era of Miami football. Lets get back to doing it on the field. It was great the year we were ranked number 2 & winning. Lost it’s luster after that imo.

It’s gone forever - it will only be a memory.

Maybe they’ll keep it in the display area and for recruits to wear in pictures.

That’s the best hope you have.

Mario doesn’t care if you like it or not, it’s gone.

Advertisement
It’s gone forever - it will only be a memory.

Maybe they’ll keep it in the display area and for recruits to wear in pictures.

That’s the best hope you have.

Mario doesn’t care if you like it or not, it’s gone.
Perhaps.

Butch didn't like celebrating by his players when he came aboard in 1995 and greatly tamped that down. Cane Mutiny goes into this in some detail. Anyway, he's against celebrating in a traditional Miami style for years.

Until he wasn't.

He eased back in 2000. The team was now fully his team, they were veterans, and most importantly they were becoming elite. The celebrating was once again allowed.

I suspect something similar might ultimately happen here.

I think I read the last chain we had was like $300k?? If I’m wrong on that, pls correct me. If I’m right, it’s a waste of money especially when it’s worn for a moment. I have no problem w/ props for kids. At the end of the day, a lot of programs have props to celebrate a a momentum shifting play. But $300k?? Nah, it was was cool when it was, but again, I wouldn’t mind seeing some other prop.

What made us look corny in it is getting blown out, still, LITERALLY, forcing the kids to put on them dumb *** rings & the chain, & posing for pictures. Then it just looked awkward, desperate, & low key clownish.
It cost us more than 300k. Add in the embarrassment & loss of reputation, distraction = lack of focus, therefore games. Mandy should have landed at Ringling’s Barnum & Bailey…

Advertisement
It’s just like everything else. When the team is winning, everyone loves it. When the team loses, everyone hates it. The prop makes no difference on whether or not they play well. Getting rid of it is meaningless at best, scapegoating at worst.

Personally, I liked the idea but didn’t care for the execution. It should have been saved for big moments in big games and should definitely not have been brought out in games where they were losing big.

I like the turnover chain but understand getting rid of it. Not really a big deal.

The touchdown rangz on the other hand....get the **** outta here.

Advertisement
As I said in the other thread, I would not mind a fake gold chain prop being put around Sebastian or a cheerleader after turnovers to pump up the crowd.
And as others have said using it as a marketing thing with recruits.

The players gathering around the camera thing I will not miss that much.

As I said in the other thread, I would not mind a fake gold chain prop being put around Sebastian or a cheerleader after turnovers to pump up the crowd.
And as others have said using it as a marketing thing with recruits.

The players gathering around the camera thing I will not miss that much.
I’d actually prefer the cheerleaders to take something off as opposed to putting something on. Maybe a turnover ****y?😂

good riddance...

IMG_20210919_085532.jpg

Advertisement
Back