Turning down bags?

I've always been of the opinion that the big bag game is really relegated to top end talent. 5-star, blue chippers.

I'm sure a few smaller schools pay out for high-end four star guys.

Another thing is the parents themselves. Cam Newtons dad was caught whoring out his son toIll the highest bidder.

Also, sports agents. A guy shows that he is going to be next-level material, sports agents make sure the kid has the dough he needs for needs.

Illegal/impermissible benefits is nothing new in big time college football. We've got caught ourselves.

...Which is why I still say that the creation of minor league football that recruits kids out of high school, pays them, lets them use their likeness with give college football a severe headache.

"Oh, you're offering me $50,000 to come play at college? Minor league is offering me $150k. Plus I can get sponsorships and sign my name for money".

I think the college football situation will come to a head sooner rather than later. We already have seen the NCAA Football Franchise disappear.

Advertisement
YeA in comparison to these two schools and several others Miami Is handing out quarters when the Bagas and UGA’s of the CFB world is handing out hundred dollar bills.

This is the real issue. There is a major disparity in benefits between Alabama, the SEC, select top programs and the rest of the CFB world. Bama simply can and does outpay for a committment and ongoing. Its interesting to see a Ole Miss get caught red handed and gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

IMO, the only way for this to get attention is for the federal Govt to get involved. This is income and Im guessting never reported. I am SURE that IRS will want their cut. I have no idea how the schools or boosters are not reporting the payments and the income is not reported by the recruits or families. Surely the IRS will get involved at some point?!??? Does anyone have any insight on this?

The bags aren't coming from the school, they're coming from boosters (connected or not). So yes, it is "income" but the school's wouldn't be an involved in an IRS probe.

If the schools are somehow complicit in underreporting or non-reporting of income officials at the school with knowledge of a crime might themselves be guilty. Just an educated guess.

I love how people assume that the COmpliance Dept or NCAA doesnt peruse these boards for this type of stuff.

Some of yall are basically the moron posting his stolen goods on Facebook.

why does it matter? theres no verifiable proof on any of these boards

If they cared, then Alabama would have been shut down long ago. Let them read the boards! All we post are new cars by Alabama and FSU commits and describe how they are getting away with murder!

YeA in comparison to these two schools and several others Miami Is handing out quarters when the Bagas and UGA’s of the CFB world is handing out hundred dollar bills.

This is the real issue. There is a major disparity in benefits between Alabama, the SEC, select top programs and the rest of the CFB world. Bama simply can and does outpay for a committment and ongoing. Its interesting to see a Ole Miss get caught red handed and gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

IMO, the only way for this to get attention is for the federal Govt to get involved. This is income and Im guessting never reported. I am SURE that IRS will want their cut. I have no idea how the schools or boosters are not reporting the payments and the income is not reported by the recruits or families. Surely the IRS will get involved at some point?!??? Does anyone have any insight on this?

From a federal tax perspective, the boosters can claim it was a tax free gift, or in the case of Cam Newton, a charitable contribution to his fathers church.

48 was pulled from the game because got an unsportsmanlike like penalty for punching a UGA player. Then when 48 got to the sideline he got into it with a coach and another coach who walked by an apparently said something to him, 48 then was going after that coach who said something 48 didn't like.

go Canes

Advertisement
How often do top 100 recruits get offered money? Do recruits ever turn down a school offering money to sign with a school that is not?

How much whiff do you do? I see you started another thread about Al Golden of all things at 5am. Get a new dealer, this stuff is rotting your brain or cut with meth.

Go Canes!

Sorry man just trying to find out more about the recruiting game and have fun talking Canes during the off season. I don't do drugs. I will go back to just reading and not posting

You be you fellow Cane fan. Any mention of AG makes me start to lose my mind. All good.

Go Canes!

Lol I understand that, those were dark frustrating days. Glad to have CMR at the helm , #6 is on the way! Go CANES!

From a federal tax perspective, the boosters can claim it was a tax free gift, or in the case of Cam Newton, a charitable contribution to his fathers church.

No chance in **** boosters are filing gift tax returns for bribing HS football recruits.

Advertisement
Right now our beloved U doesn't compare to those two teams tonight ... does the difference sway any remaining recruits?

No we getting who we getting....we got the heritage bots ezcept ps2

**** Bro, that is pure speculation and optimism. Nesta likely coming, outside of him, who knows. All 4 AH kids were supposed to visit together in late January, but it's looking like those plans got modified. PS2 & Campbell have announced their official visit slate for January, and we are not on it as of now.

Biggest bunch of dumbfūcks ever post here. Seriously.

Lol. What a day you're having on here. I've never seen so much clueless babble as I have with all the talk about our wealthy alumns dropping bags. Smh all day.

No shlt.

Good thing we don’t do that shlt.

Otherwise, we’d have posters running to their computers ratting us out every chance they got. See the one clown up there? He had to post his JT bullshlt twice. Ask yourself why would anyone do that? See what I mean about dumb fans? We’re blessed with a parking lot full of short buses holding these clowns.

I wasn't in any way implying that we dropped bags. Just making the point that families moving with the kid happens relatively frequently across college football so people shouldn't just assume it's because bags were dropped. Maybe I should have made that more clear.

I'm tired of people blaming every recruiting loss on bags.

I was making that point the other day. Given the fbi investigation of basketball the topic is valid. Some hot shot US Attorney with political amibions in a none football state, like NY, can decide to go after the football money and it is easy pickens. This is not the NCAA. That money is either income or gift. Income would have required a 1099 and gift would require a gift tax return. The players and anyone taking the money could be quilts of income tax evasion - assuming they did not report it. They will flip faster than you can spit claim it was a gift and give fbi names of everyone. Whoever delivered it and all the donors will be targets tforthen. I am willing to bet no tax return of any kind was filed. Heck, you might even build a Rico action against the schools — think of those endowments that could be ceased.

There a perpson limit on tax free gifts, 14 k in 17 I think. Above that the grantor owes gift tax unless they take it against their lifetime exemption. Rich people hate paying taxes. If one donor got popped for gift tax on 200k, they would all stop. Rich dude will spend money but not if he wphas to pay taxes on it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back