Tunmise Adeleye back in the portal again

Atrocious, which brings me great joy. Using the portal as a bandaid of sorts will catch up to Prison Mike soon enough. However, one cannot ignore the fact that he’s been killing the portal and his evals have been nearly pristine - hence their mini turnaround.

I’m not saying be more like them, but rather follow their approach in the sense that a lot of these kids are immediately connected with FSU once they hit the portal. They act fast, they identify their targets, and they make sure they’re first to the table. Urgency at positions of need - we showed it with cohen and Davonte (although I hope we’re not done adding OL or DBs from the portal). Now show it at DT and WR.

You’re basically saying: be like USC… portal + HS

Advertisement
we'll get silver or someone else that will fill that spot well but I do think people on here are underestimating thomas gore just because they see his weight

it's not unheard to see undersized DT's making noise at the college level

You’re basically saying: be like USC… portal + HS
I want to hold off on being strictly like them for now, considering their supposed NIL issues. Something doesn’t make sense, because they keep bringing guys in (and talented ones at that). Curious to see what becomes of it in the next month or so.

Point is we have the resources, we have the available playing time…there just needs to be urgency at specific positions. I do think more players will pop in the portal after the NY6/playoff games, and when they do, we better be ready.

nah certainly no need to freak, but we’re sitting here hoping guys hit the portal while FSU and USC act swiftly regarding their positions of need. USC needed help on D, and they’ve added 2 instant starters already. FSU has added Byers (top o lineman in the portal), Jackson, Bell, Roderick, and now probably Cypress. Those are 4 instant starters at prime positions (OL, TE, DT and DB) and depth, maybe 5 starters if Roderick works his way in there.

The Shemar noise has been lingering for almost a month. I’ll believe it when I see it. I just don’t see many experienced DT’s hitting the portal, and that’s only half the battle. It has to be the point of emphasis moving forward. Cannot rely on maybe’s and potential entries.
Actually Miami got the highest rated portal OL in Cohen.

FSU has to hit portal, Norvell knows that is his only pathway to success. If he doesn't portal well he wont be at FSU long because he cant recruit well enough. Now if he establishes years of success from portal he may be able to parley that into more recruiting success at the high school level.

Currently Miami has 14 TOP 247 players committed
FSU has 5 TOP 247 players committed

Miami has as many top 75 players committed as FSU has top 247 players committed.

if you combine last 2 years:

Miami has 21 TOP 247 players committed

FSU has 9 TOP 247 players committed with their 2nd highest rated one McCall already in the portal.

I want to hold off on being strictly like them for now, considering their supposed NIL issues. Something doesn’t make sense, because they keep bringing guys in (and talented ones at that). Curious to see what becomes of it in the next month or so.

Point is we have the resources, we have the available playing time…there just needs to be urgency at specific positions. I do think more players will pop in the portal after the NY6/playoff games, and when they do, we better be ready.

I’m also a tad leery of the “it’s not sustainable”

There are 2+ routes to building a roster. We are basically saying it’s not sustainable based on pre-NIL and portal madness.

It’ll be interesting to see it play out across the country.

Advertisement

FSU has to hit portal, Norvell knows that is his only pathway to success. If he doesn't portal well he wont be at FSU long because he cant recruit well enough. Now if he establishes years of success from portal he may be able to parley that into more recruiting success at the high school level.

Miami has as many top 75 players committed as FSU has top 247 players committed.

FSU has 9 TOP 247 players committed with their 2nd highest rated one McCall already in the portal.
they can spin all they want but win you win state, and still can’t attract the top talent in Florida, that is concerning.

Right. So Norvell had to choose his Plan B and he did. 3 years in and he’s had success in the portal and it resulted in wins this year. We’ll see if he can keep it up to a point where FSU can recruit itself. **** em. Just win.

Advertisement
we'll get silver or someone else that will fill that spot well but I do think people on here are underestimating thomas gore just because they see his weight

it's not unheard to see undersized DT's making noise at the college level
I don't think it's people underestimating Gore it's just we have no run stoppers at DT. After UNC set a record on us a couple years ago and FSU just ran counters last year we need at minimum 2 NT. We have seen first hand way to many times of what an all pass rushing squad and no run stoppers bring you. Kendrick Norton Is the last one I can remember that was solid.

@PIPO is right, y'all need to relax. We got a fuccin closer now!

View attachment 221188
Hitting Ryan Dempster GIF by MLB Network

Advertisement
Right. So Norvell had to choose his Plan B and he did. 3 years in and he’s had success in the portal and it resulted in wins this year. We’ll see if he can keep it up to a point where FSU can recruit itself. **** em. Just win.
I can’t see hitting the portal being the better option as you have kids coming in already molded by a prior program. So not just bad habits, but bad attitudes will need to be broken down in order to get a team mentality established. I think that you can achieve that better by having like minded kids show up on campus together and learn from the older guys (assuming that they have their **** together). In our instance, it seems as if the older guys were the ones that had the bad habits, and figure as much considering how much we relied on the portal with Manny. Just don’t think it’s a sustainable recipe for success. A combination of a couple of brown men coming in to tip the scales is probably better than relying on it.

Atrocious, which brings me great joy. Using the portal as a bandaid of sorts will catch up to Prison Mike soon enough. However, one cannot ignore the fact that he’s been killing the portal and his evals have been nearly pristine - hence their mini turnaround.

I’m not saying be more like them, but rather follow their approach in the sense that a lot of these kids are immediately connected with FSU once they hit the portal. They act fast, they identify their targets, and they make sure they’re first to the table. Urgency at positions of need - we showed it with cohen and Davonte (although I hope we’re not done adding OL or DBs from the portal). Now show it at DT and WR.

I mean....we did. Adeleye and Donte. Adeleye is a miss but Donte is in play. We were on both immediately and got them on visits. Can't sit back though we need to keep pressing both positions but I wouldn't say it's due to lack of preparedness.

Edit to add a mention of Gore at DT

Advertisement
I can’t see hitting the portal being the better option as you have kids coming in already molded by a prior program. So not just bad habits, but bad attitudes will need to be broken down in order to get a team mentality established. I think that you can achieve that better by having like minded kids show up on campus together and learn from the older guys (assuming that they have their **** together). In our instance, it seems as if the older guys were the ones that had the bad habits, and figure as much considering how much we relied on the portal with Manny. Just don’t think it’s a sustainable recipe for success. A combination of a couple of brown men coming in to tip the scales is probably better than relying on it.

Manny couldn’t coach, develop or control the locker room. There was a flood of people out of FSU when Norvell got there. We laughed. There will be 20 Canes in the portal fleeing the ship as we turn over the roster.

Many of our best players have been from the portal.

Not every portal player will be good, but we have to stop acting like every player in the portal is broken or a JAG, every year.

It’s like free agency vs home grown talent.

It’ll be interesting to watch it, especially if we hit hard on HS talent and can supplement with elite talent or needed depth in the portal.

I don't think it's people underestimating Gore it's just we have no run stoppers at DT. After UNC set a record on us a couple years ago and FSU just ran counters last year we need at minimum 2 NT. We have seen first hand way to many times of what an all pass rushing squad and no run stoppers bring you. Kendrick Norton Is the last one I can remember that was solid.
we also didn't have any linebackers to stop the run.
That appears to be on the way to being fixed

Advertisement
Back