Tuesday, September 1st PractiSe

Advertisement
Was our chance to show off the new offense to the entire country. Strange decision not to put it on ESPN, but I have no idea what the dynamics of the TV deal look like.
Probably ACCN was Already going to televise pre-Covid. This would be a Saturday 12pmer any other year. ACCN probably told big brother to **** if.

Advertisement
@OrangeBowlMagic get in here and serve me up that *** sandwich.

LMAO I was gonna let you slide, good sir. Hate being right on this one.

But honestly after we posted yesterday I looked harder into it and I really did think it'd be on the deuce. I'd love to know WTF they're showing over our game on ESPN2 because I'm pretty sure it won't be the NBA, so what the **** pulls bigger ratings than the first P5 game of the season when the world is starved for football????

But honestly after we posted yesterday I looked harder into it and I really did think it'd be on the deuce. I'd love to know WTF they're showing over our game on ESPN2 because I'm pretty sure it won't be the NBA, so what the **** pulls bigger ratings than the first P5 game of the season when the world is starved for football????

the US Open semifinals

I know our DEs are talked about a ton but one thing that I'm cautiously optimistic about is our strength up the middle. Nesta, Ford, and Miller are gonna be solid. Jennings seems to have emerged at MLB. For me the key is safety - we need Bubba to be healthy and Gurvan to take that next step and we could really have something this year.

Advertisement

I would have placed a large wager that they'd at least have us on ESPN2. Unless there's some contractual interplay of which we are unaware that requires this move, it's really stupid on ESPN's part.

I know our DEs are talked about a ton but one thing that I'm cautiously optimistic about is our strength up the middle. Nesta, Ford, and Miller are gonna be solid. Jennings seems to have emerged at MLB.

I'm in "prove it" mode at DT and MLB. They'll be solid. But will they be dominant?

I still remember when Kuligowski saif Ford was the best DT in the nation in 2016. And Silvera was a 5-star/high-4-star coming out of STA.

As far as MLB, Jennings is a poor man's Shaq until proven otherwise. Again, will be just fine against most in-the-box situations. But when Clemson OC takes a look at his limitations, I feel like he'll exploit a lot of mismatches.

Net/net, I'll believe it when I see it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm in "prove it" mode at DT and MLB. They'll be solid. But will they be dominant?

I still remember when Kuligowski saif Ford was the best DT in the nation in 2016. And Silvera was a 5-star/high-4-star coming out of STA.

As far as MLB, Jennings is a poor man's Shaq until proven otherwise. Again, will be just fine against most in-the-box situations. But when Clemson OC takes a look at his limitations, I feel like he'll exploit a lot of mismatches.

Net/net, I'll believe it when I see it.
Every thing is "until proven otherwise".

Every thing is "until proven otherwise".

Sure. But I think Bolden, Hall, Roche, Harvey and Blades have passed that test. And Phillips was an animal last year just not allowed to play. There were reports he was unstoppable in practice (though admittedly against an Enos/Barry offensive line).

My point being that DE, S, 1 CB spot, we know we're in good shape. Ivey, Jennings and the DTs need to show us more.

Sure. But I think Bolden, Hall, Roche, Harvey and Blades have passed that test. And Phillips was an animal last year just not allowed to play. There were reports he was unstoppable in practice (though admittedly against an Enos/Barry offensive line).

My point being that DE, S, 1 CB spot, we know we're in good shape. Ivey, Jennings and the DTs need to show us more.
I hear you. I was mostly commenting on the overall play as unit. We still have questions. Like last year, I'm cautiously optimistic. But I can't be convinced until I see it.

Advertisement
Back