Official Tuesday Media: OC Shannon Dawson & DC Lance Guidry

My takeaways from each of the interviews:
1) Shannon Dawson
- TVD is the guy. Extremely accurate and picks up things fast.​
- He seems very intrigued by Browns skillset. Said he's got everything.​
- Will take it slow with Emory.​
- Grew up watching the canes of old and has to pinch himself that he's at the U.​
- Knocked it out of the park with Beard and Harris Jr. as position coaches.​
- Adapts scheme to players on roster.​
- Has an idea of who will be the go to WR but won't say who (my guess is X).​
My initial take: breath of fresh air compared to Gattis who seemed **** bent on running his scheme. I'll wait and see but early reviews are positive.
2) Lance Guidry
- He embraces being cajun lol.​
- Kam - really intelligent, bell cow of the defense, will ask him to do even more.​
- Caleb Spencer - young, don't know a lot yet.​
- Fell in love with the old Miami teams with how they played and the swagger.​
- Very excited for JT to be leading the D Line. Called him a future D Coordinator at the college or NFL level.​
- Called Derek Nicholson special and a future DC as well. He shoutout Addae as well.​
- 4-2-5 is base D.​
- Loves giving pregame speeches (can't wait).​
- Calls Mauigoa a natural player. :)
My initial take: he oozes passion and energy. This guy gets you fired up. Can't wait to see what he does with this defense.

"Grew up watching the canes of old and has to pinch himself that he's at the U."

Love it

This is the attitude I've been waiting for. Fresh ideas but excited to be part of history.

Advertisement
Don’t know if it was intentional or not but he was describing Gattis to a tee when he said “schemes are adaptable humans are not” and he kept going on about some coaches trying to force their schemes
I thought of Goatass too when he added they are hard headed

I didn’t understand anything Guidry said for the fist 60 seconds (hyperbole). That Cajun accent is something. It‘s like listening to the defensive coordinator in the movie Waterboy.
I‘m optimistic about both coordinators. Both seem to be scheme guys who also enjoy coaching. I never felt the last 2 coordinators enjoyed being at UM or even seemed to enjoy their jobs anymore.
**** as long as the players understand him and play their asses off to win.
Bring on the wins baby!!!... just win..

It's so refreshing to see a staff of gritty up-and-comers, truly excited by the opportunity, prepared to put in the work, and on a mission to prove something. Mistakes will be made, but IMO this is a way better strategy than accumulating a gaggle of flashy names.

Advertisement
What? I don't pay attention anymore to Spring ball. Its the old banana in the tailpipe season.
Y'all get hyped, predict 14-0 and look for a ticket to the semi's. I'm sitting back and waiting for the TAMU game.

Likely to get *** raped then y'all come out and scream bloody murder. Miami is a 7-5 squad yearly until proven otherwise.
So, why get excited about two coordinators I have no idea who their names are, don't care, and haven't done anything HERE to make a reasonable inference about success?

The Fla Panthers with Paul Maurice coaching them are far more exciting to watch night in and night out that Neanderball until they prove otherwise.

Talk tome in October. I no longer have season Tix to Miami games. Not worth the mental anguish watching good talent get wasted by mentally inept coaches year in and year out.

What? I don't pay attention anymore to Spring ball. Its the old banana in the tailpipe season.
Y'all get hyped, predict 14-0 and look for a ticket to the semi's. I'm sitting back and waiting for the TAMU game.

Likely to get *** raped then y'all come out and scream bloody murder. Miami is a 7-5 squad yearly until proven otherwise.
So, why get excited about two coordinators I have no idea who their names are, don't care, and haven't done anything HERE to make a reasonable inference about success?

The Fla Panthers with Paul Maurice coaching them are far more exciting to watch night in and night out that Neanderball until they prove otherwise.

Talk tome in October. I no longer have season Tix to Miami games. Not worth the mental anguish watching good talent get wasted by mentally inept coaches year in and year out.

bro...

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 6.06.53 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 6.06.46 PM.png

Advertisement
Remember you also mentioning about the culture changing. Since the season started there has been multiple people speak out about how healthy the culture is currently. This coming from players and coaches and even noticed by recruits.
I will say it seems like it’s no longer lip service either. Seems like the guys here now are fully bought in to what is going on and the method to the madness. That being said to me, the only way to see that truly being the case is continued effort and handling business. Not allowing the GT’s and UVA’s to derail your season. These type of teams need to be handled and not left in games for something crazy to happen at the end. Every time we have seen success on some level over the last 20 years, that has always been the downfall. The let down against teams that are significantly inferior. Granted I know there will be games that will inherently be more difficult for one reason or another but one of the things that makes Bama, Georgia, and all the major powers at the moment what they are is leaving no doubt in the games that should be easy W’s. Take care of business for the games that should be wins and get ready for dogfights against Clemson and FSU

I love listening to both of them each week. Guidry seemed a little more intense this time but that could also be them dealing with the injuries and all that comes with it. Dawson is an open book and if our ******* beat writers could ask a decent question we would get such knowledgeable responses. It’s always ‘Shannon the run game, talk about it’

Bump from March
Dude. Thanks for this. I missed it the first go around. That cat Dawson gets it. We're gonna run to make bigger plays on passes. After A&M I can see the method to his madness. TVD is the man. And the offense runs from him. Fun times ahead. I haven't slammed my hands on the coffee table in joy that much in a while last weekend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back