Trying to understand offensive schemes…

Advertisement
Andy Reid admits to stealing plays from the high school and college ranks…

I think you should always look at the top red zone teams to see what plays they run to maybe add
Andy Reid is another who openly treats his offense like a lab! They are creative from THE TOP DOWN! He has a session in practice where he lets his players suggest plays and they work on them! That is what I mean when I say it has to be built into the DNA of the organization. It has to literally be the fabric of "the CULTURE"

I have an article from yearsssssss ago (looked it up, 2013-17!!!!!!!, A DECADE AGOI!!!) where it talked about Reid hiring Brad Childress (former NFL HC of Vikings) to basically be a college/high school spread analyst. He had Brad hunting down the best plays in the lower levels and bringing the concepts to him! We have NOTHING like that here, lol.. Its not part of our culture..

Andy Reid is another who openly treats his offense like a lab! They are creative from THE TOP DOWN! He has a session in practice where he lets his players suggest plays and they work on them! That is what I mean when I say it has to be built into the DNA of the organization. It has to literally be the fabric of "the CULTURE"

I have an article from yearsssssss ago (looked it up, 2013-17!!!!!!!, A DECADE AGOI!!!) where it talked about Reid hiring Brad Childress (former NFL HC of Vikings) to basically be a college/high school spread analyst. He had Brad hunting down the best plays in the lower levels and bringing the concepts to him! We have NOTHING like that here, lol.. Its not part of our culture..

I think too many coaches are too stubborn with wanting to be handcuffed to a scheme or an identiy

In college especially with players graduating and with the new portal era being able to be simple, innovative, and aggressive are huge keys to success.

Too many Goldens/Doritos out there and not enough Reids or Kiffins

As alluded… we don’t counter to team’s adjustments to what we do very well.

So it’s not much that our scheme is bad but more of… we do this, they show us that and we don’t then do something to counter what they’ve shown either fast enough or at all. IMO
Agree 100% watching fsu blitz a safety on almost every play in the second half and not throwing deep to that part of the field drove me nuts and when tvd had completed 2 back shoulder throws in a row was screaming time to do a stutter step and go for an easy touchdown instead we try another back shoulder and almost get an interception

Advertisement
It has **** to do w/ better players. lol. Texas A&M had “better players” and ran an archaic system. UW doesn’t have “better players” and run up yards. It’s called coaching & scheme. I can literally run a side by side slide of what we run v. Texas and it’s night and day different.

And lol at u bringing up Leach; we’re talking UT vs. Miami, so pls stop bringing up **** that doesn’t matter.
You can tell who knows football. Rell obviously watches and understands. Any one who disputes what is written above is lost.

Advertisement
Back