True or False

The GT loss would sting much more if the 12 team playoff was implemented this year

• True

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • False

Votes: 39 68.4%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean I was thrilled about our 4-0 start as much as anyone but were people really thinking playoffs before we played UNC/FSU/Clemson etc?

That’s wild
Yes, playoffs and we are arguably one of the best teams in the country were everywhere. These idiots saw the Temple game and thought we arrived.

Screenshot_20231010_141509_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, playoffs and we are arguably one of the best teams in the country were everywhere. These idiots saw the Temple game and thought we arrived.
Yeah I mean the main reason I was getting so hype about everything is frankly because you know we aren’t a power team yet and it can all be over in a blink

So celebrating the moments but realizing big picture we can’t start talking about those next steps until we start beating the UNCs/FSUs etc

Apparently this guy thought the season ended after GT? How do you reason with that logic?

Advertisement
Does it really matter how much worse it feels?

On a scale, does 8/10 pain hurt worst than a 6/10 pain? Sure. But will Oxy-10 (winning) make both pains sink to 0/10? Yes.
In the end, an L is an L--some weirder than others.

Yeah I mean the main reason I was getting so hype about everything is frankly because you know we aren’t a power team yet and it can all be over in a blink

So celebrating the moments but realizing big picture we can’t start talking about those next steps until we start beating the UNCs/FSUs etc

Apparently this guy thought the season ended after GT? How do you reason with that logic?
Season didn't end just the harsh reality set in that team/ coaching still are mid and not elite.

I didn't fall asleep until maybe 4am on Sat night/Sunday morning, and I wasn't even at the game. I was in my bed by midnight, and did log-rolls until 4 at best. If it stung any more than it did then, are you saying I'd still be awake from Saturday?

Advertisement
Season didn't end just the harsh reality set in that team/ coaching still are mid and not elite.
Yeah we still aren’t good enough to just take the field and win games. Never anticipated losing a game in that fashion though that’s for sure

We can still do some damage though but wild to me to talk playoffs I guess

My peniz stung bad one time after a long weekend started at The Rat and ending with some ***** in a snow storm in West Kendall, but I don't think that's the sting you're referring to.
This team was 5-7 last year and turned over half the roster. Unless you've only experienced football through the lens of EA Sports, that's not a recipe for immediate success at PLAYOFF level. Some people need to throttle back the expectations to a place of sanity....helps prevent peniz sting.

My peniz stung bad one time after a long weekend started at The Rat and ending with some ***** in a snow storm in West Kendall, but I don't think that's the sting you're referring to.
This team was 5-7 last year and turned over half the roster. Unless you've only experienced football through the lens of EA Sports, that's not a recipe for immediate success at PLAYOFF level. Some people need to throttle back the expectations to a place of sanity....helps prevent peniz sting.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Good teams find a way to win when they're not playing well; credit to our guys for fighting through adversity and putting themselves in position to win before being robbed by decisions outside of their control. I'm very proud of them.

In the meantime, let's get back to playing like Miami Hurricanes against UNC and see where that takes us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back