Troy Stellato

Duke is a below average program. They have only been better than .500 in conference twice in the last 25 years. Miami, as much as it has been a struggle since joining the ACC, has been above .500 nine times in 16 years.

If you want to run those numbers, that's cool, sounds good but when that program has beaten us at minimum 4 times during that span, and we need the 20 laterals play to survive and get outta their with a victory, and when that program has won the coastal and gotten to the ACC championship game way before us, and when they've had a qb picked in the 1st round during that span and we havent, and as long as they keep putting out draft picks, im not downing no program, especially a duke football team that has become relevant in a basketball town. And when you have to go back 16years to try and prove a point, that should give you even a better idea of why people asking the question that started my reply, maybe they still trying to view duke thru the stats you just tried to post, how bout you put up stats now that coach cutcliffe has that program built up in a shorter time span than 16 years. One things for certain, guys know 2 things now, they can go their and get playing time and actually go to the nfl as well.

Advertisement
If you want to run those numbers, that's cool, sounds good but when that program has beaten us at minimum 4 times during that span, and we need the 20 laterals play to survive and get outta their with a victory, and when that program has won the coastal and gotten to the ACC championship game way before us, and when they've had a qb picked in the 1st round during that span and we havent, and as long as they keep putting out draft picks, im not downing no program, especially a duke football team that has become relevant in a basketball town. And when you have to go back 16years to try and prove a point, that should give you even a better idea of why people asking the question that started my reply, maybe they still trying to view duke thru the stats you just tried to post, how bout you put up stats now that coach cutcliffe has that program built up in a shorter time span than 16 years. One things for certain, guys know 2 things now, they can go their and get playing time and actually go to the nfl as well.

Ok, you want some stats - here are some stats for you my friend:
Duke
- 2 seasons greater than .500 winning % in ACC in Cutcliffe's 11 years.
- No more than 3 ACC wins in each of the last 3 seasons since Stellato was in HS.
- 5 total Duke players drafted since 2005.....only 1 in the last 4 years.

Miami
- 7 seasons greater than .500 winning % in ACC over last 11 years
- 4, 4, and 7 wins over last 3 years.
- 75 total Miami players drafted since 2005......22 players drafted over last 4 years

Ok, you want some stats - here are some stats for you my friend:
Duke
- 2 seasons greater than .500 winning % in ACC in Cutcliffe's 11 years.
- No more than 3 ACC wins in each of the last 3 seasons since Stellato was in HS.
- 5 total Duke players drafted since 2005.....only 1 in the last 4 years.

Miami
- 7 seasons greater than .500 winning % in ACC over last 11 years
- 4, 4, and 7 wins over last 3 years.
- 75 total Miami players drafted since 2005......22 players drafted over last 4 years

And so what are your stats trying to prove, since you think going back to 2005 is relevant, let me help you out, which program has been more stable during that same time span. Can coach diaz go into any home right now and promise any recruit he's going to be with them for senior day. ****, coach diaz doesnt even know if he'll be able to go over the pro's and con's of turning pro for the 2019 recruiting class God Willing, juniors to be. Which is why this inept a.d. needs to have nothing to do with the football program, the **** has been unstable since the troll got here and the incompetent is using the trolls same castration playbook, that's been one of the biggest problems with recruiting here, having instability at the top, ****'s dont know who coming or going! If you want to keep beating your head against the wall trying to squeeze out stats in this insane analytics era, have at it man, but try not to get to consumed up in a.i., human beings can still think to man!

And so what are your stats trying to prove, since you think going back to 2005 is relevant, let me help you out, which program has been more stable during that same time span. Can coach diaz go into any home right now and promise any recruit he's going to be with them for senior day. ****, coach diaz doesnt even know if he'll be able to go over the pro's and con's of turning pro for the 2019 recruiting class God Willing, juniors to be. Which is why this inept a.d. needs to have nothing to do with the football program, the **** has been unstable since the troll got here and the incompetent is using the trolls same castration playbook, that's been one of the biggest problems with recruiting here, having instability at the top, ****'s dont know who coming or going! If you want to keep beating your head against the wall trying to squeeze out stats in this insane analytics era, have at it man, but try not to get to consumed up in a.i., human beings can still think to man!

You just want to argue for argument's sake, no other reason.

I showed that Miami, even as "down" as it was this year, is on another level than the likes of Duke. 22-1 players drafted in last 4 years. Higher ACC win percentage. When a recruit lists Duke over Miami in a top 12, it shows something is incredibly broken with our recruiting program and/or coaches. Duke is a great basketball school and great University but it's not at Miami's level in football.

You just want to argue for argument's sake, no other reason.

I showed that Miami, even as "down" as it was this year, is on another level than the likes of Duke. 22-1 players drafted in last 4 years. Higher ACC win percentage. When a recruit lists Duke over Miami in a top 12, it shows something is incredibly broken with our recruiting program and/or coaches. Duke is a great basketball school and great University but it's not at Miami's level in football.

LoL, you missed the whole point from the beginning, which is why you keep going in circles chasing your tail!

Advertisement
Question is why? Did we not try all that hard? This is the first i've heard his name on this board but i absolutely love his film.

Duke (109th) and Kentucky (126th) did and neither team can throw the ball as you can see by their national rankings. Nebraska was only 83rd. As bad as Miami was at times, we're 41st.

His name was mentioned quite a bit on this board. He doesn't want to go to Miami...Has nothing to do with how we tried. He had an interview on either this site or 247 talking about how he talks to the coaches said the correct, cliche things about liking coaches, and was offered...About 2-3 weeks laster he put out his list and UM wasn't on it.

Advertisement
Poor kid having to choose from Clemson and OSU.

So who all are you murdering for missing him?

Advertisement
I knew thats why Manny never really went hard after him.

One thing about Manny if you aint doing it in the pads, he doesnt care about your rankings.

Advertisement
runs alot of crossing routes...plays in air raid system that gets him open at Gibbons. Has that straightline speed for sure. Not losing sleep over him ..as we never were really in it in his recruitment. Like George, Alexis better as Broward county wrs in our scheme. He'll do well at Clemson i think. He'll kill in the slot there.

He's a Hunter Renfrow clone, makes sense.

He’s already bigger than Renfrow and ran a legit 4.4. I see where you’re drawing the comparison because he’ll be in the slot right away, but Renfrow was savvy at getting open while Stellato takes short routes to the crib.

Can easily play on the outside once he develops technical skills.

Advertisement
Back