Trotwood (Ohio) vs. University School @3PM on ESPN

What was everyone's impression of Quay Bain? I wasn't as high on him coming into the game as others so his play today was what i expected He's a big kid but raw and doesn't seem to have a great motor or dominate like he should. He does have a good play now and again, but those players with so many lapses always scare me (i think of Forston).

He looks the part, but after getting a better look at him today...OL seems to be his future. Maybe he was injured...but I didn't see the aggressiveness needed for him to play DT.

Advertisement
P
Pass on Bain big time!!!! Forston was 10 times the prospect this kid is

Oh, i agree. Forston was much more talented. I just meant that talent means little when you show such minimal effort at times, especially when you get into college and play better competition. His lack of dedication and motivation is what kept Forston from being great.

You guys need to relax....trust the coaches a bit here. They know a lot more than you I'm regards to this kid.

There's nothing wrong with good debates as long as it's done in a way that isn't blasting kids......i'm not like that and hate when people take personal digs. I just talk football and enjoy studying game tapes and looking at prospects for recruiting and the NFL draft.

As for coaches knowing more than any of us on here.....that's a blanket statement that's not always true. I will say i do trust this staff much more than the last 2. But there are many posters who have extensive football backgrounds either b/c they are former players, they coach, or just study the game. Lu is a perfect example the way he breaks down plays. Recruiting, like the draft, is a crapshoot. I bet there are quite a few "fans" who have praised players that coaches passed on that turned out to be studs, just like i'm sure some fans spoke against recruiting others who came to UM and never met their potential. For instance, many of us were HUGE fans of Ricardo Allen. I know i was personally. Yet Miami passed and now he's a stud CB at Purdue, while the Miami backfield has been average for years.

P
Pass on Bain big time!!!! Forston was 10 times the prospect this kid is

Oh, i agree. Forston was much more talented. I just meant that talent means little when you show such minimal effort at times, especially when you get into college and play better competition. His lack of dedication and motivation is what kept Forston from being great.

You guys need to relax....trust the coaches a bit here. They know a lot more than you I'm regards to this kid.

There's nothing wrong with good debates as long as it's done in a way that isn't blasting kids......i'm not like that and hate when people take personal digs. I just talk football and enjoy studying game tapes and looking at prospects for recruiting and the NFL draft.

As for coaches knowing more than any of us on here.....that's a blanket statement that's not always true. I will say i do trust this staff much more than the last 2. But there are many posters who have extensive football backgrounds either b/c they are former players, they coach, or just study the game. Lu is a perfect example the way he breaks down plays. Recruiting, like the draft, is a crapshoot. I bet there are quite a few "fans" who have praised players that coaches passed on that turned out to be studs, just like i'm sure some fans spoke against recruiting others who came to UM and never met their potential. For instance, many of us were HUGE fans of Ricardo Allen. I know i was personally. Yet Miami passed and now he's a stud CB at Purdue, while the Miami backfield has been average for years.

Sorry, I understand we have knowledgable posters who's opinions I respect a lot. It doesn't mean the staff does not know more about this kid than you do from watching a game on tv and some highlights. They talk to staff, the kid, see him at camps, have him in for visits etc....it's just a fact. So, while he may not have looked impressive, that doesn't mean he can't play and if maybe there are circumstances you are not aware of.

Also, I wasn't trying to insinuate your post was inappropriate.

Just trying to prevent the "he's a bum" conversation from starting up and keep things in perspective.

Last edited:
Scarlett passes the eye test and the name test.

I dunno, dude...

134.jpg

Advertisement
Cunningham with a nice grab.

Cunningham also has #4 DB in the nation on him...no point forcing the ball to him when I am sure they are confident in their other receivers.

Only problem is their other receivers aren't that great. That Soto kid catches the ball, takes three steps, and hits the dirt.

lol think before you talk soto is a d1 player and had a amazing year last year he just transferred from McCarthy and is learning the offense

My thoughts on Bain. I won't throw him to the street watching one game. He looks out of shape and carrying to much fat atm. This will improve as the season progresses and will improve with utough if he comes to Miami. I will not have the opportunity to see him play again this year, so I will have to wait for updates from Pete and Tito on his development. The coaches see something they like about him, unfortunately, he didn't show it to us fans watching yesterday.

Bain is and always has been a project. He's not a football player right now. He's an athlete people project as becoming a D linemen. That doesn't mean you don't take him necessarily...but I'd be a **** of a lot more comfortable if we took a legit D end in this class.

The "trust the staff they know more than we do" comments are absurd. Just shut down this website completely then. Aside from the simple fact that this is a recruiting message board where the sole purpose is to have discussions about our own opinions on players and not simply cheer lead what others say about them, if you've been following recruiting for any period of time whatsoever you know that no staff knows everything. Recruiting and projecting what 17 year old kids will become when they are 22 is extremely difficult for anyone to do regardless of access or expertise. So no, I will not simply "trust the staff" and cease following recruiting completely and developing independent opinions because the University employs people who do this professionally. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back