Trey Sanders Visiting Again This Weekend

He knows he can't compete with Richt in recruiting otherwise, so he has to offer a guy with no offers in the previous class to get the kid.

Seems pretty desperate to me.

Advertisement
I posted on this earlier today on the 247 site in the Sanders thread - I saw Stampini's recap of the visit and it said that there had been a discussion with Mullen, the mother and the two boys about the brother "getting an offer" and what that would mean for Treys recruitment. Have to wonder who was pitching that - the family or Mullen ........ Ivins said he didn't know which side this came from but that he has been hearing all kinds of rumors this 2 for 1 pitch might be happening .....

If they have the roster spots and it can land them a monster running back, seems to me it was a wise move. We get recruits yearly that never pan out and they contribute in various ways as all cannot be starters. Some will transfer out seeking playing time elsewhere.

Sanders, he is good enough to take a chance on the brother, providing your position numbers aren't a mess. Some will say desperation as they already have, but I'm sticking with what I said above.

We'll see what happens.

Advertisement
Of course it matters, it's a waste of a scholarship

If that's what it takes to get him, then I'm perfectly content with getting other RBs

Advertisement
Eh... taking a JUCO LB for two years to fly on special teams to help you land the best RB this year? Doesn't seem dumb to me at all actually.

I agree. If the brother is at least capable of contributing on special teams, then I think it would be a good deal.

Just checked the 247 posts - someone said he was offered as a PWO with the "possibility to earn a scholarship in the fall"

This may sound dumb, but I Kind of feel for Trey - sounding like he may go wherever the brother can get offered ... Maybe he doesn't care but maybe he does ...

Advertisement
nah, yall some bums for this.

We don't ******* need this dude at the cost of some kid that sucks. We are stacking elite RBs. Sanders is great no ******* doubt, But if i gotta offer some scrub to get Sanders, Id rather just stick with getting 2 (or 3 cause one can be an athlete) of Cain, Crowley, McIntosh, and Carter. ...or Wright, or any number of dudes that would KILL to be a Cane.

**** that **** man. we aint in the 2 for 1 business.

Advertisement
Supposedly Sanders' brother was taken by UF as a preferred walk-on.

This isn't, and shouldn't be, a discussion about a scholarship. Offering Sanders' brother as a preferred walk-on should be an obvious no-brainer now.
There going to have too

Was it a year or two again, I seen a YouTube video of some of the top 8th grade teams in the nation, can anyone inform me of who the kid from Florida who wore number 5 is?

Update: It was amari Daniels, class of 2021. Not to hijack, but any news from him?

Advertisement
Back