Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

With Chaney gone..I don’t see a better opportunity than now. I hope the plan isn’t to run Fletcher into the ground. This is the type of game where you let Citizen show you what he’s got. What better time then now? It’s been 2 years. It’s time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he's good to go then **** yea , get him all the burn he can handle against Rutgers... Would love to see it...

While I’ll be the first to say these games are meaningless, the players in the games are still playing them.

I’d love to see a guy like Citizen who has been putting in the work, get a chance to see what he can do in a game setting.

To me, this game is the “right spot” to see Citizen and others get more burn for putting in the work.

Last edited:
While I’ll be the first to say these games are meaningless, the players in the games are still playing them.

I’d love to see a guy like Citizen who has been putting in the work, get a chance to see what he can do in a game setting.

To me, this game is the “right spot” to see Citizen and others get more burn for putting in the work.
In my opinion “ why not “ have him run it , this could be tremendous boost for him and tremendous confidence for the whole team .

I’m all in with getting him in early and platoon him as game goes on.

I betcha he’s chomping at the bit .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Injured in August of 2022 if memory serves. So 1 year and 4 months. He was our starting RB headed into the season according to the guys watching camp.
According to accounts on THIS site ... he had surgery for a very bad knee injury and was making excellent progress. At one point it WAS expected that he would be ready to go for the 2023 season. Then, at some point he had a FREAK ACCIDENT and re-injured the repaired knee. NO idea as to specifics. But apparently that required an additional procedure and he was to a large degree back to square one. IF THAT IS TRUE .. he might be better off waiting until Spring practice for more contact. He was the GEM of Mario's initial recruiting class ... the best RB to sign with UM for a decade and people were chomping at the bit to see him play. Hope he has an OUTSTANDING Miami career ... whether it begins in the Bowl game or the 2024 season against UF.

Injured in August of 2022 if memory serves. So 1 year and 4 months. He was our starting RB headed into the season according to the guys watching camp.
When I said 2 years I meant 2 seasons. Correct, he had won the starting job as a true freshman in fall camp then he gets seriously hurt. Just horrible. I really feel for any player who has gone through this as I feel that there are few who truly realize the level of commitment and the grueling hours that these players put in to be in that position. I'm rooting for TreVonte Citizen like my hair is on fire!

I disagree. Some assumptions at play here obviously.

If he is healthy, earned time and wants to play then yes.

I for one am excited to see him and Chris Johnson
Great point 🎯, I want a display of all our RB to put on a show.
I would love to see 2-3 RB with over 100 yards , let’s send a message we can run it and throw it , deal with it next year 🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
When I said 2 years I meant 2 seasons. Correct, he had won the starting job as a true freshman in fall camp then he gets seriously hurt. Just horrible. I really feel for any player who has gone through this as I feel that there are few who truly realize the level of commitment and the grueling hours that these players put in to be in that position. I'm rooting for TreVonte Citizen like my hair is on fire!

Agree. Can't wait for the to succeed. I just hope his re-injury is no longer a problem . They better not rush him!

The irony is that before Citizen got injured, I posted I did NOT want him as our starter. My main reasoning -- besides being a fan of Don Chaney -- was we had had too many freshmen RB injuries (Duke, Walton, Knighton, Chaney), and I wanted Citizen to get more college S&C before the grind. Then he got injured, and Chaney stayed injured so neither saw they field :(

I really think this one transfers eventually

okay, so that means he's gonna stay and play well.

Go Ahead Yes GIF

I disagree. Some assumptions at play here obviously.

If he is healthy, earned time and wants to play then yes.

I for one am excited to see him and Chris Johnson

I am obviously assuming those things are true. We were told those things were true 2 months ago. Well, except the earned time part. But give him a series and see how he does when the lights are on.

Advertisement
I am obviously assuming those things are true. We were told those things were true 2 months ago. Well, except the earned time part. But give him a series and see how he does when the lights are on.
We were told he is medically clear but IDK if that equates to "healthy" to play football at a high level. I mean no doubt there is rust there then throw in other things we were told such as family issues keeping him away then I think you risk more harm than good just throwing him out there. **** wasnt Cam Rising medically cleared to play before the season started? And they were still in it during the season and he still couldnt come back. Our season was down the ******* before Tre got his clearance and we didnt have a blow out to take all pressure off.

With that said I am firmly in the camp of if he is "football" healthy, give him a few series. I dont like the idea of treating him with baby gloves just for next season. The kid has been without live action in 2 full seasons. The rehab room is a lonely place, dont make him do an entire offseason without at least popping a few pads, for me it is more mental than physical for me wanting him to play. Other obvious reasons such as keeping him from transferring and the fact he is (or was pre injury) very good can be lumped in as well.

In my opinion “ why not “ have him run it , this could be tremendous boost for him and tremendous confidence for the whole team .

I’m all in with getting him in early and platoon him as game goes on.

I betcha he’s chomping at the bit .

GOCANES
I agree. As long as he’s cleared and healthy, they need to get him acclimated back to football. Half dozen carries could do wonders for his confidence going into the spring.

I had really high hopes for this kid, coming out. I thought he would be a star, as I think Kevin Riley is going be a star as well. Such a shame what happened.

Anybody know how he has been looking in practice? Has he lost a step? I’m assuming he has since he’s no getting any burn.

I think he is the best rb prospect we signed for a long long time. I’d love to see him back there with Fletcher for some relief. Though i understand the nature of the injury and some change of scenery

Advertisement
Back