Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
I would NOT play Citizen at all this year period. We’re to screwed up offensively lost our identity and relying on a hero play to win our games including NCST to jeopardize anyone this young man.
we have very low confidence in our O play relying on our D for our wins if D has has a tough game forget it it’s over.

GOCANES

We're not good enough to be worried about saving people for next game, let alone next year. People worried about saving people's shirts when we're at the death with the UVAs and GTs of the world. SMH
Only 4 games left so he could take some snaps in each and still preserve his shirt. That being said, I think caution is the appropriate approach.

Advertisement
I would NOT play Citizen at all this year period. We’re to screwed up offensively lost our identity and relying on a hero play to win our games including NCST to jeopardize anyone this young man.
we have very low confidence in our O play relying on our D for our wins if D has has a tough game forget it it’s over.

GOCANES
Maybe citizen is that hero!!! Cant play scared and shut it down. Hoping dawson and w/e QB get back on track. Instead of conservative i was hoping dawson would go ultra creative and use speed. CJ, Ray ray and B.smith

Maybe citizen is that hero!!! Cant play scared and shut it down. Hoping dawson and w/e QB get back on track. Instead of conservative i was hoping dawson would go ultra creative and use speed. CJ, Ray ray and B.smith
TVD and creativity is a strange brew right now , I feel TVD gets clogged up maybe the receivers can mix it up.
TVD downward spiral hasn’t eased , I would have thought seeing Emory play from the sidelines would have brought a new perspective to TVD it didn’t.
This surprised me it had no affect on TVD game.

My guess is there’s something outside of football that’s got him being off , his progression are very slow and late causing INT .
Way to much thinking he gets clogged QB do not have time to think TVD is very slow in eye hand coordination the windows of opportunity to fast TVD has no field presence at this time .

Outside interference is the cause of this my only guess .

GOCANES

Staff completely mismanaged CJJ this year. Think he played in 4 games already and one of those games he had 1-2 snaps (UNC). If the staff held him back from that game, we’d have him for one more game before he can lose his RS.

I’m sure coaches will go Fletcher/Allen heavy next week. Hopefully Chaney and Parrish are back for nc state. Would be great to get citizen back to at game and ready to go for fsu

RS don’t matter. If a kid is good enough they are leaving for the nfl or transferring. Play the kids who are ready. RS are pretty meaningless these days especially for skill guys who want yo play early and often. Ncaa needs to change the rules and let bowl games not count against total games played.

With seniors and others sitting out bowl games they should let you get kids play without it jeopardizing their RS status.

Advertisement
RS don’t matter. If a kid is good enough they are leaving for the nfl or transferring. Play the kids who are ready. RS are pretty meaningless these days especially for skill guys who want yo play early and often. Ncaa needs to change the rules and let bowl games not count against total games played.

With seniors and others sitting out bowl games they should let you get kids play without it jeopardizing their RS status.
agree... if a kid can help the team, give him the PT, RS be damned.....

Agree 100%. The knock by some on CJJ is that he's 170-175 lbs. Who gives af? Kid is a 10.2 elite sprinter. You know how many kids in cfb weigh <180 that can make plays? A lot. ****, Roscoe Parrish was probably 150 as a RS Fr and he was our PR!

Advertisement
Playing him now will help his confidence going into next year, and won't blow his redshirt. Getting Johnson and Ray Ray more touches, especially on wheel routes wouldn't hurt.

Agree 100%. The knock by some on CJJ is that he's 170-175 lbs. Who gives af? Kid is a 10.2 elite sprinter. You know how many kids in cfb weigh <180 that can make plays? A lot. ****, Roscoe Parrish was probably 150 as a RS Fr and he was our PR!
The Chargers have a rookie (#12, I’m forgetting his name) who no doubt weighs less than CJ. He plays a utility/slot role, but anyway, he’s playing against NFL gargoyles.

Advertisement
I don't see the path to Citizen getting carries right now.

Breaking him in against Top 15 teams like FSU & Louisville doesn't sound like a smart plan to me.

I get we want something more from our RB's - but unless Citizen looks noticeably better than out current RB's in practice - I don't think we have the luxury of using downs "just to see what we got" with Citizen in our upcoming tough matchups.

If we get to the point where the ACCCG is off the table - then seeing him vs BC & Bowl game seems more likely.

The Chargers have a rookie (#12, I’m forgetting his name) who no doubt weighs less than CJ. He plays a utility/slot role, but anyway, he’s playing against NFL gargoyles.

Derrius Davis - he's listed at 165 (but only 5-8 so more compact.

Ajay Allen is listed at 5-11 186 and CJ 6-0 180 so not a huge difference in their builds IMO. Neither are built for 15+ carries, but 3-5 shouldn't be a problem.

In his weekly presser yesterday, Mario said he’s getting up to game speed and they’re going to be very careful as to when/where they get him in a game. I think that’s a very prudent and correct approach
Aka he won’t play unless we have multiple injuries and need him to play.

Advertisement
Back