Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

I know Larry Graham who was close to Prince. Musical genius doesn’t describe him per Larry. He said Prince & MJ were two guys that were so similar w/ their ears, but Prince was a COMPLETE musician.
Prince was beamed down from another solar system. The EVH, MJ, Quincy Jones “Beat It” story is cool. Three savants.

I was lucky enough to see Prince live. Guy was not human.

Advertisement
She was & still is for her age, but unlike other beautiful non-Black actresses who were given roles that show cased their acting skills, Pam was often featured as this “jive talking” *** object, who would also kill a man.

U show me a movie w/ Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Ava Gardner, Sophia Loren, Lynda Carter, Hedy Lamarr, or Lauren BaCall, all beautiful, gorgeous actresses during their prime casted in such roles like Pam was.

Pam is not even that type of person she was portrayed in real life, but those were the roles given.

Advertisement
100% says this 58 y/o white male.

Does age play a role how one views this ?
Age, and the influences around the person when he/she were growing up. There were tons of racist things seen on tv shows back in the day. Most of which was seen as just good tv. Especially the comedy shows. Even the **** cartoons were chock full of racist stereotypes.

I’m 37 and haven’t seen the show. Watched the movie many times. Buckwheat’s character will do anything for a dollar and is supremely loyal. His character is meant to be comedic relief. Though this movie isn’t racist the usage of Buckwheat as “token” is part of what was problematic in Hollyhh
Not sure if serious…. but If you haven’t seen the show, then you really don’t understand what we’re talking about. From the way he spoke, to the clothes he wore, to his hairstyle, wax all based on the worst racial stereotypes of black people. You can’t use a movie that came out in 1994 as a reference.

Bro, pls don’t do this me….please don’t turn me into Relly Rell X on this subject matter. Lol. Notice I said a huge part of the nail on the head & not “thee” nail. Trust me, it’s taking everything in my power not to explain systemic, stereotype casting, & its effects. From The Jim Crow Picaninny type casting, to the Blaxploitation type casting, to the Angry Black Man/Woman type casting…

Imma just leave this matter alone, bruh. Some won’t understand what systemic is, how ingrained & insidious it is.
Facts.

It would legitimately be my honor. My friends who are 20+ yr my senior swear up & down I lived in this world before. Lol. I just tell them I always hung around two things:

1. People who were more knowledgeable than me

2. Books
Pretty much, the Same here, just on different coasts.

Advertisement
I know Larry Graham who was close to Prince. Musical genius doesn’t describe him per Larry. He said Prince & MJ were two guys that were so similar w/ their ears, but Prince was a COMPLETE musician.
Many people don’t realize that Prince did not signed his first contract until he was allowed to do everything including production mixing and engineering for the whole album.
And he didn’t
have a band. He played all instruments and I believe also sang all vocals on his first album.
A total of 27 instruments.

Last edited:
Oh we talking films? This is my bag…Im a young cinephile yet it is so easy for me to recognize how objectively better the movies of the 50s, 60s and 70s were…i think quality decline started around the 80s and never recovered. Speaking of world cinema not just America

just watched two classics in “network” and “all the president’s men.” Network could have been written yesterdaY. Underrated American essential gem “The education of Sonny Carson”
Three African Recs:: Yeelen, Hyenas 92, and Touki Bouki

as far as musicians go my goat is Bob Marley and there is no one close to him in this geneRation
Bob Marley is soooo great that not only his legacies are great artist (Jr Gong being my favorite by far)....that we are now down to his grandkids being div 1 football players....and others being talented as **** musicians....

1 of his grandsons from south florida had a hit recently i still play. The uncanny Bob voice pitch is clear on his grandson.

*Sidenote...H.E.R. is a baddie and great artist

whole video shot in Miami with his Uncle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bob Marley is soooo great that not only his legacies are great artist (Jr Gong being my favorite by far)....that we are now down to his grandkids being div 1 football players....and others being talented as **** musicians....

1 of his grandsons from south florida had a hit recently i still play. The uncanny Bob voice pitch is clear on his grandson.

Great family, super talented. I think one granddaughter Djs as well. I went to school with Oliver Vernon’s wife who is another granddaughter of Bob

sidebar you are on the $$$ with HER lol.

“That’s not true” is one of my favorite songs in a long time

I have an old head ny friend who told me “you peep how Nas and damian marley made music then Hov copied it years later?.” Hahaha the Hov-Nas fan divide Is one of the realest phenomenons ever

giphy-1.gif

Advertisement
Great family, super talented. I think one granddaughter Djs as well. I went to school with Oliver Vernon’s wife who is another granddaughter of Bob

sidebar you are on the $$$ with HER lol.

“That’s not true” is one of my favorite songs in a long time

I have an old head ny friend who told me “you peep how Nas and damian marley made music then Hov copied it years later?.” Hahaha the Hov-Nas fan divide Is one of the realest phenomenons ever
Olivier wife is Rohans daughter. CANE FAM all the way.

Nas and Damian made great music.

I remember seeing Purple Rain when it came out. I liked Prince b4 that movie but absolutely loved him after that. Prince was other worldly. In the 80s, I wondered if he was "b4 his time " if you will, but now I think he was just so much, as you mentioned, a COMPLETE musician that no one else really compares.

That Marley brand coffee is also pretty dang good

Advertisement
Back