Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
I’m 37 and haven’t seen the show. Watched the movie many times. Buckwheat’s character will do anything for a dollar and is supremely loyal. His character is meant to be comedic relief. Though this movie isn’t racist the usage of Buckwheat as “token” is part of what was problematic in Hollyhh

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I'm curious where the progress is on that? Vast majority of their roles seems to have been as pimps or tricks... Is that progression or regression?
One could say pimps and tricks, while derogatory in stereotype, have a little more meat on the character bone than being a non-specific extra without dialogue (for the sole purpose of comic relief). I'd call it a little regressive progression.

Yeah I've had multiple issues with puffy & other a & r throughout the years because of the directions they've guided artists. The problem is for them it's all about sales and exploitation & for the artists none of them have the foresight to comprehend what they're sacrificing to pull in the mighty dollar. Really is a sad industy at the end of the day.
Puff had the vision with JODECI. I gotta give him credit for them.

Advertisement
I don't know, Pam Greer was pretty smokin'...
She was & still is for her age, but unlike other beautiful non-Black actresses who were given roles that show cased their acting skills, Pam was often featured as this “jive talking” *** object, who would also kill a man.

U show me a movie w/ Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Ava Gardner, Sophia Loren, Lynda Carter, Hedy Lamarr, or Lauren BaCall, all beautiful, gorgeous actresses during their prime casted in such roles like Pam was.

Pam is not even that type of person she was portrayed in real life, but those were the roles given.

She was & still is for her age, but unlike other beautiful non-Black actresses who were given roles that show cased their acting skills, Pam was often featured as this “jive talking” *** object, who would also kill a man.

U show me a movie w/ Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Ava Gardner, Sophia Loren, Lynda Carter, Hedy Lamarr, or Lauren BaCall, all beautiful, gorgeous actresses during their prime casted in such roles like Pam was.

Pam is not even that type of person she was portrayed in real life, but those were the roles given.

Still waiting on them to create their off topic board for you to tell your tales of the **** world

John Legen's All of Me, as sappy as it is it will pass the test of time. there are some here and there.

Sure.

And I realize some people may not love that Pharell song, but Pharell is versatile, he's done hip-hop songs, rock songs, you name it.

But in 40 years, someone is gonna be playing that "Happy" song and it's going to get the same kind of reaction it gets now. People liking it, singing along...and it's not profane or sexist or violent in any way.

Advertisement
Puff had the vision with JODECI. I gotta give him credit for them.
Puff most people don't really realize how many artists he's molded. Most don't have a clue cause they only think of him as bad boy and don't realize to this day how many artists that aren't under bad boy that he still manages. But in all the years I've known him I feel like his path has gotten really twisted.

Yeah, I thought all that but it was too long to write. She is still hot though!

Puff most people don't really realize how many artists he's molded. Most don't have a clue cause they only think of him as bad boy and don't realize to this day how many artists that aren't under bad boy that he still manages. But in all the years I've known him I feel like his path has gotten really twisted.
money and fame can bring out the worst in people.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget, those iconic beats…all musical instruments, not machines.
Give Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy a listen Rell. Guys voice is magical. The Rocker, Romeo and the Lonely Girl, whiskey in the jar, Cowboy Song. Unreal voice. The life took him too soon.

I am also a bit of an instrument snob. I prefer instruments over machines. That said, sampling and machines are an art form. I can play a guitar but would not know where to begin with some of the amazing sounds people create with a computer. Just prefer instruments.

And for the mic drop- Prince. Good night and sweet dreams. There are musicians and then there is Prince.

Give Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy a listen Rell. Guys voice is magical. The Rocker, Romeo and the Lonely Girl, whiskey in the jar, Cowboy Song. Unreal voice. The life took him too soon.

I am also a bit of an instrument snob. I prefer instruments over machines. That said, sampling and machines are an art form. I can play a guitar but would not know where to begin with some of the amazing sounds people create with a computer. Just prefer instruments.

And for the mic drop- Prince. Good night and sweet dreams. There are musicians and then there is Prince.

I know Larry Graham who was close to Prince. Musical genius doesn’t describe him per Larry. He said Prince & MJ were two guys that were so similar w/ their ears, but Prince was a COMPLETE musician.

Who has more, Puff or Kenny Edmonds?

Advertisement
Back