Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

I'll do one better. Name the last artist who has recorded a timeless song.
I'd say you'd need to wait a while to determine whether a song is "timeless" or not so anything less than 20 or so years old is still TBD. And this is coming from someone who doesn't know any new music at all and has generally hated popular music since adolescence.

Advertisement
Ur right where u didn't use that word. I read it in several posts and u simply said injuries and now 2 years. So to clarify. Don's case that applies all day. He's had multiple injuries and essentially he's missed 2 years. Trevonte however was a true freshman last year. He had one injury that cost him his freshman year and as he had an issue in rehab it'll cost him a lil of this year. BUT if we want to he can most certainly play this season. But what's the sense in rushing a kid back if theres no need for it. My two cents he'll be on the field this year. With that in mind and not digging too deep into the memory bank I'll simply say Frank gore(who had multiple HORRIBLE injuries that cost him years not only in college or pro but all the way back into high school even. Then just as an extreme case but all in college would be Willis. He essentially missed three years of college ball & every bit of two years. Injuries happen and yes it can absolutely take a toll on the body and worse yet on the mind, but don't just write a kid off and lower expectations as a result of it before they get to prove themselves who they are. Trevonte in particular is the REAL DEAL. I love the backs were getting not only already in the room but the ones coming in as well. NONE of them is on that boys level and I just pray he gets to show it to the world and doesn't get left behind. So as fans let's simply be there to show our kids they matter regardless. Because when a kid is injured that support means far more than what most could ever imagine.

That's great to hear on Trevonte. You have much more knowledge than I do on his injury. I really hope we see him on the field this year.

I hope when I say "I've lowered my expectations" it doesn't read as "I've written them off" because that's not the case at all. I have a lot of hope still and am rooting for both Citizen & Chaney. I still expect them to be a large part of our offense in the next couple years. I just see a lot of fans saying "all they need to do is stay healthy and their beasts" which I certainly hope is true, but IMO is an unfair expectation. My expectation is even once they're 100% healthy,, they'll need time to ramp up.

Don has 80 carries in college and Trevonte has 0 - so with the lack of experience + recovering from injuries, I don't think it's fair to expect them to be dominant the next time we see them on the field.

Like you said - Gore & Willis needed 2-3 years to get back to speed. They weren't the same when they hit the field a year and a half after their 1st knee injuries. Non-Miami guys like Nick Chubb & Saquon Barkley took 2-3 years. And it's definitely possible to still be a great RB if you only get back to about 90% of what you were before a knee injury like some of these guys have.

Last edited:
I'd say you'd need to wait a while to determine whether a song is "timeless" or not so anything less than 20 or so years old is still TBD. And this is coming from someone who doesn't know any new music at all and has generally hated popular music since adolescence.
I agree with the substance of what you're saying, but I don't see much other than formulaic pop **** out there.

Yeah man, like I said systemic is a word that’s doesn’t truly get the attention it deserves. It’s all blood $$, & they don’t see the detriment it’s caused. Sometimes, things don’t change.
Change starts within... Being honest with yourself do you see any change coming? Simple answer is **** no. People these days are happily blind to the world and their role in it. It's an endless cycle of ****ery.

That's great to hear on Trevonte. You have much more knowledge than I do on his injury. I really hope we see him on the field this year.

I hope when I say "I've lowered my expectations" it doesn't read as "I've written them off" because that's not the case at all. I have a lot of hope still and am rooting for both Citizen & Chaney. I still expect them to be a large part of our offense in the next couple years. I just see a lot of fans saying "all they need to do is stay healthy and their beasts" which I certainly hope is true, but IMO is an unfair expectation. My expectation is even once they're 100% healthy,, they'll need time to ramp up.

Don has 80 carries in college and Trevonte has 0 - so with the lack of experience + recovering from injuries, I don't think it's fair to expect them to be dominant the next time we see them on the field.

Like you said - Gore & Willis needed 2-3 years to get back to speed. They weren't the same when they hit the field a year and a half after their 1st knee injuries. Non-Miami guys like Nick Chubb & Saquon Barkley took 2-3 years. And it's definitely possible to still be a great RB if you only get back to about 90% of what you were before a knee injury like some of these guys have.
Now I see what you mean. Admittedly I'm kind of triggered on some of these topics. This being one of them.

Advertisement
Nah, definitely not…but I am happy to say, the owner of the shop has made it a point to play only Old School R&B music since that convo. He said he never thought about that until I brought it up and he noticed how his behavior would change after listening to certain lyrics. He said he wants his shop to be more of a positive vibe.
That's cool. Though Sevendust wouldn't exactly fit the vibe you're looking for. Perhaps Hootie and the Blowfish?

Sorry. I'll stop. I probably shouldn't have interjected a silly joke into a serious topic like blaxploitation, but I can't pass up an opportunity to mention Sevendust and Lajon - my favorite vocalist from 90s/00s era metal. And, to your point (kind of), their stuff came out back in the 90s.

Nah, definitely not…but I am happy to say, the owner of the shop has made it a point to play only Old School R&B music since that convo. He said he never thought about that until I brought it up and he noticed how his behavior would change after listening to certain lyrics. He said he wants his shop to be more of a positive vibe.
what do you call old style R&B? My definition? OJays, Teddy Pendergrass, Mavin Gaye, Barry White, Al Green, Luther Vandross, Bill Witheres, Harold Melvin and the bluenotes, George Benson etc. some of them may bleed into other genres like Soul

Advertisement
That’s exactly what I’m referring to.
the late 1960s to late 1970s produced the best music ever IMO. hard rock (Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath etc.), disco, R&B (see list above), Soul, American Folk Rock (Crosby Stills Nash etc.). After CSN and the like, R&B is my favorite. those guys could sing, write songs, play music and mostly importantly DANCE.

none of the music today can touch the musicians of that era. NONE. take for instance Earth Wind & Fire. you had world class musicians, song writers, singers arrangers, producers and to boot super cool people that everyone wanted to look like/imitate.

the late 1960s to late 1970s produced the best music ever IMO. hard rock (Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath etc.), disco, R&B (see list above), Soul, American Folk Rock (Crosby Stills Nash etc.). After CSN and the like, R&B is my favorite. those guys could sing, write songs, play music and mostly importantly DANCE.

none of the music today can touch the musicians of that era. NONE. take for instance Earth Wind & Fire. you had world class musicians, song writers, singers arrangers, producers and to boot super cool people that everyone wanted to look like/imitate.
I went to so many concerts circa 75-85 (in Florida) that it's a wonder I'm alive. I bet it's past 60...

Advertisement

Let’s not forget, those iconic beats…all musical instruments, not machines.

when you ball up this post into one song / video

Well, I was a young kid & it was clear it was racist af. Buckwheat was the quintessential definition of stereotype & there were other racist monikers throughout. Not trying to chit on ur childhood, but it is what it was.
So stereotyping is racist? Remember you said that over the next few years.

Advertisement
I went to so many concerts circa 75-85 (in Florida) that it's a wonder I'm alive. I bet it's past 60...
they were the best. i went to 10-15 and back then the tickets were actually affordable. i saw van halen and paid $35 per ticket and they were pretty good tickets

i just bought 4 tickets for luis miguel (don't ask, for the wife and her parents) and paid $500 per tickets for tickets in the 20th row. they are reselling for $2000 PER TICKET

Advertisement
Back