Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

▪ A person close to the Canes running back room said Don Chaney Jr.’s injury that will keep him out a while is a hip injury. The Canes remain hopeful he will play at some point this season.

And that source said that freshman running back TreVonte’ Citizen’s injury that will keep him out longterm is a significant knee injury, sustained in a practice.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article264663784.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
This is crazy. Still no announcement about his injury. Possibly no surgery? I thought for sure he would have had surgery this week. Why delay the rehab? I still think he will have surgery and is out for the year. Hoping for the best for Trevonte.

This is crazy. Still no announcement about his injury. Possibly no surgery? I thought for sure he would have had surgery this week. Why delay the rehab? I still think he will have surgery and is out for the year. Hoping for the best for Trevonte.
Knowing sports injuries that end an RB season, it's "probably" an ACL or Achillis tear. My best guess

Maybe I misheard but I could have sworn lance said he is out for the year on leed’s recruiting show.

Advertisement
Given the unfortunate injuries in the RB room there is one small bright spot. We will almost definitely have another Isaiah Cashwell sighting against BC. Anytime the walkons get to play is a treat.

I used to hurry home from school to catch the Stooges. Liked Curly better than Shep
Don't for the little rascals. Loved that show too.

Advertisement
I still can't believe Chaney is hurt again and we lost citizen for the whole season.

Thankfully we got Parrish this off-season...
I swear it's like a bad dream. Citizen might have been our best back. Those feet, all that shifitniness at a stout 220...now we might never get to see him in pre-ACL form (if that is indeed the injury). Tragic. At least with Gore, we got to see his ridiculous raw talent in quite a few games as a freshman before his ACL. As great of a (HOF worthy) career as he had after it, he was significantly better before the injury.

When I read Trevonte got hurt, the first guy I thought about was Chaney, & I thanked the football gods he was healthy...

I swear it's like a bad dream. Citizen might have been our best back. Those feet, all that shifitniness at a stout 220...now we might never get to see him in pre-ACL form (if that is indeed the injury). Tragic. At least with Gore, we got to see his ridiculous raw talent in quite a few games as a freshman before his ACL. As great of a (HOF worthy) career as he had after it, he was significantly better before the injury.

When I read Trevonte got hurt, the first guy I thought about was Chaney, & I thanked the football gods he was healthy...
I had same thoughts man, we finally land an elite workhorse. An elite "five tool" type back (guy just LOOKS and runs different from the other guys we have) and first scrimmage we lose him. Our luck has been **** man.. lol.. We dont even get to see this man suit up to best of abilities, im just hoping he makes it thru rehab as the mental is very tough on athletes, I can only imagine a true freshman who might be home sick and gonna be on shelf for awhile. Sucks.

Thank gawd for Mario :u5pyxda:

They seem to keep these injuries tight lipped. For example did they ever actually report Cam had a torn acl last year? I don’t recall they did. And yet Cam confirmed it on the podcast.

▪ A person close to the Canes running back room said Don Chaney Jr.’s injury that will keep him out a while is a hip injury. The Canes remain hopeful he will play at some point this season.

And that source said that freshman running back TreVonte’ Citizen’s injury that will keep him out longterm is a significant knee injury, sustained in a practice.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article264663784.html#storylink=cpy
Barry our medical director… always chasing the ambulance

Advertisement
My first post yesterday i said “half the season” then edited a little bit later. The original text I was sent said “6-8 wk’s”. Glancing at it I thought games. When I saw Mtsu the light went on it wasn’t half the year and they meant weeks, I literally had posted thats the absolute earliest he‘d return lol. That could possibly be why some are thinking half the year. Even though that could happen , you never know how something will heal but 6-8 weeks is the ball park.

I may have missed this, but are these estimates for him to be ready to play in a game (as in he would have already worked his way back into condition, practice, etc.), or for him to start working back but game ready would still take more time?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back