Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Hope the best for this upstanding citizen
Over It Sigh GIF by hero0fwar

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
“IF” it’s a ACL .. I’m not worried players be coming back in like 3 week after surgery!! Lol I’m exaggerating….. but the return time is no where near what is was 10 years ago. Let’s Relax.
This isn’t true. Players used to get back in 4 months, which is nuts. They had high retear rates. Now it’s 8-12 months return to play.

ACL tear in August is season ending.

If it was spring, early return is still a risk/reward situation. I am 7 weeks into it right now. If you come back before 9 months, you are taking a risk because of the ligamentization process. It is doable at about 6 months with BPTB if you have freak muscles to protect the graft, unbelievable PT, and phenomenal sports psychology, but any fatigue during a game puts the graft at risk. The graft really gets strong after 12 months.

Hoping no meniscus damage and a swift recovery!
I’m 13 weeks BPTB. Good luck with it.

My former late Wife was also an MRI tech.....they most certainly do wait for the swelling to go down...much easier to interpret once the swelling goes down.
For MRI we don’t care if there’s swelling. The swelling actually helps us see where the injury is. Swelling does effect physical exam. If it’s too swollen it’s harder to check the integrity of the ligament. That’s partly why you see guys getting physical exam out on the field immediately after the injury.

For MRI we don’t care if there’s swelling. The swelling actually helps us see where the injury is. Swelling does effect physical exam. If it’s too swollen it’s harder to check the integrity of the ligament. That’s partly why you see guys getting physical exam out on the field immediately after the injury.
They know it's an ACL for the 7,000 time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still remember Rod Woodson and Jerry Rice coming back in the same season after tears. In Rice’s case he then fractured his knee cap.
He tore it against Tampa Bay game #1....then came back game #15 and messed up his patella. It WAS brought on because of him rushing back. Completely foolish of him to come back that soon. I met Jerry, when his nephew Darius was playing Hoops for UM, and we spoke about this back then.

Advertisement
Back