Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
If we are judging people off post times nobody needs to be looking at when I am posting lmao because I doubt people would believe I am a software engineer for a fortune 500 company and am making only 1/2 the income my wife is lol.
Approve South Park GIF

@IndayArtHauz ....I too am kinda wondering why no info has been made public. I know there was substantial swelling, which isn't good. Swelling makes X-rays/MRI harder to interpret, hence the wait for the swelling to go down. Knee MRIs take about 45mins to an hour.
I'm an MRI tech and and even with a swollen knee you can see all the ligaments, within two minutes of a MRI scan you can determine if the ligament is torn or not. If he's gotten an MRI already they definitely know if his ACL is torn or still intact

Advertisement
@IndayArtHauz ....I too am kinda wondering why no info has been made public. I know there was substantial swelling, which isn't good. Swelling makes X-rays/MRI harder to interpret, hence the wait for the swelling to go down. Knee MRIs take about 45mins to an hour.
Well thankfully we have you to put his medical business out there... #hipaa

I'm an MRI tech and and even with a swollen knee you can see all the ligaments, within two minutes of a MRI scan you can determine if the ligament is torn or not. If he's gotten an MRI already they definitely know if his ACL is torn or still intact
My former late Wife was also an MRI tech.....they most certainly do wait for the swelling to go down...much easier to interpret once the swelling goes down.

Advertisement
Privacy laws limit what the school can release.

Maybe it’s a torn ACL and requires surgery, maybe the injury is not quite that bad, but requires time to wait and further evaluate. Surgery now and we don’t see him until 2023. Wait a week, two weeks, and determine if he can rehab and come back in the Spring. If not, then have surgery. A two week wait for surgery won’t impact a return schedule.

It’s the young man’s call.

We fans have to be patient and hope the best for him in the long run.

Last edited:

Maybe it’s a torn ACL and requires surgery, maybe the injury is not quite that bad, but requires time to wait and further evaluate. Surgery now and we don’t see him until 2023. Wait a week, two weeks, and maybe he can rehab and come back in the Spring. If not, then have surgery. A two week wait with surgery won’t impact a return schedule.

Hope he dont get home sick or any of that type of stuff.. Gonna be a long road, really wanted to see a top back in orange and green.. Atleast we always have freshman highlights of gore to know he was goat status.. We got fat gore after, lulz good times

Advertisement
You will never win, nor will he admit defeat. Him and I have had our go around and seen eye to eye on other things. Best case scenario, just agree to disagree and enjoy whatever time you spend typing whatever up doing something else.

He's legit my favorite poster

Maybe it’s a torn ACL and requires surgery, maybe the injury is not quite that bad, but requires time to wait and further evaluate. Surgery now and we don’t see him until 2023. Wait a week, two weeks, and determine if he can rehab and come back in the Spring. If not, then have surgery. A two week wait for surgery won’t impact a return schedule.

I kept waiting . . . medical injuries, conditions, and amputations are protected by law.

From what I remember (I could be wrong) - we heard Chaney was an ACL pretty quickly, but for Lingard & Cam Harris it was cloudy for a while if it was definitely an ACL or not.

Also thought this was interesting - Cam tore his ACL in the UNC game on 10/16. But he said on the podcast posted today he remembers the date - 10/27. Maybe he's just remembering wrong, but maybe 10/27 (11 days later) ws the day it was confirmed it was an ACL?

Advertisement
From what I remember (I could be wrong) - we heard Chaney was an ACL pretty quickly, but for Lingard & Cam Harris it was cloudy for a while if it was definitely an ACL or not.

Also thought this was interesting - Cam tore his ACL in the UNC game on 10/16. But he said on the podcast posted today he remembers the date - 10/27. Maybe he's just remembering wrong, but maybe 10/27 (11 days later) ws the day it was confirmed it was an ACL?
There are times they need to wait for swelling to subside before confirming with an MRI

Ask your wife again lol, on a Sag T2 FS sequence you can see the ACL I'm two minutes. If he got an MRI they know the answer
Just had my 38th and 39th MRIs last week. Like you said the swelling does not make any difference when it comes to see a torn ligament or tendon, cartilage damage, muscle inflammation or any type of fractured bone. Some with or without contrast die. Sometimes they do both one after the other. With the die you can see more. I have a box full of MRIs, CT scans and X Rays. They might wait for the swelling to see how far out of alignment the joint is when it comes back some what together.

Several years ago I had a 100% torn MCL and 90% torn PCL and had an MRI done the next day. First thing is an X-Ray which is more for bone fractures and joint misplacement but cheap and fast.

Ask your wife again lol, on a Sag T2 FS sequence you can see the ACL I'm two minutes. If he got an MRI they know the answer
I'm an MRI tech too (32 years) and you're absolutely right. I've scanned high school kids an hour after injury and you can see an ACL tear easily. I don't know where this wait until the swelling goes down stuff comes from. I know that they do it, but it's not because they can't see an ACL tear. It's by far the easiest knee injury to see on an MRI

Advertisement
Back