Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

I wonder if there’s something that fans can do to show some love for the guy besides just posting the most ridiculous thoughts here. As mentioned injuries are tough and the timing of this one for him is tougher.

What can we do? Should we sign a card with all our screen names? Crowdfund a table at E11even? Send some supplements for recovery?

Advertisement
I doubt that will happen, my friend.

Not when it's Original. He's fascinating. I always want to hear more.

When it comes to the "freshman RB's playing a ton is extremely uncommon" theory - here's more examples just using Miami & our coaches

Miami - Freshman Carries
Duke - 139
Walton - 129
Yearby - 86
Chaney - 68 (11 game season)

It all comes down to how do you define "a ton of playing time"? Duke led us in rushing. The others were our 2nd leading rusher.

The best example of RB's playing right away is 2017 when Deejay Dallas switched from WR to RB 4 games into the season. He was a QB is HS - never played RB before. 1 month later he's getting 12 carries vs #3 Notre Dame.

Oregon - Cristobal - Freshman
Dye - 140
Cardwell - 61

Michigan - Gattis - Freshman
Charbonnet - 149 (led team in rushing)
Corum - first play of Michigan's 2020 season was to Corum

FAU/Ole Miss - Kevin Smith
Singletary - 152 (led team in rushing but was a year before Smith got there)
Parrish - 56 (10 game season)

So our Head Coach / OC / RB Coach all coached a RB that got 140+ carries a Freshman in the last 5 years. Does that sound "extremely uncommon"?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Don slander has been unreal this fall camp. Don is an extremely hard worker and immensely talented

A big part of the fanbase loves Chaney. I personally think he's the most complete back we've had since Miller. Not make you miss in a phonebooth like Duke, who was special in that way. But overall an elite everydown back. Yes, elite.

Sometimes, people get carried away by their support of other players (Knighton, Parrish, Citizen) and try to put Chaney down or conflate injury with laziness / lack of grit. That's just fans being stupid. Chaney is a beast and will prove everyone wrong this season.

A big part of the fanbase loves Chaney. I personally think he's the most complete back we've had since Miller. Not make you miss in a phonebooth like Duke, who was special in that way. But overall an elite everydown back. Yes, elite.

Sometimes, people get carried away by their support of other players (Knighton, Parrish, Citizen) and try to put Chaney down or conflate injury with laziness / lack of grit. That's just fans being stupid. Chaney is a beast and will prove everyone wrong this season.
Love Chaney, seems special when he plays… unfortunately has not been able to stay healthy… I see him as RB#1 IF he does not get hurt

I love Chaney but not going to get excited about him this year until I see him take a few good shots and then line up and run another play instead of being out for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
I wonder if there’s something that fans can do to show some love for the guy besides just posting the most ridiculous thoughts here. As mentioned injuries are tough and the timing of this one for him is tougher.

What can we do? Should we sign a card with all our screen names? Crowdfund a table at E11even? Send some supplements for recovery?

Maybe a VIP Card at Tootsies?

Congrats - you just proved the point I already agreed with you about So I should shut my ***** mouth up....because I'm agreeing with you?

I said - "If you said of the 120+ RB's that will be Freshman this year - a small % will play "a ton" this year, then you're absolutely correct." The data proves the point we both agree on. Even so - given 18% led their team in rushing, let's say another 12% played "a ton" (but didn't lead the team), is 30% really a small % (as I said), or "extremely uncommon" (as you said)? Probably not. We might both be wrong here.

You saying "great RB's playing right away is extremely uncommon" remains false. The data shows it's false. You can't give any data or even explain what you mean by your statement to even begin to try and prove otherwise. Until you can do either - I'll remain confused why you continue to fight this.
Maybe you two can go suck each other off somewhere else.

When it comes to the "freshman RB's playing a ton is extremely uncommon" theory - here's more examples just using Miami & our coaches

Miami - Freshman Carries
Duke - 139
Walton - 129
Yearby - 86

It all comes down to how do you define "a ton of playing time"? Duke led us in rushing. The others were our 2nd leading rusher.

The best example of RB's playing right away is 2017 when Deejay Dallas switched from WR to RB 4 games into the season. He was a QB is HS - never played RB before. 1 month later he's getting 12 carries vs #3 Notre Dame.

Dye - 140
Cardwell - 61

So our Head Coach / OC / RB Coach all coached a RB that got 140+ carries a Freshman in the last 5 years. Does that sound "extremely uncommon"?
That's some **** fine research right there. Thank you!

I wish I were retired! I wish I had been on the wake and bake plan that early. No boos that early on a work day;) Dude I am always and never seeking validation all the time, not just 430 am.
If we are judging people off post times nobody needs to be looking at when I am posting lmao because I doubt people would believe I am a software engineer for a fortune 500 company and am making only 1/2 the income my wife is lol.

Advertisement
Literally happened 5 days ago and there hasn’t been a single report aside from “more significant” than 3-5 days. Not so much as a “it always been a struggle god got me“ tweet from Citizen.

Usually by this time Barry J has swapped info with a medical student for some Heat tickets to be named later.

Literally happened 5 days ago and there hasn’t been a single report aside from “more significant” than 3-5 days. Not so much as a “it always been a struggle god got me“ tweet from Citizen.

Usually by this time Barry J has swapped info with a medical for some Heat tickets to be named later.
“From my sworcess inside the HEKT, I’m hearing it’s Leg Murder, with possible amputation, more later..”

- Miami reporters

Advertisement

Usually by this time Barry J has swapped info with a medical for some Heat tickets to be named later.

Generally it’s really up to the patient/family when and what to release. The fact that no word has come out may mean that he still in an evaluation stage. You would think if it was something straightforward that they would know how to proceed at this point. There’s no telling what this is, and I wouldn’t hold my breath for any information. I mean we could get it tomorrow or not for a week or longer.

Generally it’s really up to the patient/family when and what to release. The fact that no word has come out may mean that he still in an evaluation stage. You would think if it was something straightforward that they would know how to proceed at this point. There’s no telling what this is, and I wouldn’t hold my breath for any information. I mean we could get it tomorrow or not for a week or longer.
I’m comparing this to previous staffs. Maybe I’m a prisoner of the moment but don’t we normally at least see speculative leaks by now?

I’m comparing this to previous staffs. Maybe I’m a prisoner of the moment but don’t we normally at least see speculative leaks by now?

I don’t even know how I would compare. It’s so early in this staff’s tenure anyway.

I think the only assumption I’m willing to make is that if it was something really minor, we would already know that. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Miami - Freshman Carries
Duke - 139
Walton - 129
Yearby - 86

Dye - 140
Cardwell - 61

You will never win, nor will he admit defeat. Him and I have had our go around and seen eye to eye on other things. Best case scenario, just agree to disagree and enjoy whatever time you spend typing whatever up doing something else.

Advertisement
Back