Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
It's unfortunate for Citizen. Wish him a healthy recovery and successful rehab. Stronger in 23.

Interesting that just a month ago some notable and reliable posters were spewing out that Chaney and Franklin would transfer. This is what happens when you play big man football. You bring the heat every practice. Injuries no question is part of the game, will occur, and why its critically important to recruit every position and build blue chip quality depth.

“IF” it’s a ACL .. I’m not worried players be coming back in like 3 week after surgery!! Lol I’m exaggerating….. but the return time is no where near what is was 10 years ago. Let’s Relax.
ACL tear in August is season ending.

If it was spring, early return is still a risk/reward situation. I am 7 weeks into it right now. If you come back before 9 months, you are taking a risk because of the ligamentization process. It is doable at about 6 months with BPTB if you have freak muscles to protect the graft, unbelievable PT, and phenomenal sports psychology, but any fatigue during a game puts the graft at risk. The graft really gets strong after 12 months.

Hoping no meniscus damage and a swift recovery!

It's unfortunate for Citizen. Wish him a healthy recovery and successful rehab. Stronger in 23.

Interesting that just a month ago some notable and reliable posters were spewing out that Chaney and Franklin would transfer. This is what happens when you play big man football. You bring the heat every practice. Injuries no question is part of the game, will occur, and why its critically important to recruit every position and build blue chip quality depth.
Anyone who said Don was transferring is an idiot and obviously doesn’t know him. Fwiw he could have left anytime the last TWO years and both times he chose to stay here. I won’t tell you who chased him the hardest, but the two that did played for the national championship last year. That’s how stupid that thought was.

Advertisement
This is exactly what I said: “even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year, especially right off the bat, is extremely uncommon”

You somehow changed my quote. Prior to that you changed the topic to NFL backs. I don’t know how you’re defining great, I didn’t say elite, I said great, there’s lots of great backs in college football every year.

Apparently you just wanted to start a ****ing contest, as you usually do when it comes to running backs. This thread is about Citizen, not about you trying to somehow establish your bona fides as a running back expert. I stand by what I said, let’s get back to the topic and stop with the derail.

How is leading your team in rushing not "playing right off the bat"?

I clearly defined "great" as NFL starters & "tons of playing time" as leading their team in rushing. That came to 50%, which doesn't meet my definition of "extremely uncommon", and you didn't like that. So I gave you NFL backups, recent retirees, and top prospects. Which still doesn't work for you.

How about this - give your definitions of "a great RB", "getting tons of playing time", "extremely uncommon" and we'll see which RB's fit into your definitions?

Last edited:
Consider the sauce, but DBC on twitter is saying it isn't an ACL. No matter the injury, it sounds like this kid was going to get some serious burn this year.
Wait so you got info from DBC about the injury and you came to the conclusion he was going to get serious burn this year.

Whoa this board get's weirder everyday.

Shhhh I got downvotes because I said a healthy Chaney would take the number 1 spot. Remember these experts watched Citizen in Highschool and therefore came to the conclusion he would be the best back by the end of the year. LOL

Advertisement
Fascinating statistic. Can you source this?

I don't have a source, just going off of memory and looking some up. Anyone can double check, or disagree with some, but here's how I looked at it:

14 are Clear Cut Starters (44%)
Jonathan Taylor, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, Breece Hall, David Montgomery, James Conner, Devin Singletary, JK Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Austin Ekeler, Cam Akers

1 is questionable - Marlon Mack. Dameon Pierce might start
1 I got wrong - Joe Mixon had 750 yds as a RS-Freshman but was behind Semaje Perine.....who ran for 1,700 yds as a Freshman

Of the 16 that are left
2 played WR in college
- Cordarrelle Patterson, Antonio Gibson
5 just didn't play "a ton" as FR - Christian McCaffery, Elijah Mitchell, Rashaad Penny, Chase Edmonds, Javonte Williams

9 (Mostly Alabama RB's) were stuck behind other Older/Big-Time NFL talents
TJ Yeldon ran for 1,100 yds as a Freshman, then....
Derrick Henry - TJ Yeldon/Kenyan Drake
Alvin Kamara - TJ Yeldon/Kenyan Drake/Derrick Henry
Damien Harris - Derrick Henry/Kenyan Drake
Josh Jacobs - Damien Harris/Bo Scarbarough
Najeh Harris - Damien Harris/Bo Scarbarough
Miles Sanders - Saquon Barkley
Ezekiel Elliott - Carlos Hyde
CEH - Derrius Guice/Darrell Williams
D'Andre Swift - Nick Chubb/Sony Michel

I don't have a source, just going off of memory and looking some up. Anyone can double check, or disagree with some, but here's how I looked at it:

Jonathan Taylor, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, Breece Hall, David Montgomery, James Conner, Devin Singletary, JK Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Austin Ekeler, Cam Akers

1 I got wrong - Joe Mixon had 750 yds as a RS-Freshman but was behind Semaje Perine.....who ran for 1,700 yds as a Freshman

Of the 16 that are left
2 played WR in college
5 just didn't play "a ton" as FR - Christian McCaffery, Elijah Mitchell, Rashaad Penny, Chase Edmonds, Javonte Williams

Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I have no issue with someone's own research being the source material, I just prefer it to be posted.

Good stuff.

Anyone who said Don was transferring is an idiot and obviously doesn’t know him. Fwiw he could have left anytime the last TWO years and both times he chose to stay here. I won’t tell you who chased him the hardest, but the two that did played for the national championship last year. That’s how stupid that thought was.
The Don slander has been unreal this fall camp. Don is an extremely hard worker and immensely talented

Last edited:
Advertisement
How is leading your team in rushing not "playing right off the bat"?

I clearly defined "great" as NFL starters & "tons of playing time" as leading their team in rushing. That came to 50%, which doesn't meet my definition of "extremely uncommon", and you didn't like that. So I gave you NFL backups, recent retirees, and top prospects. Which still doesn't work for you.

How about this - give your definitions of "a great RB", "getting tons of playing time", "extremely uncommon" and we'll see which RB's fit into your definitions?

At this point you’re just trolling. Stay on topic.

Of the 16 that are left
2 played WR in college

I have introduced a resolution to name you Rbshaw28

Advertisement
The Don slander has been unreal this fall camp. Don is an extremely hard worker and immensely
Not sure there was much "slander" but rather the majority of posters (myself included) were simply not ready to crown him the starter based on his limited body of work. He was/is an immensely talented back. He has also shown a propensity for injuries, which has held him back from reaching his full potential.

With that said, this is CIS and an overreaction by some on both sides of the aisle should be expected.

You're the only one disagreeing with me - so what's that tell you?

It's ok to admit "oh man, I didn't realize there were that many Freshman RB's leading their team in rushing"

For fūcks sake, Christ almighty, give it a fūcking break. I actually had to look this up to shut your bltch mouth up.

Only 18% of FBS teams had a freshman as their leading rusher, how many of those were true freshman i.e. first year players like Citizen, versus second year, or red shirt freshman I don’t know. I’ll let you figure that out.

Will you finally shut the fūck up and stop the derail. I’ve already spent 10 minutes on this today, that’s 10 minutes I can never get back, and you ended up being wrong anyway.

Advertisement
Back